Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 06:36 AM
JAS
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures to be viewed by general public?

I haven't had time to really run through all the new stuff with the revamped site, but one thing I noticed right off the bat was that pictures do not show up unless you are signed in anymore. Will this be permanent or will pictures be able to be seen without logging in all the time? I don't always log in and I send family and friends here to follow events and they don't have (or don't want) to sign in. Other than that, the site is looking pretty good with all the changes so far. Thanks

OK, just signed out 3 times and it won't sign me out, even after refreshing the page. What am I doing wrong lol?

Last edited by JAS; 08-08-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:00 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

O.k I click on the manage my subcriptions tab and get a a page not found error. Also I tried to remove myself from this subsription( which I did not subscribe to) and lost all my 18 subcriptions. Thanks alot. Now, care to tell me how to manage my subscriptions?
Old 08-08-2013, 07:40 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by VincentJ
I still haven't gotten a response back as to why I can't post photos...Keeps saying file is too large. Same photos I regularly posted before the upgrade. I would appreciate a response to this inquiry.
Vincent,
Please email me an image that you are trying to upload so that I can do a test with it to try and see what problems you are having. [email protected]

Ken
Old 08-08-2013, 07:49 AM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by rotarydoc
Having an issue when replying, using Windows 8/Internet Exporer 10.....after typing a sentence, and hitting enter, it will not go to the next line, rather, just no response to the enter key, therefore, all my text runs together in one huge paragraph, since I cannot start new sentences...
We have reported this problem. Thank you for your patience.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:54 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

In both the Quick Reply and Advanced reply editor my Enter key doesn't do anything. This is making it hard to form paragraphs. Operating system is Windows 7 and browser is IE10. In other forums and local programs the Enter key is working fine. It's only at RCU that I'm getting this issue.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:55 AM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by j.duncker
Buttons at top right now working for me.

Mods forum is now accessible and I can see tickets.

THINGS ARE GETTING BETTER!
Could you please clarify which browser you are using? Also, provide us with more detailed information on which buttons you are pointing to.

Thank you for your patience!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:56 AM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by BMatthews
In both the Quick Reply and Advanced reply editor my Enter key doesn't do anything. This is making it hard to form paragraphs. Operating system is Windows 7 and browser is IE10. In other forums and local programs the Enter key is working fine. It's only at RCU that I'm getting this issue.
We have reported this problem. Thank you for your patience.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

I changed my settings so I have NO subscribed threads.
Since that change, I have received two e-mail notifications telling me of additions to the thread that I am not subscribed to!!!
You guys need to get your act together.
Don't send me any more e-mails.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:24 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

New format keeps signing me out, constantly. Very annoying. Using IE8. Cleared chache, still doing it. Sometimes it logs me off when I switch forums. When I hit sign in, it takes me to my profile editing page without having to enter my logon info. Very weird.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:42 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IBobi
Be sure to report upgrade issues in the proper thread or they may not get seen and revolved:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...orum-here.html

Thank you!
How do I unsubscribe from a thread?
Old 08-08-2013, 08:43 AM
tunakuts3d

when I get an e mail notification for a thread I subscribed to and click on the link provided it takes me to the top of the current page rather than the last post, which is what I asked to be notified about. I already have read the previous posts and do not want to scroll thru the entire page to see the latest most current post.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:51 AM
MTK

Originally Posted by MTK
Are there plans to re-establish the many threads that somehow got lost in the long running forums (such as Gas Engines)?
Old 08-08-2013, 08:56 AM
exocet-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

When I select the Airplanes forum, I am taken to the top of the Forums selection, not to Airplanes. I have cleaned my cache and cookies.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:05 AM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Hellapilot
If I click on a menu (or hover over actually) such as COMMUNITY then hover down to an item that has a sub menu, for example RC university and to the right a pop-up menu shows the different parts of RC university-planes, cars, etc, when I move my mouse to the right, all the menus disappear. Only if I move EXTREMELY fast from RC university to the section of that I want to see, will it stay long enough to click on. Also, I am 100% sure no one will understand or reply to this, so have a nice day.
Could you please clarify which browser you are currently using?

