Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 05:58 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How CanYou Display NEW POSTS To Your Forums ONLY; when you hit Today's Posts even When You are On Your Forum Page, You Get New Posts For Every Forum on the SITE; the Old Site you were Able to See JUST New Posts On Your Forums ONLY!
Old 08-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Terry Holston
Using IE 9 did your log out to fix the cookies thingie TWICE............Still have to hit "My forums" twice to be able to scroll down to RC Jets. First time it goes to every forum on the site. I have been on this abomination 3 times today and it worked right on the second try this morning. I went flying and came back and have been screwing around here for over 3hrs trying to get nowhere fast...............................AARGH.......... ...
OK IBobi. Please re read the above Quote. All the info you have asked me for TWICE is in there.........................Also I copied and pasted another of my posts below. I can't explain it any more than that...................Oh , now it is over 4 hours.
..........................AARGH.......... ...

IBobi, read what I wrote. I said "My forums" NOT "forums" "My Forums" is in the drop down menu. "Forums" is at the bottom of the page. Also I told you IE9 in the same post.

Last edited by Terry Holston; 08-12-2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Added copies of previous posts.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dasintex
How CanYou Display NEW POSTS To Your Forums ONLY; when you hit Today's Posts even When You are On Your Forum Page, You Get New Posts For Every Forum on the SITE; the Old Site you were Able to See JUST New Posts On Your Forums ONLY!
Unfortunately, at this time there is not one page to show all your MyForum new posts in one place. The best we have at this point is to click MyForums > scroll down to your forum subscriptions > open the forum to view the new posts.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Nathan
Administrator

Originally Posted by Terry Holston
OK IBobi. Please re read the above Quote. All the info you have asked me for TWICE is in there.........................Also I copied and pasted another of my posts below. I can't explain it any more than that...................Oh , now it is over 4 hours.
..........................AARGH.......... ...

IBobi, read what I wrote. I said "My forums" NOT "forums" "My Forums" is in the drop down menu. "Forums" is at the bottom of the page. Also I told you IE9 in the same post.

Is it IE9 only or can you confirm this on another browser too?
Old 08-12-2013, 06:21 PM
joeraf
My Feedback: (6)

Tried IE v10 same result as Terry.... had to hit the my forums dropdown twice to get to the proper page. The odd thing though was I could not post to this forum through IE to report the problem.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Nathan
Administrator

Originally Posted by joeraf
Tried IE v10 same result as Terry.... had to hit the my forums dropdown twice to get to the proper page. The odd thing though was I could not post to this forum through IE to report the problem.
Thank you. I'll report it to tech as it relates to IE9 and 10.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:43 PM
gkclrk62

I have a new question for all of the IT guru's who are still pulling what little hair they have left on their heads from this whole "New" RCU.

Why is it now that every forum that I am subscibed to now has a Announcement from IBobi telling me to "Please log out of RCU and log back in" ? I have done this and even if I open a particular forum and then log out and then log backin and go back to the very same forum I get the very same announcement.
Also why am I still not getting any emails updates of new posts to any of my subscribed to forums ? I get email updates to threads that I have subscribed to but none from the forums.

Curious and frustrated minds want to know !
Old 08-12-2013, 08:47 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

admins,
how hard would it be to simply flip the switch on the default subscription to threads box to not subscribed,instead of the subscribe that it is set to now?
solve a whole ****load of problems right away.

and, appears that the sign in/out problems have gone away for sea monkey 2.2, anyway.

Last edited by mongo; 08-12-2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: new info
Old 08-12-2013, 10:52 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

even after doing the log in/out dance when I leave the site for more than 10 min I am getting the sign in prompt so it is still a reoccurring problem
Old 08-12-2013, 11:26 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtim
even after doing the log in/out dance when I leave the site for more than 10 min I am getting the sign in prompt so it is still a reoccurring problem

+1 on this.

I have logged out and logged in countless times. If i close my browser and immediately open it up, it still requires me to log-in, but it doesn't ask for my credentials, it just takes me straight to my usercp page..
Old 08-13-2013, 01:38 AM
Jgwright

It is so annoying that the log-in is not fixed despite an announcement it has been. I have cleared my cookies and logged out and logged back in. I cannot refresh a page after a few minutes without being asked to log-in.

