Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 09:10 AM
cstevenpeterson
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cstevenpeterson
Not sure if this has been entered yet, and this is probably a lower priority than our login issues, but that being said: With the old site, everytime I went into a sub forum and then left it, all threads in the sub forum were marked as read whether I opened them or not. To do that now, I have to manually mark the sub forum as read. Is this going to be fixed and/or is there a setting that will make it behave like the old site where this occurs automatically?
If I did not read it in the first place it is because I was not interested in that particular thread so it is nice to only see the threads highlighted with new posts - makes it a bit nicer. For those of us that are like minded, I hope it at least becomes a selectable option.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:13 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Here is an odd one.

I get a notice of a new post to this thread. When I come to the thread, which has about 25 pages, it always takes me to page 3. And, of course I am not logged in even though I logged in 10 minutes ago.

I log in and then have to navigate to the end of the thread to find the post for which I received the notice.

Just odd.

Win 7 and IE 10

=================

Dear aeajr,

jharkin has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled -
Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here - in the Forum questions or problems
forum of RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc
airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes
and more.

This thread is located at:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by scale only 4 me)---

Go to "Subscriptions" check the notification boxes onthe right, scroll down
the page and open the "selected threads" box,,, click "Through my control panel
only", then "go"

That will turn off the emails,,, worked for me

good luck

---End Quote---

I did try turning off thread subscriptions. Problem is its not emailing me
about new posts on subscribed threads - its emailing me about any post in the
entire forum! Every day. And I dont see how to turn that off.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and more

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/subs...103d7690ea32dd

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/subs...n&folderid=all
Old 08-15-2013, 09:15 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

BTW, re above, I closed my browser, went back to my e-mail and hit the link to come back to this thread to see the new post.

I showed as logged in this time but it still took me to page 3.

Never seen this before.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:25 AM
JohnB96041

Just got an email with this link in it (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...-new-post.html). It took me to page 24, not the latest page, and shows I am not logged in to the forum page. I clicked on sign in, took me to another page, I hit the back button in IE9 brouser, hit F5 for refresh and was logged in. Something is still wrong. RCG and FG web sites do not work like this.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:26 AM
JohnB96041

Here is the full link in my email:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forum-questions-problems-239/11584402-report-bugs-new-vbulletin-forum-here-new-post.html
Old 08-15-2013, 09:43 AM
WheatStateHobbies
My Feedback: (1)

Hello all, I've notice my member type has not updated on the forums. I've upgraded from the "basic membership" but the "plaque" still says "Basic Member" on my posts. I thought that was supposed to update automatically?
Thanks,
Bill
Old 08-15-2013, 09:51 AM
BadSplice

Originally Posted by cstevenpeterson
If I did not read it in the first place it is because I was not interested in that particular thread so it is nice to only see the threads highlighted with new posts - makes it a bit nicer. For those of us that are like minded, I hope it at least becomes a selectable option.
Strongly agree. Liked the way it was setup before way better and hope thats at least an option.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:56 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't the forms start where I left off reading at least the same page.
How do I get the page the same size as the for sale items so I don't have to re-size
of pan left and right to see who wrote the thread.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Thud_Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Win 7, IE 10. Start IE10 and click on a favorite to go to a forum. I have all the forums I visit bookmarked. Says I'm not logged in - Do I want to create an account? Click on Sign In and it takes me to my profile page where I am signed in. Click on the favorite for the forum again and now I'm signed in. Keeps me logged in, usually, until I close IE10. Then I get to do it all over again. Yes, I did all the cookie stuff, log in / log out from various places, etc. - didn't work.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:03 AM
BadSplice

New bug... this thread has disappeared from its spot in the top moving threads on the front page. Is that because it was made into a sticky? We shouldn't be giving people the impression that the bugs have been worked out.... this thread isn't easy to find in the listings....
Old 08-15-2013, 12:01 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

got this result when clicking on the 18 at the bottom of page 17 to get to page 18. happened 3 times.

