Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Old 08-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Sparhawk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the main forum page, I think you have a straggler sub-forum. Right between cars and airplanes, there is a OMP section (Ohio Model Products Vendor Forum) that looks very lost...

Dan
Old 08-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts
Question Avatar gone

Are all avatar gone for good?
Old 08-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtim
I tried to include the quote pvogal but it wouldn't load so to answer your question I posted in the thread and it allowed me to edit within my page opening but when I came back to the post to try to load a pic as I had done on numerous times there was no option to edit even though there was a "edited by BigTim" notification on the bottom of the post, there was no option to do additional editing even though it had only been a few min between visits.in the old system I could go back several days if need be to make a correction when required( sometimes I post late at night and when I read through my posts they need editing just to be legible ) considering its a thread I started and have maintained its a little frustrating to not be able to correct mistakes if need be

The edit setting has been changed to the same time limit as before.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:25 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you have your Forums up and showing and you just want to display New Posts in your Forums, you hit the New Post Button and it displays all the New Posts for all and every Forums & Threads that have new Posts, I only want to see New Posts in the Forums I have subscrbed to.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Nathan
Administrator

Originally Posted by drube
The "My Forums" is gone?
When Clicking the yellow My Forums link near the top right of the page, you should first see your subscribed threads. When scrolling down, you should see your subscribed forums.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:33 PM
acerc

Man I miss the old RCU!!!
Old 08-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Nathan
Administrator

Originally Posted by bigtim
ok so now how do I unsubscribe from this thread I go to my email and there is 10 reply emails from RCU pertaining to this subject at this point I think I will just sign out and you guys can debug this place, its just a hot mess right now,this stuff should have been addressed before going live FYI RCU actually worked for most of us, and you really didn't need to change it, not really sure what the point in this whole affair was now it just looks like RC Groups ascetically
Subscription Notification frequency and options can be customized.

Settings > General Settings > Default Thread Subscription Mode

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-08-06 at 11.34.58 PM.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1905686  
Old 08-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Nathan
Administrator

Originally Posted by Thud_Driver
Any way I can hide the list of sub-forums at the top of the RC Jets page??
How does it look now? A little more like it was before, yes?
Old 08-06-2013, 08:01 PM
acerc

Either the pic posting was fixed or I was doing it wrong. I think I may have been doing it wrong. Tried following directions and it worked. I do have another question though. Are the people viewing a thread going to be visible again? I like knowing who is there, especially one of my own threads.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:06 PM
acerc

Never mind the above post. I just found them. They are at the bottom of the page now.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:11 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

[h=2]Message[/h] Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

the above message appears when using the Mark Forums Read button under the Forum Actions button.
and, no, it did not mark any forums read.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:12 PM
FenderBean

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

okay firfox inst working with the website, once signed in you go to the forums and it shows you signed out, so you try and sign in and it takes you to your profile editor. Try and log out get the page is not there error. Can we please put something that doesnt require you to scroll all the way back to the top of the thread to go back to the main forum the thread is please.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Nathan
Administrator

Originally Posted by pvogel
No articles in the Electric Pattern forum? There were quite a few in the old RCU. Thanks for the upgrade to vBulletin! vBulletin supports Tapatalk, can you enable that? Pretty please???
Resolved.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Nathan
Administrator

Originally Posted by mongo
Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

the above message appears when using the Mark Forums Read button under the Forum Actions button.
and, no, it did not mark any forums read.

I can confirm this happens to me as well; I'm sending it over to tech.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:41 PM
ahamay

I understand (being in IT myself) the amount of work involved in an upgrade like this but I would consider this an epic FAIL, to the point you should be restoring the old forum. I get 3 different issues on 3 different browsers all trying to do the same thing. The main problem is how your embedding the new forum into the old rcuniverse header and menu and old control panel. The logins are not working and the browser is not keeping you logged in when you move from page to page.

I've managed to post this by hitting refresh on the page in Chrome about 10 times until it thought I was logged in.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:18 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

when loading a photo it still won't load up a pic over 2mb usually I average .87 mb but when I loaded up 2 photo's today each were 1.87 for a 3.74mb total, there was no problem, but the 2.1mb pic still won't load usually it takes a little longer but still posts not sure if the filters are set to tight to accept the photo's or what.

BTW the edit feature is now working when I can get the sign in to take hold.

when jumping between threads I have been dropped and needed to click back to my home page which then shows I am signed in its a little FUBAR right now hope you guys get it sorted out.

sadly there are 3 years of a photo filled thread that I worked pretty darn hard to put together, that has been reduced to a list of text and jpeg links you know some of us consider our build threads as a labor of love, but there is some labor involved as well its a bit of a bummer looking at all that work reduced to a pile not really sure how to feel about that .

but happy doesn't come to mind
Old 08-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Thud_Driver
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nathan
How does it look now? A little more like it was before, yes?
Better, but still more than I would prefer. The related forums list needs to be sized like the sub-forum list.. Still would prefer option to hide all of it.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:37 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I clicke don mark forums read........ got ...............
Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Old 08-06-2013, 11:01 PM
texchap

Forum keeps logging me off. 1. It took 4 tries to finally log me in. 2. Once logged in I selected one of the threads and it promptly logged me off. I have to reload the page a couple of times and then it works. If I try to log in then there is a cycle, I hit sign in, it takes me to my profile, Then to the RCU home page then when I select the forums it promptly logs me off again and the cycle starts all over. The upgrade looks fine, it just wasn't ready for prime time yet.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:07 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Originally Posted by Nathan
Subscription Notification frequency and options can be customized.

Settings > General Settings > Default Thread Subscription Mode

thats great and all but every time I post in any thread regardless of subject, I am automatically subscribed to it weather or not I want to be, I have deleted at least 5 subscriptions in the last 3 hours this needs correcting, I suppose I need to delete this subscription as soon as I am finished posting here to avoid being bombarded with emails from RCU

so I am editing this post to see if it automatically resigns me up for this thread.
I would imagine that this will be a issue that blows up in the next day or so when people realize there getting blasted with emails after each and every post, its a royal pain having to delete a thread subscription after posting each and every time frankly its blowing up my inbox

so I checked and no secondary subscription occurs when editing posts

Last edited by bigtim; 08-06-2013 at 11:22 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-06-2013, 11:26 PM
w3bby

Windows 7 with Firefox : Security certificate not identified, site is not trusted

www.rcuniverse.com använder ett ogiltigt säkerhetscertifikat.

Certifikatet är inte betrott eftersom certifikatkedjan till utfärdaren saknas.

(Felkod: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

When not logged in I don't need to see a huge field at the top of every page asking if I want to create an account. Only log in when I wish to reply or start a thread.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:10 AM
radial1951

My Bookmarks don't work anymore. I reset Safari, etc as instructed, still get Page Not Found message. My subscribed forums don't list either.
Hmm, the New and Improved Forum software...
Old 08-07-2013, 12:55 AM
Scott Douglas

It wants me to log in every time I visit but when I click on "log in" it takes me to my account page as if I already am. No matter what I do I cannot access "my forums"...it just keeps telling me to log in and lists ALL the available forums.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:28 AM
Altered1

Hi there,

The My Forums link opens to some funky formatting and no new threads being displayed in the forums I am subscribed to.

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RCU myforums display.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1905733  
Old 08-07-2013, 02:00 AM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

This is an upgrade???????
It took 6 attempts to get logged in. Every time I tried to log in it showed I was logged in. But I was unable to post replies, because it said I wasn't logged in. It finally started working on it's own.
The My Forums function does not work at all.
Where did my avatar go?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.