Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2013, 03:55 PM
  #51
acerc
 
acerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Sunshine state, when it's not raining!
Posts: 8,108
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Nathan not my models. The models of others. If you (Nathan) were saying something and I wanted to check you out a little I would click on your name and look at the models you have in your gallery. And sometimes I could base whether or not you were full of it based on the models in your gallery. I refer people all the time to my gallery for the same reason.
acerc is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 03:57 PM
  #52
Nathan
Administrator
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 5,214
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim View Post
so supposedly we can upload 25 photos according to Ken's FAQ, now I go back to my 3 year old thread to edit "My" post and I am locked out of My thread so I can't seem to make a edit within a 30 min period
This will be adjusted similar to what we had before.
Nathan is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 03:59 PM
  #53
Nathan
Administrator
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 5,214
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerc View Post
Nathan not my models. The models of others. If you (Nathan) were saying something and I wanted to check you out a little I would click on your name and look at the models you have in your gallery. And sometimes I could base whether or not you were full of it based on the models in your gallery. I refer people all the time to my gallery fgor the same reason.
Understood, and did you click the link I gave for Neddy191's profile? Clicking on MyModels (for now) will get you to the search option for another member. We will work on making it so when you click the member's name in a post it will have a link to get you to their site profile.
Nathan is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 04:25 PM
  #54
pvogel
 
pvogel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 453
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

When logging in to RCU from Chrome, everything seems fine, but when I go to the forums, it has the big "DO you want to create an ACCOUNT?" banner, "Already have an account? Click here to login" clicking "here" goes to the old-style RCU general profile page for me and everything is correct, but the forums still don't recognize me. My Firefox session seems to be working (which is why I can post here). I've cleared all rcuniverse.com cookies.
pvogel is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 04:31 PM
  #55
bigtim
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: san francisco, CA
Posts: 4,124
Default

ok so now how do I unsubscribe from this thread I go to my email and there is 10 reply emails from RCU pertaining to this subject at this point I think I will just sign out and you guys can debug this place, its just a hot mess right now,this stuff should have been addressed before going live FYI RCU actually worked for most of us, and you really didn't need to change it, not really sure what the point in this whole affair was now it just looks like RC Groups ascetically
bigtim is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 04:33 PM
  #56
pvogel
 
pvogel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 453
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

bigtim -- from "Thread Tools" at the top of the page, select "Unsubscribe from this thread" -- looks like they have the "quick reply" option set to subscribe you to the thread when you reply. Peter+
pvogel is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 04:38 PM
  #57
bigtim
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: san francisco, CA
Posts: 4,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvogel View Post
bigtim -- from "Thread Tools" at the top of the page, select "Unsubscribe from this thread" -- looks like they have the "quick reply" option set to subscribe you to the thread when you reply. Peter+

thank you, so I still havent been able to edit my postings is this a option that will be made later on in this forum revamp
bigtim is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 04:42 PM
  #58
IBobi
Administrator
 
IBobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: El Segundo, CA
Posts: 536
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvogel View Post
When logging in to RCU from Chrome, everything seems fine, but when I go to the forums, it has the big "DO you want to create an ACCOUNT?" banner, "Already have an account? Click here to login" clicking "here" goes to the old-style RCU general profile page for me and everything is correct, but the forums still don't recognize me. My Firefox session seems to be working (which is why I can post here). I've cleared all rcuniverse.com cookies.
Happening to me too, and on IE. I have reported it to tech; they'll have it fixed by tomorrow or tonight.
IBobi is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 04:43 PM
  #59
acerc
 
acerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Sunshine state, when it's not raining!
Posts: 8,108
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Understood, and did you click the link I gave for Neddy191's profile? Clicking on MyModels (for now) will get you to the search option for another member. We will work on making it so when you click the member's name in a post it will have a link to get you to their site profile.
Sounds good.Thank's And I as well vote for the loss of the blues.
acerc is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 04:44 PM
  #60
pvogel
 
pvogel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 453
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Please install the Tapatalk plugin

Tapatalk

Thanks!
Peter+
pvogel is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 04:48 PM
  #61
pvogel
 
pvogel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 453
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim View Post
thank you, so I still havent been able to edit my postings is this a option that will be made later on in this forum revamp
I can edit recent (that is, posts made since the forum switched to vBulletin) but I haven't checked if I can edit posts from before the switch. It would not surprise me to find that I could not edit older posts. Are you trying to edit recent or older posts?

For recent, there's an "Edit Post" in the footer of the post.

Edit... Looks like you can only edit a post that hasn't been replied to yet...

Peter+
pvogel is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 04:56 PM
  #62
pvogel
 
pvogel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 453
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerc View Post
And I really hate the fact that just because I post in a forum it is automatically added to my Subscribed forums. Like I said above, "This new and inproved RCU bites"!!!
At the top of the page, where it says "Welcome, acerc" click the "Settings" link, then on the left nav go to "General Settings" and change the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to suit your preferences.