We take every post seriously and we are trying our best to reply with best solutions possible. Please keep on posting if you see any other problems.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:15 AM
carrellh

This may already be on the list. I attempted to read all pages but it is difficult to tell what all of the issues are.
I deleted all cookies, cache files, etc. Logged in and tried to use the "Manage Forums" function from the top bar.
Work computer: Win7 Pro, 64 bit. Internet Explorer 8, 32 bit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rcumanageforum.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	1906241  
Old 08-08-2013, 10:45 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sign in problem

Adding my experience with Sign In

Received an e-mail of a post - clicked the link and it took me to the thread and post. Cool
Tried to post a reply - no good, not signed in. OK
Click top link yellow sign in button - automatically takes me to my profile and welcomes me back. I did not enter UN or PW
OK, so I am signed in
Now I go back to the e-mail, click the link again - takes me to the thread but does not let me post - have to sign in.

Clicked yellow sign in link at top - took me to my profile again - welcome Ed - no UN or PW entered
navigated to the thread and had no problem posting.

Win 7 IE 10
Old 08-08-2013, 10:50 AM
IBobi

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aeajr
Sign in problem

Adding my experience with Sign In

Received an e-mail of a post - clicked the link and it took me to the thread and post. Cool
Tried to post a reply - no good, not signed in. OK
Click top link yellow sign in button - automatically takes me to my profile and welcomes me back. I did not enter UN or PW
OK, so I am signed in
Now I go back to the e-mail, click the link again - takes me to the thread but does not let me post - have to sign in.

Clicked yellow sign in link at top - took me to my profile again - welcome Ed - no UN or PW entered
navigated to the thread and had no problem posting.

Win 7 IE 10
Sorry about this! We are still trying to resolve the login issues.

For now, even if it shows you as logged in, if you are having intermittent issues we recommend doing the cookie-clearing dance:

1 : Go to the RCU forum http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum and clear your browser cookies
2 : Go to the RCU home page http://www.rcuniverse.com and clear your browser cookies
3 : (at this point the homepage and forum will NOT show you logged in)
4: Log in on the homepage at http://www.rcuniverse.com
5: Click to go into the forum
Old 08-08-2013, 10:51 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by carrellh
This may already be on the list. I attempted to read all pages but it is difficult to tell what all of the issues are.
I deleted all cookies, cache files, etc. Logged in and tried to use the "Manage Forums" function from the top bar.
Work computer: Win7 Pro, 64 bit. Internet Explorer 8, 32 bit.
I'm seeing that too. I will get tech to look at it.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:41 AM
MTK

Originally Posted by MTK
Are there plans to re-establish the many threads that somehow got lost in the long running forums (such as Gas Engines)?
Interesting....when I first get to the RCU website, I'm logged on. Once I go to any Forum, I'm automatically logged out and have to log on again so that I can post.....Why is that??
Old 08-08-2013, 11:51 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by MTK
Go into the thread you want to unsub from, click THREAD TOOLS, UNSUBSCRIBE
Old 08-08-2013, 11:53 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by MTK
Do you have a link to a forum that appears to have missing threads? We are not showing any threads that did not get migrated to the new forum.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:54 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by MTK
Interesting....when I first get to the RCU website, I'm logged on. Once I go to any Forum, I'm automatically logged out and have to log on again so that I can post.....Why is that??
Use the cookie-clearing method to get your login to work:

1 : Go to the RCU forum http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum and clear your browser cookies
2 : Go to the RCU home page http://www.rcuniverse.com and clear your browser cookies
3 : (at this point the homepage and forum will NOT show you logged in)
4: Log in on the homepage at http://www.rcuniverse.com
5: Click to go into the forum

Be sure you are clearing ALL RCU cookies -- your individual browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) will vary on how to do this.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:00 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by daveopam
The quick navigation button is not functioning correctly. For example on the old site if I was half way down the list of forums and I clicked to jump to another forum, it would start off with where I was currently at. The new quick jump takes me to the top of the list of forums no matter what I was just looking at.
Also I notice most of us are basic members and most don't have an avitar.

David
This is one of the few areas where we cannot replicate the functionality of the old forum.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:29 PM
SnApRoLl-

Default ATTN: Moderators, Why are images not loading?

First, So far I'm not too happy with the "New" RCU site. Second, why do images now show up as links instead of auto loading?
It's a pain the @## to have to click on each link to view an image!!! Please fix!!

Thanks
Old 08-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Jetflyer3000
Banned

Originally Posted by Cub Flyer Fresno
I've got to put in my two cents as well. Being an electrical engineer and developing software for industrial machines, I know how unpopular change can be, especially when there is a lot of debug going on. You guys are doing a bang-up job!

The only issue I am having now is the contrast of the dark blue against the white. This really does a number on my eyes! A lower contrast color such as dark gray would be easier for my tired eyes.

Thanks!
I agree with this point also the text seems very small for older peoples eyes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.