Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 01:54 PM
aymodeler
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like vBulletin supports RSS: http://theos.in/internet/howto-add-vbulletin-rss-feed/

This would be a great enhancement to the site!!!
Old 08-16-2013, 01:55 PM
IBxAnders
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aymodeler
It looks like vBulletin supports RSS: http://theos.in/internet/howto-add-vbulletin-rss-feed/

This would be a great enhancement to the site!!!
It does! And it's enabled - to use, please go to main forum listing homepage and observe small "RSS" icon towards the middle of a page. Example: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/exte...2&forumids=235
Old 08-16-2013, 01:58 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Terry Holston

Now change the default Font size to this,
Not this, And I think every one would be happy! Getting used to the blue lines......................Maybe.............

Although when I came here, it didn't Remember where I left off before. It took me to the top of the first page and I had to go to the last page button then scroll to the bottom of the last page to post this.....

See how hard the above sentence is to read..................In the default font?????
Originally Posted by Edwin
How about the option to change our default font size? The small isnt an issue for me yet, but I know someday it will be.
Edwin

This will not be fixed for the forum itself, but if you would like you can always enlarge or reduce font sizes for your own individual browser.

Try this:
To change font settings on Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click View, select Text Size and then click the text size you prefer.

To change font settings on Firefox:
1. Open Firefox.
2. Click View, select Zoom, and then click either Zoom In Ctrl ++ or Zoom Out Ctrl +- to increase or decrease the text size.
Note: To reset the font setting back to its default size, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then tap the number 0.

To change font settings on Chrome:
1. Open Chrome.
2. In the upper right, click the Wrench icon and then click Options.
3. In the left panel, click Under the Hood.
4. In the "Web Content" section, click the Font Size drop-down menu, and select the size you want.
5. Close the Options Tab.
Note: To reset the font setting back to its default size, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then tap the number 0.

To change font settings on Safari:
1. Open Safari.
2. Click View, and then choose either Zoom In or Zoom Out to increase or decrease the font size.

To change font settings on Opera:
1. Open Opera.
2. Click Menu, select Zoom and then choose the desired size from the options given.
Note: To reset the font settings back to its default size, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then tap the number 0.

To change font settings on Netscape:
1. Open Netscape.
2. Click View, select Text Size, and then click the preferred size.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:58 PM
aymodeler
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IBxAnders
It does! And it's enabled - to use, please go to main forum listing homepage and observe small "RSS" icon towards the middle of a page. Example: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/exte...2&forumids=235
Good news! This must have just been turned on recently! I spent a lot of time on this page un-subscribing unwanted forums and re-subscribing desired ones the other day and I sure would have seen these icons then!
Old 08-16-2013, 02:04 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by aeajr
Saving Posts - in this thread

Write my post, hit save, nothing happens. Maybe 1 in 10 times. No response to save button.

Because of past problems I have learned to copy my posts before saving.

I hit refresh and it looks like the post was saved.

Win 7 IE 10

Has this problem reoccur since then?
Old 08-16-2013, 02:11 PM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Can someone tell me how to put the thread replier's hometown and state/country. You don't know if you're talki g to someone from down the street or on the other side of the world.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:43 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

well, if they can limit the stickies to first page of each forum, then for the most part the site seems to be working ok. still not enthused about the look, wondering why the font is so small that even with the abbreviated id info on the right, most posts do not use enough space to use all the left over white space, and the ability to have more than 20 threads per forum thread listing page would be great.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:51 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
Can someone tell me how to put the thread replier's hometown and state/country. You don't know if you're talki g to someone from down the street or on the other side of the world.

You should be able to see member's hometown and state/country on the left side of the page.

Are you unable to see that?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Location.PNG
Views:	56
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1909215  
Old 08-16-2013, 02:56 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by mongo
well, if they can limit the stickies to first page of each forum, then for the most part the site seems to be working ok. still not enthused about the look, wondering why the font is so small that even with the abbreviated id info on the right, most posts do not use enough space to use all the left over white space, and the ability to have more than 20 threads per forum thread listing page would be great.
This will not be fixed for the forum itself, but if you would like you can always enlarge or reduce font sizes for your own individual browser.

your suggestions about the space and threads per forum thread are noted. thank you.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:00 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by aeajr
OK, moving on to the next item I use ... search

I have never liked the "new search". Like google it finds too much irrelevant stuff.

I usually end up going to the "old search" and find what I want. Tried new search today and got ... not what I wanted.

Looking for this discussion

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-r...aturation.html

Keyword used was saturation - not found. got a lot of posts from 2009

Tried to go to old search - ... "Not Found" - old search is not there.