Peter+
pvogel is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 04:59 PM
  #63
pvogel
 
pvogel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 453
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

On firefox (can't login from any other browser to check yet) clicking "reply with quote" or "Reply" on a post causes a wait cursor that seems to persist forever or until I reload the page. Peter+
pvogel is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 05:11 PM
  #64
bigtim
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: san francisco, CA
Posts: 4,124
Default

I tried to include the quote pvogal but it wouldn't load so to answer your question I posted in the thread and it allowed me to edit within my page opening but when I came back to the post to try to load a pic as I had done on numerous times there was no option to edit even though there was a "edited by BigTim" notification on the bottom of the post, there was no option to do additional editing even though it had only been a few min between visits.in the old system I could go back several days if need be to make a correction when required( sometimes I post late at night and when I read through my posts they need editing just to be legible ) considering its a thread I started and have maintained its a little frustrating to not be able to correct mistakes if need be
bigtim is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 05:13 PM
  #65
pvogel
 
pvogel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 453
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim View Post
I tried to include the quote pvogal but it wouldn't load so to answer your question I posted in the thread and it allowed me to edit within my page opening but when I came back to the post to try to load a pic as I had done on numerous times there was no option to edit even though there was a "edited by BigTim" notification on the bottom of the post, there was no option to do additional editing even though it had only been a few min between visits.in the old system I could go back several days if need be to make a correction when required( sometimes I post late at night and when I read through my posts they need editing just to be legible ) considering its a thread I started and have maintained its a little frustrating to not be able to correct mistakes if need be
Agreed. If I recall my vBulletin admin days, there's a "site setting" (admins can access) that sets how old a post can be to allow edits and whether to allow edits after a post has been replied to. Sounds like they need to flip it appropriately.

Peter+
pvogel is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 05:20 PM
  #66
IBobi
Administrator
 
IBobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: El Segundo, CA
Posts: 536
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

The Edit Time setting will be set back to what it was on the old forum, once the bugs here start to settle a bit.
IBobi is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 05:46 PM
  #67
Doug Cronkhite
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,479
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Login cookies aren't being saved. I have to login anytime I try to do anything.
Chrome formatting is a mess. The overall layout of the forums is just awful. The theme of the forums itself needs a lot of aesthetic work to even get back to the previous revision.
The "My Forums" button doesn't actually appear to work from the pulldown menu. The button only works 1/2 the time. The other half it says I need to login to the site again.
Doug Cronkhite is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 05:47 PM
  #68
telejojo
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL
Posts: 830
Default

I'm talking about MY FORUMS the one's I saved for years and the only ones I want to see .Now I click on my forums and every forum on this site comes up.
telejojo is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 06:00 PM
  #69
Airplanes400
 
Airplanes400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,631
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

The links are broken to the "Manage Subscriptions" and the "Manage Forums" from the drop down menu of the Forums tab.

Plus, ICFS (I can't find ... well, you know ...)

So ,,, this is the BETA version, huh?

Last edited by Airplanes400; 08-06-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Airplanes400 is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 06:06 PM
  #70
Kenric
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

had to make this new account to be able to post my problem. I can sing in and remain sing in on the home page and classifieds but when i come to the forums I'm not sing in. same problem like the user "pvogel" posted about.
my user name is "kenrico"
Kenric is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 06:14 PM
  #71
1QwkSport2.5r
 
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 8,668
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I get an error message when trying to click the "forum settings" tab in the user CP. It says I don't have privilege or I'm not signed in even though I am. Clicking on the "click here to sign in" brings me back to the general settings tab showing me being signed in.
1QwkSport2.5r is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 06:26 PM
  #72
drube
 
drube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: North Port, FL
Posts: 1,569
Default

The "My Forums" is gone?
drube is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 06:37 PM
  #73
mongo
 
mongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midland, TX
Posts: 2,283
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

looks like and feels like a standard v bulletin BS site. might as well be rcg.
mongo is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 06:41 PM
  #74
Sparhawk
 
Sparhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Truro, NS, CANADA
Posts: 565
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thud_Driver View Post
Any way I can hide the list of sub-forums at the top of the RC Jets page??
+3 or is it 4?
Sparhawk is offline  
Old 08-06-2013, 06:47 PM
  #75
4*60
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Shuswap, BC,
Posts: 1,738
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Are some threads locked. Went to reply and indicates I should login. Click on signin and get my info page as if logged in. Go to reply and can't. But in this thread it appears I can post. (Firefox)
Tiny little "unread" icon to click on.
Lots of white space to scroll through. Is that future ad space or just inefficient?(like 10 lines of white space inside the posts!
What kind of migration does not transfer user settings? Just had to re-set my choices re: PM's emails subscribing when posting, etc., etc.
Whoever did the migration should have talked to this retired systems analyst. Or maybe we should talk!!

Last edited by 4*60; 08-06-2013 at 06:55 PM.
4*60 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:38 AM.