Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 03:35 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by viper1
Just been playing around with the above problem;
Here is a trick that will work; After log out and you get the page "YOU ARE LOGGED OUT AND YOUR COOKIES ARE ERASED!"
DO NOT NAVIGATE AWAY but go to 'History'>> 'Clear all history' in Firefox browser. After the cookies are cleared you WILL need to log in again and everything works as expected.

This is a band aid of course, you can not expect everybody to clear their browser cache completely and loose log-in cookies for all forums and sites, just to navigate successfully on RCU.
RCU still needs to resolve their "persistent cookie problem" :-)
Dear Moderators, you keep repeating this but it doesn't work unfortunately.
When I log out it shows: "YOU ARE LOGGED OUT AND YOUR COOKIES ARE ERASED!" but any link I click after that I'm just logged in like nothing happened.

WinXP with Firefox
LOGIN/LOGOUT should now be working in all major browsers: FF, Chrome, IE, Safari.

Let us know if you continue to have any problems logging in or staying logged in.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:46 PM
viper1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
LOGIN/LOGOUT should now be working in all major browsers: FF, Chrome, IE, Safari.

Let us know if you continue to have any problems logging in or staying logged in.
Sorry Paul, just tested, straight after logging out I can click 'my forums' and am still logged in........
Old 08-12-2013, 03:49 PM
drube

"New Posts" is no longer found inside My Forums. New Posts is a site feature.

If you click New Posts, you're asking for all the new posts on RCU. This is different from the old forum.

At this time, you can click My Forums and view the THREADS you subscribe to that have new posts, but not the FORUMS.

It's likely that this is not going to change, as this is core VB functionality.
This is terrible! Ruined a good thing! So what's the difference between New Posts and Todays Posts,,? I imagine you will loose many people..
Old 08-12-2013, 03:52 PM
joeraf
My Feedback: (6)

Same here--- Firefox is not fixed. Also My Forums in the drop down box upper left corner does not bring me to my forums but to all forums.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:57 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by joeraf
Same here--- Firefox is not fixed. Also My Forums in the drop down box upper left corner does not bring me to my forums but to all forums.
Joe, if you use that dropdown to go to My forums, do you see a list of your subscribed THREADS, and scroll down below that to see your subscribed FORUMS?
Old 08-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DOH! I just tried it in Chrome. I thought it was fixed, but nope, I'm still signed in as well.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:00 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by drube
This is terrible! Ruined a good thing! So what's the difference between New Posts and Todays Posts,,? I imagine you will loose many people..

We are actually looking into what it would take to change this, but give us a bit of time. Thank you!
Old 08-12-2013, 04:04 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by Cub Flyer Fresno
DOH! I just tried it in Chrome. I thought it was fixed, but nope, I'm still signed in as well.
Yup I'm seeing that too -- looking into it with our techs.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drube
What he said! Will this be fixed?
Originally Posted by Scar
Old : I can log in, log out.
New : I can't log out.

Old: Click on "My Forums" and I see only forums that are on my list.
New: Click on "My Forums" and every single forum on the site shows up.

Old: In My Forum mode, click on "New Posts". All posts that show up are from My Forums selection
New: In My Forum Mode, click on "New Posts". Posts from every single forum on the site show up.

The My Forum feature allowed me to browse conveniently. I've spent almost no time browsing forums with the new setup. I would like to see that old functionality restored.

Thanks,
Dave Olson
You should find that rather than clicking New Posts, you can simply click the browser refresh button while in MyForums. It effectively works the same.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:14 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by Nathan
You should find that rather than clicking New Posts, you can simply click the browser refresh button while in MyForums. It effectively works the same.
I believe the difference they're calling out is that in the new My Forums, you see a list of THREAD subscriptions with new posts, but the FORUM subscriptions are ALL your subscribed forums instead of just the ones with new posts.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:14 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by HUNTERANDJEFF
When I click on a picture to enlarge, it says I don't have permission and the whole page goes dark. I have to refresh the page to get it light again. Also, another thing that just really bugs me is the ads on the classified pages. They go right over the ads we are trying to read! I understand you have to have ads to make money but don't put them right over something we are trying to read, that is really annoying! Also, in the classifieds, have an electric only link for planes for sale.
Enlargement of pictures should all be working properly now that we have changed the settings. Are you still having these problems?
Old 08-12-2013, 04:53 PM
viper1

"My forums" works OK here Paul, also using Firefox.