John
Old 08-13-2013, 01:55 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nathan
Unfortunately, at this time there is not one page to show all your MyForum new posts in one place. The best we have at this point is to click MyForums > scroll down to your forum subscriptions > open the forum to view the new posts.
Totally a deal breaker. I said elsewhere. I don't have time to weed through "tanks" etc. etc.
Good luck with your forums. I'll look at the classifieds from time to time.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:01 AM
vatechguy3
My Feedback: (11)

getting a bunch of emailed subscriptions for threads and forums I have never subscribed to.

when I try and go to manage subscriptions, it tells me to log in. when I click log in, I am directed to my profile page and i'm already logged in.

tony
Old 08-13-2013, 03:27 AM
legend234

I have exactly the same issue as Tony
Old 08-13-2013, 04:19 AM
James347

I keep getting email subscription alerts. But I am not subscribed to anything at all. Please make it stop or tell me how to stop it. Very annoying.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:22 AM
PeterP

Still having log-in/log-out issues. I have tried everything mentioned to fix this problem and I still keep getting logged out. This is getting annoying.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:48 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Default Pitiful Reply

Originally Posted by Nathan
You must think I have all kinds of time to Scroll through my Selected Forums Individually to see New Posts, what a sorry excuse for a pitiful upgrade, I guess you don't want me to use RCU anymore, no problem, I'll go elsewhere, plenty of other decent sites, have a good day! Not!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:02 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Three places for "My Forums" links:
1. Left side menu on the sign-in page.
2. Top menu (by the RCU Logo) Forums dropdown.
3. And on pages after the sign in page, the round "My Forums" button over the "FAQ|new posts|member list|search|inbox|settings" bar.

Old: "My Forums" link, 3 places, all worked.
New: The first one doesn't work at all, the second one doesn't work, at least on the first trip through. The third link works - usually, and if I can get there in "Signed In" mode.

Old: In MY FORUMS mode, "New Posts" button took me to new posts only from MY FORUMS.
New: In MY Forums mode, "New Posts" button displays posts from every forum on the site. I miss the ease with which I could see just the posts of interest to me.

I've spent almost no time browsing since the change, my only posts have been to complain here about the frustrating loss of the My Forums New Posts feature and login issues.

A few posts above this one, I see at least two other people who are no longer browsing, due to the loss of that new posts feature. A quick win for you would be to incorporate that feature into your new setup. You might want to at least make all the "My Forums" links work.

Best wishes,
Dave Olson
Old 08-13-2013, 05:11 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

"New Posts" refresh has a small issue. When clicking on "New Posts" to refresh the page after it has been sitting idle for awhile since the last view I get a "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. " error. One or two more clicks on "New Posts" finally refreshes the page with the updated new posts.
Not a big deal but it good be tied into some of the other issues. Using Seamonkey/Firefox.

Last edited by flyinwalenda; 08-13-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:57 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterP
Still having log-in/log-out issues. I have tried everything mentioned to fix this problem and I still keep getting logged out. This is getting annoying.

Originally Posted by IBobi
PLEASE LOG OUT OF RCU AND LOG BACK IN
+ i'm sure everybody,,

Not curing the problem,, I still have to log back in every time I come back to the site,, no box to "keep me logged in" like most logins have.

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 08-13-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:58 AM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

You ask me to log out and then log back in. I can't or don't have too. It will not leave me logged in. Every time I go to RCU I am not logged in. When I click on "sign in" it takes me to "member Account information" page and automatically logs me in. But the minute I leave RCU, it logs me out! very frustrating.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:12 AM
tothemax

It keeps telling me to logout and log back in every time
Old 08-13-2013, 07:40 AM
T3PRanch

I just spent about 15 minutes unsubscribing from about 4 dozen forums 1 by 1 that I never subscribed to or ask to be spammed by e-mail messages (which started suddenly a few days ago) telling me the forum I "was subscribed to" had been updated. This upgrade was poorly planned and implemented. You will notice that this is my first post ever!

Thurmond
Old 08-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

I think the log out and log in routine may have worked for me. I've come back after a few hours and to my surprise I was still logged in. Now my only problem is with thread subscriptions I had, they are not longer notifying me. New one's appear to work, but I cant tell on the others. I'm chrome.
Edwin
Old 08-13-2013, 09:23 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im having trouble both submitting new threads and posting to others. when submitting it just goes to a blank page. when trying to post to a thread I get a message saying I don't have permission and should refresh and log back in. doesn't matter if I refresh, close browser and reopen or log out/in...still wont work.
And I cant attach pics at all. when the box to choose pics comes up another box pops up saying I don't have permission. whats worse is that box wont close! I have to do a force close threw start task, which closes all my windows.
Not only are these big issues, the new site doesn't even look as good as the old. Its now bland. RCU was my ONLY rc forum....but I find myself looking for another now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.