Array ( [postid] => 11591307 [threadid] => 11584402 [parentid] => 11584597 [username] => splais [userid] => 17485 [title] => [dateline] => 1376570784 [pagetext] => Congradulations - I just figured you guys needed that. Yes, there are still problems, but it seems to me the only big one I notice is the sign-in issue. There are a couple of things in this "new" RCU that are great. One is the ability to insert multiple pictures at once without having to do it one at a time like in the old RCU. I can highlight 6 or 7 pics and insert them all at once. One other new feature I absolutely love is the ability to read a new post in RCU while still in my email without having to click on the link and actually go into RCU to read the post. The problems will eventually get fixed. [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => 108.234.174.141 [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [importthreadid] => 0 [importpostid] => 0 [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => splais [ip] => 71.35.39.3 [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => 2 [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => 2 [password] => b8a210abafe8f92f163061432ded2385 [passworddate] => 2013-08-02 [email] => [email protected] [styleid] => 0 [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => splais2 [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => 2 [showbirthday] => 2 [usertitle] => [customtitle] => 0 [joindate] => 1008208800 [daysprune] => 0 [lastvisit] => 1376542461 [lastactivity] => 1376571935 [lastpost] => 1376571935 [lastpostid] => 11591315 [posts] => 3437 [reputation] => 0 [reputationlevelid] => 0 [timezoneoffset] => -7 [pmpopup] => 1 [avatarid] => 0 [avatarrevision] => 0 [profilepicrevision] => 0 [sigpicrevision] => 0 [options] => 45112407 [birthday] => 6-16-1943 [birthday_search] => 1943-06-16 [maxposts] => -1 [startofweek] => 1 [referrerid] => 0 [languageid] => 0 [emailstamp] => 0 [threadedmode] => 0 [autosubscribe] => 1 [pmtotal] => 0 [pmunread] => 0 [salt] => 3z!Ixh=$nqs(LXU,qW"OclTJ_JlBj1 [ipoints] => 0 [infractions] => 0 [warnings] => 0 [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => 0 [adminoptions] => 0 [profilevisits] => 22 [friendcount] => 0 [friendreqcount] => 0 [vmunreadcount] => 0 [vmmoderatedcount] => 0 [socgroupinvitecount] => 0 [socgroupreqcount] => 0 [pcunreadcount] => 0 [pcmoderatedcount] => 0 [gmmoderatedcount] => 0 [importuserid] => 17485 [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => 0 [fbname] => [logintype] => vb [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => 0 [bloggroupreqcount] => 0 [showblogcss] => 1 [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [field6] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => Congradulations - I just figured you guys needed that. Yes, there are still problems, but it seems to me the only big one I notice is the sign-in issue. There are a couple of things in this "new" RCU that are great. One is the ability to insert multiple pictures at once without having to do it one at a time like in the old RCU. I can highlight 6 or 7 pics and insert them all at once. One other new feature I absolutely love is the ability to read a new post in RCU while still in my email without having to click on the link and actually go into RCU to read the post. The problems will eventually get fixed. [hasimages] => 0 [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 681 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => 1 [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) DIED !!!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:05 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

and another question, is there an operational reason why all the stickies havbe to appear at the top of every page in the page lists of forum threads? as in page 1, 2 3, 4 ... of the rcjets forum.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:32 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by DAMBUSTER
Site does not automatically log me in. It does on a tablet but not on computer !!!!!!
Originally Posted by aceisback
Ok, I know the RCU people are trying to get things fixed, but right now, this login/logout thing is getting frustrating. Also, I don't want to get an email every time someone replies to a thread that I post on. The old RCU worked and this upgrade or whatever has broken RCU.

Probably too late, but why wasn't the old RCU left up and have the new RCU set up as a test site to see what problems existed and to work out the bugs. I usually adjust to change, but it is hard to adapt when everything is so problematic.
Originally Posted by Dave Harmon
Paul.....I am having the same loging problems/issues as LSP972.e
Originally Posted by ahamay
How are you qualifying this statement ? I would actually go as far to say that there are no login problems at all. People are not having issues logging on. The problem is that you are logged off the forum randomly when moving from screen to screen and especially if you refresh a page or close your browser and return after any time period.
Originally Posted by Tom Nied
Have to log in everytime.
Originally Posted by splais
Congradulations - I just figured you guys needed that. Yes, there are still problems, but it seems to me the only big one I notice is the sign-in issue. There are a couple of things in this "new" RCU that are great. One is the ability to insert multiple pictures at once without having to do it one at a time like in the old RCU. I can highlight 6 or 7 pics and insert them all at once. One other new feature I absolutely love is the ability to read a new post in RCU while still in my email without having to click on the link and actually go into RCU to read the post. The problems will eventually get fixed.
Originally Posted by GallopingGhostler
I followed advice, cleared all cookies, shut down FireFox then reopened. The pages still time out after a while if no activity, or leave RCU and come back at another hour, like clicking on an E-mail link for a subscription reply. I've found though that if one clicks on the "Log In", brings up their profile page without having to truly log in. Then click the back button, hit refresh, the web page is now updated with me logged in.It is not as good as the old way where you were automatically logged in, but for now it's a suitable work around for me.
Originally Posted by aeajr
Win 7 and IE 10 - did the whole cache and cookie flush thing. Did not help. I still can't stay logged in.