I have "Subscribed Threads with New Posts:" on top with an option button to "view all subscribed threads"
And my subscribed forums underneath
Old 08-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Terry Holston

Using IE 9 did your log out to fix the cookies thingie TWICE............Still have to hit "My forums" twice to be able to scroll down to RC Jets. First time it goes to every forum on the site. I have been on this abomination 3 times today and it worked right on the second try this morning. I went flying and came back and have been screwing around here for over 3hrs trying to get nowhere fast...............................AARGH.......... ...
Old 08-12-2013, 05:12 PM
viper1

Sorry if I throw more ingredients in the mix, but is it possible that there is some confusion with some people assuming the bottom forum link is 'my forums' while it is not.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Nathan
Administrator

Regarding Subscriptions for those members still receiving unwanted email notifications. There are two actions you can take, one for forums and the other for threads. To change your preferences for all the threads, see the attached image-- You must select each thread > click the pulldown menu at the bottom > choose your new action for all threads (or the ones you selected).

To change your preference for My Forum subscriptions you have two options-- first open the forum > Forum Tools > Unsubscribe From This Forum

Second is to go to My Forums and choose the black minus logo--
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	72
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	1907330   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	72
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	1907331   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	63
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1907332  
Old 08-12-2013, 05:22 PM
IBobi

Sorry if I throw more ingredients in the mix, but is it possible that there is some confusion with some people assuming the bottom forum link is 'my forums' while it is not.

Entirely possible. I have yet to get a follow-up post from someone when I've asked things like which link are you using, what browser, etc. Just the problem report, my reply, then nothing. So it's very difficult to tell exactly what the issue is, and nearly impossible to fix it. But I'll keep at it!
Old 08-12-2013, 05:23 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by Terry Holston
Using IE 9 did your log out to fix the cookies thingie TWICE............Still have to hit "My forums" twice to be able to scroll down to RC Jets. First time it goes to every forum on the site. I have been on this abomination 3 times today and it worked right on the second try this morning. I went flying and came back and have been screwing around here for over 3hrs trying to get nowhere fast...............................AARGH.......... ...
Terry,

See Viper1's post below yours; which forums link are you using? What browser are you using? Also be certain you are logged in when you click My Forums -- otherwise you WILL see all forums.

As to the login issue, we're still troubleshooting it. Hang in there!
Old 08-12-2013, 05:27 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by Nathan
Regarding Subscriptions for those members still receiving unwanted email notifications. There are two actions you can take, one for forums and the other for threads. To change your preferences for all the threads, see the attached image-- You must select each thread > click the pulldown menu at the bottom > choose your new action for all threads (or the ones you selected).

To change your preference for My Forum subscriptions, first open the forum > Forum Tools > Unsubscribe From This Forum
And to be perfectly clear, this does NOT change the default subscription functionality -- only for threads/forums to which you are currently subscribed.

To change the default settign where you are subscribed to all threads you post in, go to Settings, General Settings, Messaging & Notification, change Default Thread Subscription Mode to DO NOT SUBSCRIBE and click SAVE CHANGES at the bottom.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:30 PM
joeraf

Joe, if you use that dropdown to go to My forums, do you see a list of your subscribed THREADS, and scroll down below that to see your subscribed FORUMS?
Nope, it just rolls back to all forums.

The My Forums button to the top right works fine however. Using firefox.

Last edited by joeraf; 08-12-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:31 PM
IBobi

Likely you are not actually logged in then. Make sure you are logged in, then click the My Forums dropdown, and scroll down to see if you can find your forums.

Also let me know what browser & version you're using.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Terry Holston

Terry,

See Viper1's post below yours; which forums link are you using? What browser are you using?

As to the login issue, we're still troubleshooting it. Hang in there!
IBobi, read what I wrote. I said "My forums" NOT "forums" "My Forums" is in the drop down menu. "Forums" is at the bottom of the page. Also I told you IE9 in the same post.

Last edited by Terry Holston; 08-12-2013 at 05:35 PM. Reason: adding more info..........
Old 08-12-2013, 05:36 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by Terry Holston
IBobi, read what I wrote. I said "My forums" NOT "forums" "My Forums" is in the drop down menu. "Forums" is at the bottom of the page.
What browser & version are you running? And you're sure you're logged in when you try it? Can you tell me how to reproduce the issue where the first time you pulldown and click on My Forums it lists all RCU forums, and then you pull it down & click it again and it lists your subscribed forums?

Also, I assume when you actually get to your forums, you see your subscribed threads and then the subscribed forums after that?
Old 08-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Nathan
Administrator

The My Forums button to the top right works fine however. Using firefox.
I am able to use both the pulldown menu and my forum link on the right using Safari, Chrome and Firefox. Have you tried another browser?
Old 08-12-2013, 05:42 PM
joeraf

[QUOTE=Nathan;11589212]These are the forums to which you're subscribed as I see them on your MyForum page using Safari, Chrome and Firefox

TE]
Yes, I am able to see them using the my forums button to the right. Just not able to see them using the dropdown. Using Firefox v23

Also note using the sign in button at the top takes me to my member profile page. Using the register now button to access the sign in takes me to the home page. This is after signing out and restarting firefox.

Last edited by joeraf; 08-12-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:52 PM
The Bluehead

The ad banner blanks out the dropdown boxes for the forum and marketplace headers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.