Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 03:36 AM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Since the change, my account is locked and I have not been able log in for over a week, so today I am fooling around and noticed that I am logged in without logging in and able to post in threads again. Can the admin guys please unlock my account so things go back to normal?

Thanks in advance,

Bob
Old 08-20-2013, 04:33 AM
Oregon Craig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is the mobile APP?
Old 08-20-2013, 05:24 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Any News or Estimate when the New Posts for My Forums Only function will be available?
Old 08-20-2013, 05:54 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see this as a problem too ...
Some people have long screen names that run into the post. The name does not fit inside the area on the left ... it runs into the post.

Here's one example. I saw another where the member is using his email address as his screen name. That screen name runs way into the post.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4565123.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1910651  
Old 08-20-2013, 05:55 AM
Malcolm H

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Using IE 10

Logged out, navigated away from RCU homepage, deleted all cookies and history, flushed DNS cache returned to homepage still showing logged in.

Have to click "My Forums" at least twice to get them to display else get full forum list.

PIA!

Malcolm
Old 08-20-2013, 05:57 AM
Airplanes400

Also, when I look at my recent posts on my profile page, I only see posts I made that are BEFORE the vbulliten change.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:04 AM
Airplanes400

Originally Posted by IBpark
You're right. You shouldn't have to clear your cookies and cache every single time.

Sometimes, cookies and cache don't get cleared out correctly.

Have you followed this direction to clear them out?
How to clear browser cache and history....

How do I clear my web browser's cache, cookies, and history? - Knowledge Base

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About cache, cookies, and history

Each time you access a file through your web browser, the browser caches (i.e., stores) it. By doing this, the browser doesn't have to newly retrieve files (including any images) from the remote web site each time you click Back or Forward. You should periodically clear the cache to allow your browser to function more efficiently.
A cookie is a file created by a web browser, at the request of a web site, that is then stored on a computer. These files typically store user-specific information such as selections in a form, shopping cart contents, or authentication data. Browsers will normally clear cookies that reach a certain age, but clearing them manually may solve problems with web sites or your browser.
A browser's history is a log of sites that you visit. When you press a browser's Back button, you are moving back one entry in the history log. Browsers will normally clear the history at regular intervals, but you may want to clear it manually for privacy.
Android

1. Start your browser.
  2. Tap Menu, and then tap More.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Under "Privacy settings", select Clear cache, Clear history, or Clear all cookie data as appropriate, and then tap OK to accept (or Cancel to cancel) the deletion.

Chrome

1. In the browser bar, enter: chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
  2. Select the items you want to clear (e.g., Clear browsing history, Clear download history, Empty the cache, Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data).From the Obliterate the following items from: drop-down menu, you can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information. To clear your entire cache, select the beginning of time.
  3. Click Clear browsing data.

Firefox

1. From the Tools or History menu, select Clear Recent History.If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.
  2. From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
  3. Click the down arrow next to "Details" to choose which elements of the history to clear. Click Clear Now.

Internet Explorer 7

1. From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Delete Browsing History... .
  2. To delete your cache, click Delete files... .To delete your cookies, click Delete cookies... .
    To delete your history, click Delete history... .
  3. Click Close, and then click OK to exit.

Internet Explorer 9 and 8

1. Click Tools, and select Delete Browsing History... .
  2. Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History.
  3. Click Delete.

Mobile Safari for iPhone OS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)

To clear cache and cookies:

1. From the home screen, tap Settings, and then tap Safari.
  2. At the bottom of Safari's settings screen, tap Clear cookies and data, or Clear Cookies and Clear Cache. Confirm when prompted.

To clear history:

1. From the home screen, tap Safari.
  2. At the bottom of the screen, tap the Bookmarks icon.
  3. In the lower left, tap Clear.
  4. Tap Clear History.

Opera

1. From the Opera menu, select Settings, and then Delete Private Data... .
  2. In the dialog box that opens, select the items you want to clear, and then click Delete.

Safari

1. From the Safari menu, select Reset Safari... .
  2. From the menu, select the items you want to reset, and then click Reset. As of Safari 5.1, Remove all website data covers both cookies and cache.

Be sure you are clearing ALL RCU cookies -- your individual browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) will vary on how to do this.

