Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Old 08-07-2013, 04:28 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hrrcflyer
Thanks IBpark, I did that and it seemed to have fixed my first two problems, but the enter key still does not work in the Reply box. David
Could you please tell me which browser you are using?
Old 08-07-2013, 04:40 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aymodeler
OK, but it looks like I am seeing ALL forums listed here - did the subscriptions from the old site not come over?
Which "My Forums" link are you using? There are several, and I suspect one of them is linked wrong.

The one at the top left, under FORUMS pulldown (My forums, My Page, Airplanes, Boats... etc) work fine for me. As does the "gold" one at the top right next to the gold icons for cars, planes, electric, etc.

Also, tell us which browser & version you're using?
Old 08-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Terry Holston

Ok, #1 When viewing a thread on RC Jets, I go to a thread on page 2,3 or above. Why does it take me back to the first page when I click on RC Jets? Used to just go to the top of the page I was on. When I click "Top" it goes all the way back to page 1. Then I have to scroll thru all the previous pages again. #2 Enter key will not start a new paragraph. #3 the "Upgrade" thread was close because the MOD wanted all complaints to be here. The reason we were posting in the "upgrade" thread was because when we clicked the "Here" tab at the top, it went back to the register / logon page. #4 there should be a:Forum
RC Universe Support
Forum questions or problems
Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here" at the bottom of each page, also. Not just the top. As I said before, my clicking fingers are getting worn out, and the battery in my poor mouse is running down..................
Old 08-07-2013, 04:45 PM
hrrcflyer

Hey IBpark, I'm using Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 10. Thanks, David
Old 08-07-2013, 04:46 PM
IBpark
Administrator

I'm still a bit confused here. I have not been able to find a way to check status of FORUM notification options. What I am looking for is a way to get an e-mail notification of new threads being posted in a forum I have subscribed to (like the old site - and like the "other" RC forum site ). Also, check my earlier post about the FROM e-mail address being set "[email protected]" which appears to some sort of default and may cause SPAM filter problems.

BTW, thanks for all of the effort you and the other admins have been putting into getting this sorted out. I have enough software experience to know what a gigantic PITA something like this can be!
Once you subscribe to a forum, a box should appear where you can choose your email notification settings for those forums. Are you not seeing that option? Have you already cleared your brower's cookies and cache?

We are looking into the FROM e-mail address issue. Thank you.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got to put in my two cents as well. Being an electrical engineer and developing software for industrial machines, I know how unpopular change can be, especially when there is a lot of debug going on. You guys are doing a bang-up job!

The only issue I am having now is the contrast of the dark blue against the white. This really does a number on my eyes! A lower contrast color such as dark gray would be easier for my tired eyes.

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:04 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

I see that the "RCU Heartbeat" is still listed at the top, but it doesn't seem to be working (for me at least), I hope that is something they are working on. Also, I have to agree that the "Score" was something that helped me know if a poster is a more respected poster, or just a person whom liked to post just to stir up problems.

also, now that I have been typing this post, I noticed that it did a couple of auto saves, and I like that, because I have lost posts in the past from accidentally hitting my laptops touch pad, and then somehow the post would disappear!! I once typed the same post (a long one, I might add) twice, and lost it both times, so I just gave up.. Maybe I can now re-post that same question and get through it, and be able to actually post it..

Craig.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:06 PM
IBobi

where do I go to manage e-mail notifications of new threads started in a forum I have subscribed to? That does not seem to be working. This was my favorite feature of the old RCU since I could just scan my e-mail and see if there were new interesting topics in the forums I subscribed to.
Subscription Notification frequency and options can be customized in your profile.

Settings > General Settings > Default Thread Subscription Mode
Old 08-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm still a bit confused here. I have not been able to find a way to check status of FORUM notification options. What I am looking for is a way to get an e-mail notification of new threads being posted in a forum I have subscribed to (like the old site - and like the "other" RC forum site ). Also, check my earlier post about the FROM e-mail address being set "[email protected]" which appears to some sort of default and may cause SPAM filter problems.

BTW, thanks for all of the effort you and the other admins have been putting into getting this sorted out. I have enough software experience to know what a gigantic PITA something like this can be!

Please see post #77 in this thread---
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...l#post11584818

You can manage your thread subscription emails in your Profile > General Settings

Let us know if you cannot find it.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:18 PM
ahamay

There is still something broken in the way your passing the login information from the old part of the website to the new forum. It seems to randomly log you in and out when you traversing pages and threads, then it will log you out when you goto post a reply. It would be nice if we could just have the forum component on it's own and log directly in with that rather than having the old part of the website as a wrapper to the forum as this is obviously not working.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:22 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by ahamay
There is still something broken in the way your passing the login information from the old part of the website to the new forum. It seems to randomly log you in and out when you traversing pages and threads, then it will log you out when you goto post a reply..
We're still working out some issues obviously.

