Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1602

Administrator
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
    I used to be able to bring up an "album" consisting of all photos posted to a string. Sounds trivial, but if you're trying to find a pic in a thread with several hundred pages that tool was pretty handy?

Is it here and I'm missing it, or is it on the 'to do' list still?
    Thanks, -Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Joespeeder View Post
    Hey Guys,

How do you view a photo gallery of the thread you are reading ? Trying to find a photo or flip through a long thread by advancing through the pics was a very valuable tool. Not being able to do that makes the threads a lot less usable to me as a resource.

Also, the forum hangs up and waits to load very slowly on every page I select. I genearly have to reload each page several times before it redraws. I'm using Firefox and have several tabs open concurrently. It's gotten so I'll switch tabs and check other things I have going while I wait for RCU to redraw.

Any other web site I have open redraws instantly.

Joe
    Thank you for reporting. We will check with our tech team and will let you know how to get this to work properly as soon as possible!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnB96041 View Post
    Just received 2 emails with RCU links. Here is the result when I click the link:
    JohnB96041, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Please explain. This has never happened before. Is there something wrong with my account?
    Can you post the links?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    John
    AMA 615755

Quote Originally Posted by Thud_Driver View Post
    I agree with the too much wasted space at the top of the page. You may not like the RC Groups reference but theirs is a lot cleaner at the top and at least I can see the first 10 or so threads in the forum whereas here I have to scroll down on every page which is getting really annoying.
    So here's a couple of screenshots from my 1920x1080 HD monitor (no not 1024x768 resolution)... what's wrong with this hmmmm.... Can we please have some changes made to the screen layout ? It's frustrating and annoying. This is far from a replication of the old forums... it's just downright horrid... surely others agree ?

Also why do we need the extra rcu menu on the right hand side of the page at the top. It's taking up a whole section as the adverts don't even line up to use the space on the page correctly. I'm now using addblock, at least I can actually see some of the forum on the page when I open it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rcu.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	363.9 KB 
ID:	1918505

Name:	rcu1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	382.4 KB 
ID:	1918506
    Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Those threads were found to be in violation by the mod team, and have been moved to a mods-only containment forum. That's why you're getting the authorization message.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Here you go .... another error.

Name:	RCU Error.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	1918590
    Last edited by Airplanes400; 09-09-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    We in the Federal Government have no sense of humor that we are aware of.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I moved after I joined RC Universe. I changed my home town location in my profile but every time I post something my old location still shows up in the info box to the left of the posting. What must be done to have my correct current location appear when I post something?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The links in the emails used to take you to the newest message, usually the one shown in the email. That was working even after the new software was installed. Now, on some threads, it takes you back to the first post after the new system was installed. Yes, I did purge my cache and the problem is still there.
    RC_Fanatic -- Club Saito member #807

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Same thing happening to me today. Yesterday all email links took me to the last post, now today it takes me to page 50 rather than page 51.
    John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    We continue to work on the email links issue. We know this is a big one, and it's a top priority for us to iron this out. Thank you for hanging in there!

Paul

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I don't seem to be able to send PM's. I am logged in, i can post, but get no response and they do not show up in my "sent" list.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by husafreak View Post
    I don't seem to be able to send PM's. I am logged in, i can post, but get no response and they do not show up in my "sent" list.
    Go to SETTINGS, GENERAL SETTINGS, Sent Private Messages, set your profile to "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" and click SAVE.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Just found a popup ad! It spanned the page from top to bottom!
    I thought we were never supposed to see popups here! I shrunk it, clicking the X, but it looks like it could be reopened (arrow).

Name:	Popup.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	1919055
    The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him GKChesterton

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    This is crazy I am still been taken to page 26 of this thread everytime and similar with others, there has to be a default command to take people to last unread post
    www.letterkennymodelflyingclub.com
    www.jmaireland.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Here's a bug ...
    These types of words would have been blocked with the old version. I guess the filters for these words have not been incorporated into the new version...

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	1919172
    We in the Federal Government have no sense of humor that we are aware of.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Received the email below, but the post it refers to does not exist!

"Dear RC_Fanatic,

P47flyer has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Welcome to Club SAITO ! - in the Glow Engines forum of RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and more.

This thread is located at:
    Welcome to Club SAITO !

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    Anyone have any problems kicking pushrods in 235R5 ? Turning 6700rpm static with a 20/10 Xoar. It has only happened once but I don't want to push my luck.