There are still log in/out issues that we are working on, so if this reoccurs even after you clear out your cookies/cache, please don't be alarmed. We are trying our best to fix it. Thank you for your patience!
This is way too much for people to have to go through because of an "upgrade"
What a disaster!!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:08 AM
kwblake

Hey folks. So far, so good. Still like the new look. Wish there weren't so many unhappy people. Any way, one small thing I would like to see in the future, ( when the big problems are fixed ) is a small box, we could check off, and "mark as read" in My Forums, and relating to "Subscribed Threads with new posts". When we get emails, telling us about new posts, and use the link to go to that post, we still have to go to the last post through My Forums, to get rid of the notification in My Forums. I sure hope this makes sense to you.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:55 AM
bnrusso

Please help,
I am receiving emails almost daily from RCU that say I am subscribed to a thread and there is new activity.
I am not subscribed and when I click on the link that says click here to unsubscribe I get a message that says "An invalid threadid or forumid was specified."

details:
You are subscribed to the forum Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service, there have been 1 new thread(s) and 1 updated thread(s).
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hite...er-service-53/
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this forum, please visit this page:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&type=forum&subscriptionid=..................... (removed unless requested via email)
Old 08-20-2013, 08:01 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The forums will not load on my iPhone 4S. The home page (rcuniverse.com) will load as well as the Market Place, but as soon as I try to go to a discussion forum, I get the message "Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred."
Old 08-20-2013, 08:33 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

When trying to edit a post I've written to add or change the text when I click on "Save" there is no update and no indication that the save has taken effect. Even clicking on "Advanced" has no effect in that I see no sign that there's any updating to move to the advanced editor.

Windows 7 running IE10
Old 08-20-2013, 09:25 AM
JohnB96041

Here goes again. Really complaining about this. Got an email with the following link. Clicked on the link and it took me to page 24. Been doing this for several days now. Can't it be fixed where links in email goes to the post that was created? Here is the link:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...-new-post.html
Old 08-20-2013, 09:25 AM
JohnB96041

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forum-questions-problems-239/11584402-report-bugs-new-vbulletin-forum-here-new-post.html
Old 08-20-2013, 10:27 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So when is the forum gallery going to be in thumbnails instead if seek and find?
Old 08-20-2013, 11:06 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnB96041
Here goes again. Really complaining about this. Got an email with the following link. Clicked on the link and it took me to page 24. Been doing this for several days now. Can't it be fixed where links in email goes to the post that was created? Here is the link:
this is odd indeed... I have not been able to duplicate this issue... anytime I click on the link you posted I get the last page,
if I copy and paste the link you posted in thread 876 I get the page, BUT if I CLICK on your link in post 876 I get gobbiliy gook in the URL (A highly technical term )
with a resulting page not found error.

Curious... does the link in your email end in something like 'new-vbulletin-forum-here-24.html' ?
this would indicate page 24 of this thread.... which I think is why that link will always take you to page 24.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:23 AM
JohnB96041

Nope. It ends with: new-vbulletin-forum-here-new-post.html
Old 08-20-2013, 11:35 AM
JohnB96041

Somewhere the words "new-post.html" do not correlate to the last page of the thread. All of my email links, regardless of the forum, end the same way. No page number is referenced. I have copied the link to wordpad, changed the "new-post.html" to "36.html" and then the link takes me to page 36.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:55 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bnrusso
Please help,
I am receiving emails almost daily from RCU that say I am subscribed to a thread and there is new activity.
I am not subscribed and when I click on the link that says click here to unsubscribe I get a message that says "An invalid threadid or forumid was specified."

details:
You are subscribed to the forum Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service, there have been 1 new thread(s) and 1 updated thread(s).
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hite...er-service-53/
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this forum, please visit this page:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&type=forum&subscriptionid=..................... (removed unless requested via email)
Hi! see if this helps, JUST TO CONFIRM if you're subscribed to that forum or not, then we can work out why you're still getting emails.
(I've been told there may still be an issue / problem with email notifications as of today)

go to this forum link: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/radi...ct-support-52/
and see if there is a GREEN Checkmark icon next to the Hitec /Multiplex radios forum
(the attached screen shot shows the Icon, not the hitec forum)

if there is a green checkmark there then you're subscribed to that forum. (and will get emails IF you're set up for that)
if there isn't one then we have a bona-fide issue that I can report and hopefully get fixed,
Thanks, please let me know if you're seeing that checkmark or not.

EDIT: I've left my original text unedited above for anyone who's already read this.
I listed the Icons completely BACKWARDS, (it's obvious if you mouse over them) the green checkmark indicates you are NOT subscribed (and if you click on it it'll allow you to subscribe) if the icon shows as a black 'Minus Sign' then you ARE subscribed.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MyForumsA.png
Views:	49
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	1910742  

Last edited by AMA 74894; 08-20-2013 at 12:30 PM. Reason: got my information backwards
Old 08-20-2013, 11:56 AM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by AMA 74894
this is odd indeed... I have not been able to duplicate this issue... anytime I click on the link you posted I get the last page,
if I copy and paste the link you posted in thread 876 I get the page, BUT if I CLICK on your link in post 876 I get gobbiliy gook in the URL (A highly technical term )
with a resulting page not found error.

Curious... does the link in your email end in something like 'new-vbulletin-forum-here-24.html' ?
this would indicate page 24 of this thread.... which I think is why that link will always take you to page 24.
Good, the location seems to be fixed. Now fix clicking links from email notifications that takes me to the wrong page.
First time I clicked the link it took me to page 24, clicked the link a second time and it took me to page 35, or the last post.
Somewhere the words "new-post.html" do not correlate to the last page of the thread. All of my email links, regardless of the forum, end the same way. No page number is referenced. I have copied the link to wordpad, changed the "new-post.html" to "36.html" and then the link takes me to page 36.

We are currently looking into this Issue. Thank you for your patience!
Old 08-20-2013, 12:02 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Airplanes400
Thanks, but I don't have that option. I used to be a Platinum Member.
Here's a screenshot from my profile settings.
Some people have long screen names that run into the post. The name does not fit inside the area on the left ... it runs into the post.

Here's one example. I saw another where the member is using his email address as his screen name. That screen name runs way into the post.
I have reported these two to our Tech team. Thank you for letting us know.

This is way too much for people to have to go through because of an "upgrade"
What a disaster!!
you shouldn't have to clear your cookies now. As long as you sign off and on RCU, it should clear cookies on his own.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:05 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Terry Holston
Use the Italics mode button, Or underline it it will stand out
Font size for POSTS / PM(s) / OTHER increased from 13 pixels to 14pixels. If you wish to have anything bigger, please feel free to modify it on your own browser. Thank you!
Old 08-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Airplanes400

Just got this today ... another damned email notification to a thread I'm NOT subscribed to !!!

Dear Airplanes400,

Terry Holston has just replied to a thread you have
subscribed to entitled - 1/4 scale F9F Panther build - in the RC Jets forum of
RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes,
rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and
more.

This thread is located
at:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-new-post.html

Here
is the message that has just been posted:
*You guys quit
working on these since Joe got his flying?????

John??????????????

Sysiek???????????????

Inquiring Minds
wanna Know.............*

There may also be other
replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the
forum again.

All the best,
RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums
for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric
helis, rc electric planes and more
Old 08-20-2013, 01:01 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by George
The forums will not load on my iPhone 4S. The home page (rcuniverse.com) will load as well as the Market Place, but as soon as I try to go to a discussion forum, I get the message "Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred."
Please try to logout from the main site on your phone and it should clear out the cookie. If that does not work, please try to erase cookies/cache and then try again.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:46 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by sensei
Since the change, my account is locked and I have not been able log in for over a week, so today I am fooling around and noticed that I am logged in without logging in and able to post in threads again. Can the admin guys please unlock my account so things go back to normal?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

You account shows that it is normal and nothing is locked. Please let us know if this problems occurs again, but if you are able to post in threads, you are not locked out of your account.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:53 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Tech team has reported back stating that "this is a bit of a long-tail use-case and we don't have a good proposed solution outside of decreasing size of everyone's username. If a user has a non-breaking long username that exceeds characters for the allotted space, we let it run across the border rather than re-adjusting the display properties for everyone else viewing that thread. IE. This is handled as gracefully as it can."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.