Have you followed the steps to clear your cookies?

1 : Go to the RCU forum http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum and clear your browser cookies
2 : Go to the RCU home page http://www.rcuniverse.com and clear your browser cookies
3 : (at this point the homepage and forum will NOT show you logged in)
4: Log in on the homepage at http://www.rcuniverse.com
5: Click to go into the forum

Be sure you are clearing ALL RCU cookies -- your individual browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) will vary on how to do this.

If you already did this, please report your browser and version, and then tell us the steps you're taking that result in you being logged out. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:32 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are they working on the subscriptions link?
Old 08-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Nathan
Administrator

Originally Posted by JohnB96041
What happened to the RCU Heartbeat drop? It only shows an advertisement.
We are deploying this fix tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:34 PM
Nathan
Administrator

Originally Posted by acerc
Are they working on the subscriptions link?
Feverishly
Old 08-07-2013, 05:38 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by SeaJay
I see that the "RCU Heartbeat" is still listed at the top, but it doesn't seem to be working (for me at least), I hope that is something they are working on. Also, I have to agree that the "Score" was something that helped me know if a poster is a more respected poster, or just a person whom liked to post just to stir up problems.
Yes, and yes. Working on both!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:41 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nathan
Feverishly
Cool, thank's.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:42 PM
neilrether

I'm not receiving my email notifications I'm subscribed to. Checked the settings on here and all looked good. Also checked my email provider to make sure they weren't blocking them.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:44 PM
George Jure

Hello

After going through ALL the Logout proceedures, I still can`t logout, even though the screen says that I have, I still see myself as logged in.

George
Old 08-07-2013, 05:44 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by George Jure
Hello

After going through ALL the Logout proceedures, I still can`t logout, even though the screen says that I have, I still see myself as logged in.

George
This is a cookie issue.

1 : Go to the RCU forum http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum and clear your browser cookies
2 : Go to the RCU home page http://www.rcuniverse.com and clear your browser cookies
4: Log in on the homepage at http://www.rcuniverse.com

Be sure you are clearing ALL RCU cookies -- your individual browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) will vary on how to do this.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:53 PM
ahamay

Originally Posted by IBobi
We're still working out some issues obviously.
1 : Go to the RCU forum RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and more and clear your browser cookies
2 : Go to the RCU home page RC Universe features rc cars, rc airplanes, rc helicopters, rc electric planes, rc boats, radio control jets, rc discussion forums, rc classifieds and auctions. and clear your browser cookies
4: Log in on the homepage at RC Universe features rc cars, rc airplanes, rc helicopters, rc electric planes, rc boats, radio control jets, rc discussion forums, rc classifieds and auctions.
If you already did this, please report your browser and version, and then tell us the steps you're taking that result in you being logged out. Thanks!
Yes I've done this and I've now managed to get Chrome to stop logging me out. IE and firefox are still not behaving but I use chrome anyways.

I can see from things that your slowly getting stuff working... keep up the good work.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:09 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by ahamay
Yes I've done this and I've now managed to get Chrome to stop logging me out. IE and firefox are still not behaving but I use chrome anyways.

I can see from things that your slowly getting stuff working... keep up the good work.
Great!

Remember that if other browsers are still misbehaving, you must clear cookies in EACH browser you have installed, since they all store them separately.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:09 PM
aymodeler
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nathan
Please see post #77 in this thread---
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...l#post11584818

You can manage your thread subscription emails in your Profile > General Settings

Let us know if you cannot find it.
Thank you for the reply, but you are answering the wrong question. I can find THREAD subscriptions, I am talking about FORUM subscriptions. I am looking for a way to be notified via e-mail when there is a new topic (i.e.; a new thread) posted to one of the forums I am subscribed to in My Forums. That is what I cannot find. That was an extremely useful feature of the old RCU that I cannot seem to fin a way to make work with the new RCU.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:10 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by neilrether
I'm not receiving my email notifications I'm subscribed to. Checked the settings on here and all looked good. Also checked my email provider to make sure they weren't blocking them.
Are you receiving subscriptions to any at all? Ones you had subscribed to before the upgrade? Ones you've subscribed to since?

Have you checked your junk/bulk mail folder?
Old 08-07-2013, 06:14 PM
aymodeler
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
Subscription Notification frequency and options can be customized in your profile.

Settings > General Settings > Default Thread Subscription Mode
Thank you for the reply, but see my reply to Nathan in post 215. I am asking about how to be notified via e-mail when new threads are posted to a FORUM that I am subscribed to (NOT when new posts are made to a thread I am subscribed to). This is currently not working for me, and I am unable to find where to manage these setting.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 158 Likes on 141 Posts

About the login well I don't have too when I click login it show my page as login....then I go back and I'm logout.....if I just select something within the forum I stay login......I don't believe it's from the cookies...I think it's from the top bar which I believe it's from the old software....and it's creating a problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.