The login issue is so annoying I have not even begun to explor any new features.
Originally Posted by JohnB96041
Still having login problems. Was logged in to the home page, Forums, My Forums. Was on the home page for about 20 minutes doing other things around the house. Came back and was still logged in on home page, but My Forums was logged out.
Originally Posted by Thud_Driver
Win 7, IE 10. Start IE10 and click on a favorite to go to a forum. I have all the forums I visit bookmarked. Says I'm not logged in - Do I want to create an account? Click on Sign In and it takes me to my profile page where I am signed in. Click on the favorite for the forum again and now I'm signed in. Keeps me logged in, usually, until I close IE10. Then I get to do it all over again. Yes, I did all the cookie stuff, log in / log out from various places, etc. - didn't work.

Thank you for all your updates and comments. We truly apologize for the days of inconvenience and frustration this may have caused you.

Log in issue is still our #1 priority to fix. With number of users still having log-in issues, it was announced this morning that we will be going through another major login change today (Thursday), started at 11am (pacific). The process will take about 12 hours to complete.

We are trying our best to fix every problem that has been posting here. We appreciate all of your help and contribution.

Please, we ask for a bit more of time and patience! We are looking forward to get through this as much as you are.

Once again, Thank you and we will keep you posted.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Ah-ha! Someone else IS having the same trouble I am. It is a bit annoying. I wish I knew.

P.S. For the first time, I had the login issue. Just for the record.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:34 PM
joeraf
My Feedback: (6)

Now unable to sign in from firefox v 23 at all. Keeps bumping me to the register now page.

IE version 10 works somewhat ok.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:07 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by mongo
got this result when clicking on the 18 at the bottom of page 17 to get to page 18. happened 3 times.

Array ( [postid] => 11591307 [threadid] => 11584402 [parentid] => 11584597 [username] => splais [userid] => 17485 [title] => [dateline] => 1376570784 [pagetext] => Congradulations - I just figured you guys needed that. Yes, there are still problems, but it seems to me the only big one I notice is the sign-in issue. There are a couple of things in this "new" RCU that are great. One is the ability to insert multiple pictures at once without having to do it one at a time like in the old RCU. I can highlight 6 or 7 pics and insert them all at once. One other new feature I absolutely love is the ability to read a new post in RCU while still in my email without having to click on the link and actually go into RCU to read the post. The problems will eventually get fixed. [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => 108.234.174.141 [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [importthreadid] => 0 [importpostid] => 0 [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => splais [ip] => 71.35.39.3 [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => 2 [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => 2 [password] => b8a210abafe8f92f163061432ded2385 [passworddate] => 2013-08-02 [email] => [email protected] [styleid] => 0 [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => splais2 [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => 2 [showbirthday] => 2 [usertitle] => [customtitle] => 0 [joindate] => 1008208800 [daysprune] => 0 [lastvisit] => 1376542461 [lastactivity] => 1376571935 [lastpost] => 1376571935 [lastpostid] => 11591315 [posts] => 3437 [reputation] => 0 [reputationlevelid] => 0 [timezoneoffset] => -7 [pmpopup] => 1 [avatarid] => 0 [avatarrevision] => 0 [profilepicrevision] => 0 [sigpicrevision] => 0 [options] => 45112407 [birthday] => 6-16-1943 [birthday_search] => 1943-06-16 [maxposts] => -1 [startofweek] => 1 [referrerid] => 0 [languageid] => 0 [emailstamp] => 0 [threadedmode] => 0 [autosubscribe] => 1 [pmtotal] => 0 [pmunread] => 0 [salt] => 3z!Ixh=$nqs(LXU,qW"OclTJ_JlBj1 [ipoints] => 0 [infractions] => 0 [warnings] => 0 [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => 0 [adminoptions] => 0 [profilevisits] => 22 [friendcount] => 0 [friendreqcount] => 0 [vmunreadcount] => 0 [vmmoderatedcount] => 0 [socgroupinvitecount] => 0 [socgroupreqcount] => 0 [pcunreadcount] => 0 [pcmoderatedcount] => 0 [gmmoderatedcount] => 0 [importuserid] => 17485 [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => 0 [fbname] => [logintype] => vb [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => 0 [bloggroupreqcount] => 0 [showblogcss] => 1 [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [field6] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => Congradulations - I just figured you guys needed that. Yes, there are still problems, but it seems to me the only big one I notice is the sign-in issue. There are a couple of things in this "new" RCU that are great. One is the ability to insert multiple pictures at once without having to do it one at a time like in the old RCU. I can highlight 6 or 7 pics and insert them all at once. One other new feature I absolutely love is the ability to read a new post in RCU while still in my email without having to click on the link and actually go into RCU to read the post. The problems will eventually get fixed. [hasimages] => 0 [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 681 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => 1 [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) DIED !!!
This has been reported, does this happen only when you are trying to go onto page 18? or is it happening with every other page?
Old 08-15-2013, 01:15 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Cub Flyer Fresno
P.S. It is sporadic at best. Sometimes it works, others it doesn't. Just now it did work. Thanks for working on it!