Dave H

Saito 325R 5
    Saito 450 R 3 x2
    Saito 52 x2
    Saito 90 x2
    ***************"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Airplanes400 View Post
    Here's a bug ...
    These types of words would have been blocked with the old version. I guess the filters for these words have not been incorporated into the new version...

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	1919172

I have been working with IB to get the language filters put back in place.

Ken
    The take off is optional, but the landing is MANDATORY!!
    RCU Forum Manager
    www.gettingairborne.com
    RCKen Publications
    Brotherhood's
    Ultra Sport Brother #1
    Sig Brotherhood #4
    Balsa USA #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    When is the attachments link for a thread going to be photos instead of links to each photo?????
    Robert
    Cub Brotherhood #3\\ Ryan STA Brotherhood #4
    Corsair Brotherhood #56\\ Waco Brotherhood #184

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by RC_Fanatic View Post
    Received the email below, but the post it refers to does not exist!

"Dear RC_Fanatic,

P47flyer has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Welcome to Club SAITO ! - in the Glow Engines forum of RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and more.

This thread is located at:
    Welcome to Club SAITO !

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    Anyone have any problems kicking pushrods in 235R5 ? Turning 6700rpm static with a 20/10 Xoar. It has only happened once but I don't want to push my luck.

Dave H

Saito 325R 5
    Saito 450 R 3 x2
    Saito 52 x2
    Saito 90 x2
    ***************"
    Perhaps it was deleted.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
    Perhaps it was deleted.
    Possible, but it would be nice to have a placeholder that says a post was deleted. Post looks like a valid question.

Would be nice to have Tapatalk enabled... especially for those of us that use mobile and tablet devices given the outstanding issues with the email notifications taking you to the wrong pages. This is more so frustrating when we are using a mobile or tablet than using a full pc as extra navigation is required to get to the last post.

What's the latest update on the new post notifications issue ?

In the old forum you had the option to receive a new post notification after every post in a thread that you had subscribed to. This didn't use cookies. Can this forum do that as a workaround until it's resolved ?
    Tarot 500 FBL ZYX-S, Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX , Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL ZYX-S , MCPx V2, Nano CPx, Q450 Quad (APM 2.5), AXN Floater Jet, Tek Sumo Flying Wing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    When is the attachments link for a thread going to be photos instead of links to each photo?????
    Robert
    Cub Brotherhood #3\\ Ryan STA Brotherhood #4
    Corsair Brotherhood #56\\ Waco Brotherhood #184

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by dasintex View Post
    When you have your Forums up and showing and you just want to display New Posts in your Forums, you hit the New Post Button and it displays all the New Posts for all and every Forums & Threads that have new Posts, I only want to see New Posts in the Forums I have subscrbed to.
    This is the one that's bugging me, new posts in my forums shows every post from every forum.
    Brian
    Namba District 16

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Here's something that bothered me with the old setup, and this (of all things!) carried over to the new.

Absolutely nowhere in my preferences or selection of forums have I indicated any interest whatsoever in RC cars or RC helicopters.

Guess what the overwhelming majority of ads I see are? Yup. RC cars and RC helicopters. Not a problem for me, I just don't look.

I wonder if your advertisers are aware.

Best wishes,
    Dave Olson
    The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him GKChesterton

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
    Having problems saving posts or edits

I had this problem on RCU before the upgrades. Have not had this on other forums so it is not browser based.

I started a thread this morning. Posted it.

Then edited the first post but when I clicked save ... nothing happened. I waited 20 seconds and clicked save again. Nothing.

I refreshed and all of my edits were gone. Fortunately I have gotten into the habit, only on RCU, to copy my posts before I hit save as this was a characteristic of RCU before the new software.

I also had this happen yesterday with a new post into an existing thread, twice.

Please see what you can do to address this. Most annoying and if I had not copied my post it would be lost. And some of my posts take as much as 15 minutes to research and to write so losing them really upsets me.

Win 7, IE 10.
    The above was posted 8/31. The problem continues.

I see it mostly in edits of posts. The save button just stops working and nothing updates on the screen.

Sometimes, if I refresh the screen my post or my edits are there. Sometimes they are not.
    Long Island Silent Flyers
    www.lisf.org
    Eastern Soaring League
    www.flyesl.com

Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast