Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 04:18 PM
pvogel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Harley Condra
I DID NOT subscribe to this thread!
Why was I subscribed?
You guys better get these bugs worked out pretty soon. If I have to go through a long and tedious procedure to log in every time I visit RCU, why should I waste my time?
I am sure that I am not the only person getting fed up.

It's NOT a bug. Go to the top of the page where your avatar (or placeholder) is shown. Click the "Settings" word, then on the left, click "General Settings" and go to the "default thread subscription mode" and set it to "Do not subscribe" or any other setting that makes sense for you. The forum's default is to subscribe you to a thread when you reply to a thread (which is a reasonable assumption). After you set that default setting, you will STILL need to UNsubscribe from any threads you don't want to be subscribed to. You can do that from the "Thread Tools" menu at the top of the thread OR you can do it from your Subscriptions page (again, next to your Avatar at the top of the page, click "Subscriptions".

Peter+
Old 08-08-2013, 04:20 PM
pvogel

Originally Posted by acerc
I have turned off every notification I can find. And I am still getting emails of new post. Am I missing something or is it just another glitch to be fixed?
Go to the top of the page where your avatar (or placeholder) is shown. Click the "Settings" word, then on the left, click "General Settings" and go to the "default thread subscription mode" and set it to "Do not subscribe" or any other setting that makes sense for you. The forum's default is to subscribe you to a thread when you reply to a thread (which is a reasonable assumption). After you set that default setting, you will STILL need to UNsubscribe from any threads you don't want to be subscribed to. You can do that from the "Thread Tools" menu at the top of the thread OR you can do it from your Subscriptions page (again, next to your Avatar at the top of the page, click "Subscriptions".

For folks who don't know -- vBulletin is one of the most robust and complete forum packages out there, last I checked vBulletin was the back end of well over 1,000,000 internet forums (and, no, I don't work for vBulletin, I was just involved in a forum software evaluation several years ago). vBulletin is an obvious choice and a good one, but like all change, it takes a little while for everyone to get used to the fact that some things moved around. It's like getting into a new car and trying to find the hazard light button...

Peter+
Old 08-08-2013, 04:23 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have turned off every notification I can find. And I am still getting emails of new post. Am I missing something or is it just another glitch to be fixed?
Try this:

Open your list of subscriptions http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/subscription.php
For each thread/forum you no longer wish to receive email notifications from, click the checkbox at the right
Click on the SELECTED THREADS box at the bottom and click THROUGH MY CONTROL PANEL ONLY and click GO.

You will no longer receive emails when those threads/forums have a new post.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:24 PM
IBobi

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pvogel
For folks who don't know -- vBulletin is one of the most robust and complete forum packages out there, last I checked vBulletin was the back end of well over 1,000,000 internet forums (and, no, I don't work for vBulletin, I was just involved in a forum software evaluation several years ago). vBulletin is an obvious choice and a good one, but like all change, it takes a little while for everyone to get used to the fact that some things moved around. It's like getting into a new car and trying to find the hazard light button...

Peter+
Old 08-08-2013, 04:28 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Peter, did that!
IBObi, when I click on the subscription tap I get the "page not found" thingy.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:31 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by VincentJ
I still haven't gotten a response back as to why I can't post photos...Keeps saying file is too large. Same photos I regularly posted before the upgrade. I would appreciate a response to this inquiry.
Vincent,
ok, looks like the guys have the problem worked out and the images should upload now!!! I've uploaded the 2 images you sent me to show you it's working. Give it a test yourself and see if you upload.

It's working!!!!!

Hope this helps

Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2070.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	3.63 MB
ID:	1906299   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2069.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	1906300  
Old 08-08-2013, 04:33 PM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, it is obvious My Forums selections didn't transfer over with the change. That is OK except I cannot find where I set up which forums I want and which I don't want. I have cleaned out everything multiple times but it isn't getting any better.... Can't go through 11+ pages every time I look for a fix!!! You guys are supposed to be the experts and I am not the problem...
Old 08-08-2013, 04:35 PM
pvogel

Edit--in reply to AceRC a few posts up...

Sounds like you are still in a never-never land of mixed up cookies, I was there too in one browser (Chrome), here's what I did.

Closed ALL RCUniverse tabs
Opened up settings, clicked "advanced settings", scrolled to "privacy" clicked on "Content settings" that opens another window
Clicked on all cookies and site data
entered rcuniverse in the search box
deleted ALL entries
entered rcuniverse in the search box again -- it found a few more (dunno why, blame Chrome)
deleted ALL entries
opened a new tab, went to RCU, logged in, and voila, everything is working!

Peter+
Old 08-08-2013, 04:36 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by RAMFlyer
OK, it is obvious My Forums selections didn't transfer over with the change. That is OK except I cannot find where I set up which forums I want and which I don't want. I have cleaned out everything multiple times but it isn't getting any better.... Can't go through 11+ pages every time I look for a fix!!! You guys are supposed to be the experts and I am not the problem...
They did transfer over -- be sure to scroll down past the top section when you click My Forums and you'll see em
Old 08-08-2013, 04:37 PM
acerc

IBobi, I got into my subscriptions through "My account" and have done as you instructed. Thank's! Seem's thing's are trying to come together. Maybe there are to many way's to get the the same point and to many doors are shut. So it depends on which avenue you travel as to where you end up.