Win 7 and IE 10

Are you still have this issue? Please clarify what you mean by "old search" and "new search"- but regarding your use-case; we immediately found the thread that you were looking for for keyword "saturation", it was 3rd result.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:01 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do U get out of this thread ?????????????????
Old 08-16-2013, 03:15 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by HoundDog
How do U get out of this thread ?????????????????
Please give us more info on what is it that you are having problems with. Are you not able to exit out of this forum? not able to log-out? not able to unsubscribe?
Old 08-16-2013, 04:01 PM
JohnB96041

Well, just as I thought things were working out, I have not received any email from My Forums since yesterday (Aug 15, 2013 at 2:30 pm Oklaoma time CST).
Old 08-16-2013, 04:47 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Annoying bug not serious.

Make a post hit post quick reply

Get a pop up telling me that I will lose my edits if I leave the page.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:51 PM
Mooney_driver

Originally Posted by IBpark
You should be able to see member's hometown and state/country on the left side of the page.

I can see their join date and number of posts but no location.

In the last 7 days I have 8 emails listing the threads I am subscribed too. I should get 300 per day! When will that be fixed so that I again get email notification to ALL of the threads that I am subscribed to that had activity...like I got before you fixed things?
Old 08-16-2013, 08:50 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

same here, join date, number of post, no location data, even on my own posts.
win 7 pro
seamonkey 2.20
Old 08-16-2013, 10:20 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you go to a members profile and what to send him an PM you click on the litttle PM icon and it takes you to your home page where you have to search for hte guys name. can u fix it so it is like it was. just click it and goes to email him right away
Old 08-17-2013, 02:18 AM
ahamay

Hi, here is some information that might help the admins fix the new post notification issues. When I get one of thee emails the link in it looks like this -> http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...-new-post.html

All of the vbulletin forums I get these notifications always have &goto=newpost at the end of this line, why is this one any different.Now the main issue which does not look right to me is when I click this link i'm taken to the forum.

The thread starts to load then the screen refreshes and then just when the thread has nearly loaded it seems to refresh again. There's something weird going on here. So I used the developer tools in chrome to capture the pages to see what the heck it's doing.

The two screenshots attached are when I first load the link from the url and when thepage is refreshing later on.Now the weird thing is it seems to try and goto page 29 (there are only 20 pages), it the refreshes and loads page 20 which is correct... cool. But no it refreshes again and then loads page 18.Hopefully the admins can make sense of this, as this doesn't seem right to me and could ecplain why people are getting random pages rather than being loaded to their last unread posts page.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bugs1.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	1909507   Click image for larger version

Name:	bugs2.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	1909508  

Last edited by ahamay; 08-17-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:32 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IBpark

Nope, can't see any locations at all. I'm sure I have something turned off but have no clue where to look to find it. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:10 AM
aeajr

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

FWIW, when I get notices from this thread and click on the link I still go to page 3 for some reason. Clicking "last" takes me to the right page, but the expectation is that clicking the link takes me to the post of which I was notified.

I will note that on some forums the link takes me to the last post I read the last time I was in that thread. I don't care for that but that but it is the way it works on some of the other forums. When I click a link in a notice of a post, I want to be taken to that post.

Win 7 IE 10 Windows Livemail
Old 08-17-2013, 04:34 AM
LDHFlyguy

Default How to Stop Email Unwanted Notifications?

Starting a couple weeks ago I have been getting emails like "Dear LDHFlyguy, You are subscribed to the forum ----------------------------------------, there have been ___ new thread(s) and ___ updated thread(s). They say I'm subscribed to a variety of forums that I've never been subscribed to. In fact I'm only subscribed to 1 forum. How do I stop the notifications? I've looked around the site for a link/button/menu to do this.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:44 AM
aeajr

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LDHFlyguy
Starting a couple weeks ago I have been getting emails like "Dear LDHFlyguy, You are subscribed to the forum ----------------------------------------, there have been ___ new thread(s) and ___ updated thread(s). They say I'm subscribed to a variety of forums that I've never been subscribed to. In fact I'm only subscribed to 1 forum. How do I stop the notifications? I've looked around the site for a link/button/menu to do this.
I can't fix the this issue but I may be able to offer a work around. I too am getting these. On the bottom of that e-mail is a link to unsubscribe to that forum. I have been clicking that link and it seems to be working.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:20 AM
BadSplice

Are you guys going to do anything about the apperance of the site?

The control bars at the top of forum pages take up too much space and are redundant....

The dark blue dividing bars look terrible and no one wants them, please make them go away.

All the blocky boxes around the user info at the left of post looks like a filled in form, terrible and tacky.

You guys had a good looking site before, for what insane reason did you decide to do THIS to it ?!?
Old 08-17-2013, 05:21 AM
BadSplice

Also the Click on - Click off picture interface that you had before was VASTLY better, can we please have that back?
Old 08-17-2013, 06:13 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's another bug ...

Suddenly, (with this new software) everyone seems to be listed as a BASIC MEMBER.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.