Last edited by acerc; 08-08-2013 at 04:42 PM.
IBobi

Peter, did that!
IBObi, when I click on the subscription tap I get the "page not found" thingy.
OK -- try just clicking SUBSCRIPTIONS next to your name. Same page.
IBobi

Originally Posted by nero1156
I am on a Mac, cleared browser, cookies, and cache. Still can not log the christ out. It has been three days. ***!! HOW DO I LOG OFF??????
Originally Posted by Dansy
This exactly what is happening to me on both my MacBook and iPad.....
Login/out issues have persisted throughout the day. It's our first priority to resolve this, so thanks for sticking it out with us.

Paul
Old 08-08-2013, 04:41 PM
IBobi

IBobi, I got into my subscriptions through "My account" and have done as you instructed. Thank's! Seem's thing's are trying to come together. Maybe there are to many way's to get the the same point.
Thanks! Great! It'll take a bit of tweaking and getting used to, but I hope that once the dust settles you'll find this is a stable, feature-rich platform for this awesome community.

Poking around, I'm already amazed at how many new threads are generated on a daily basis -- and that's a day when we had login issues and first-timers!

Looking forward to the smooth days ahead.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:47 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

have reset the threads per page to 40 on 3 separate occasions now, and am still getting anywhere between 20 and 33 threads per page. have set the time setting to since the beginning or whatever it says, so i know it isn't an issue of no threads to display.
the colouration/layout is truly mind damaging to have to look at.
v bulletin, the result of programming to the lowest common denominator.
we might as well be visiting RCG.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:49 PM
acerc

Any idea of when the subscriptions button next to my name and avatar will come on line? I can get to them in another manner it's just a lot longer way around.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:56 PM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

Uh Nope!! I'm signed in but when I click on My Forums it takes me to a page that says I must sign in. Then I sign in and go to My Account and click on Forum Settings and it takes me to Edit My Profile...
Old 08-08-2013, 05:57 PM
acerc

No more than ask and I find a short cut. Click on settings then subscriptions and "BAM" I'm there. And as many others I do not like the colorations, darken them up a little would suffice. As for RCG< I am a member there as well but the traffic is a minimal fraction of here. And we must admit we come here for the traffic.
As a matter of fact I am a member of several forums including full scale and none come anywhere close to RCU in conversational traffic. Thank's for being here for us RCU.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

More items showing up and one corrected. I can now get to Electric Airplanes, as listed in my preference of forums, instead of seeing every forum.
But still using FireFox, I have to login every time I go to the site.

Now two new items, I'm now subscribed to this very thread. If I go to my account, I have to login again, then if I try and go to any of my settings to unsubscribe, I get kicked out and return to the page that tells me I have to register or login.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:21 PM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default can't log off

I can't log off no matter what I do it keeps bringing me back to the forum page. Did all the clear cach etc fixs still not working
Old 08-08-2013, 07:32 PM
capnduane

All old posts on Gas Engine Forum are missing? Got the posting of pics dialed in!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0868cl.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	1906354  

Last edited by capnduane; 08-08-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:49 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by raptureboy
I can't log off no matter what I do it keeps bringing me back to the forum page. Did all the clear cach etc fixs still not working
Wow you can't log off my account won't stay logged in for long wish I had your issue

Notice about 10% of the time when I change forums I get logged out
Old 08-08-2013, 08:51 PM
hrrcflyer

OK, here we go again. I cleared all of my cookies out and the log in problems stopped yesterday. I visited the website three separate times after I cleared the cookies and everything was fine. The issue I have now is that the all of the problems that I reported a few pages ago are back today. I have also still not seen any response to my question regarding the Enter key not working in the reply box. I am using Windows 7 and IE 10 which is what I replied to a few posts after the question was raised. I hope all of the issues with the updated software are fixed soon. RCUniverse is too good of a website to be screwed up like this. I also tried to post this response a while ago and it said I did not have permission even when I was supposedly logged in and the "Posting Permissions" box show's I can do everything.

Last edited by hrrcflyer; 08-08-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:54 PM
flyboydale54

Not only can I not view the attachments (photos), but it gives me an error stating that "You do not have permission to view these", and it tells me to log back in, which I did and I get the same ole error. I already cleared my cache and history in Firefox 23.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Mooney_driver

Originally Posted by pvogel
Subscription e-mails are definitely working for me. Check your spam folders. Here are the headers I'm getting now:
The messages are not going to a spam filter. I got 2 messages today plus a message telling me that you had replied to me. When I took the forum url: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...-new-post.html

I got a "Database Error" page. When I went to RCU homepage and took any Forum link I got a..."Database Error" message page. When I look at my account and subscriptions it shows zero! Not even this one. Prior to the upgrade I was subscribed to over 100 threads. I was getting 300 messages a day from RCU. Now I have gotten exactly 3 messages today. So no, it is definitely not working, not even close! If I can not even get to a message by using the url in the message then something is wrong. If I can not even get a list of my subscriptions then something is wrong. If I can not take a link from the homepage then something is wrong. I have cleared my cache. It does not matter if I use IE or Firefox the results are the same. I thought the upgrade supposed to make things better, not break everything!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:28 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

old software would mark all forums read upon leaving, this one seems to want to make me do the mark forums read button before i leave each time, otherwise, i see a build up of threads/forums i haven't clicked on with the last new post time of several hours prior to my last visit. yet another similarity to, you guessed it, rcg.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.