I have reported this to tech. I will get back to you as soon as I hear back from them. Thank you for your help and patience!
Old 08-15-2013, 01:15 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by joeraf
Now unable to sign in from firefox v 23 at all. Keeps bumping me to the register now page.

IE version 10 works somewhat ok.
We truly apologize for the days of inconvenience and frustration this may have caused you.

Log in issue is still our #1 priority to fix. With number of users still having log-in issues, it was announced this morning that we will be going through another major login change today (Thursday), started at 11am (pacific). The process will take about 12 hours to complete.

We are trying our best to fix every problem that has been posting here. We appreciate all of your help and contribution.

Please, we ask for a bit more of time and patience! We are looking forward to get through this as much as you are.

Once again, Thank you and we will keep you posted.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:20 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Could you please tell me how you are noticing this problem? Take us through the steps and more details would definitely help!

Thank you for your patience!
Old 08-15-2013, 01:33 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Sparhawk
My inbox is behaving the exact same way... not good.

Dan
Originally Posted by Dave Harmon
....I see the same PM messages in 'sent' as I do in 'Inbox.....ie...my sent messages are duplicated and received messages are as well.....both send and receive messages are in both folders....yikes. Dave
I have reported this problem to tech. We've tested and we cannot seem to reproduce this problem. What browser are you using? How often does this problem occur? Could you be able to provide us with some kind of image or screenshot?
Old 08-15-2013, 01:39 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by BadSplice
New bug... this thread has disappeared from its spot in the top moving threads on the front page. Is that because it was made into a sticky? We shouldn't be giving people the impression that the bugs have been worked out.... this thread isn't easy to find in the listings....
I have notified the tech. You mean "THE RCU HEARTBEAT - TOP 15 MOST ACTIVE THREAD" list, correct?
Old 08-15-2013, 01:47 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Congradulations - I just figured you guys needed that. Yes, there are still problems, but it seems to me the only big one I notice is the sign-in issue. There are a couple of things in this "new" RCU that are great. One is the ability to insert multiple pictures at once without having to do it one at a time like in the old RCU. I can highlight 6 or 7 pics and insert them all at once. One other new feature I absolutely love is the ability to read a new post in RCU while still in my email without having to click on the link and actually go into RCU to read the post. The problems will eventually get fixed.
Thank you for your support and encouragement! We are trying our best to fix all the problems that are occurring with the new RCU. Thank you for your patience, hang in there!
Old 08-15-2013, 01:57 PM
IBxAnders

Originally Posted by IBpark
Thank you for your support and encouragement! We are trying our best to fix all the problems that are occurring with the new RCU. Thank you for your patience, hang in there!
splais : you can enhance your uploading by visiting EDIT OPTIONS / SETTINGS and making sure you have enabled "Enhanced Attachment Uploading on"; this would be here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/usercp.php
Old 08-15-2013, 02:12 PM
IBpark
Administrator

BTW, re above, I closed my browser, went back to my e-mail and hit the link to come back to this thread to see the new post.

I showed as logged in this time but it still took me to page 3.

Never seen this before.
Here is an odd one.

I get a notice of a new post to this thread. When I come to the thread, which has about 25 pages, it always takes me to page 3. And, of course I am not logged in even though I logged in 10 minutes ago.

I log in and then have to navigate to the end of the thread to find the post for which I received the notice.

Just odd.

Win 7 and IE 10

=================

Dear aeajr,

jharkin has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled -
Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here - in the Forum questions or problems
forum of RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc
airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes
and more.

This thread is located at:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by scale only 4 me)---

Go to "Subscriptions" check the notification boxes onthe right, scroll down
the page and open the "selected threads" box,,, click "Through my control panel
only", then "go"

That will turn off the emails,,, worked for me

good luck

---End Quote---

I did try turning off thread subscriptions. Problem is its not emailing me
about new posts on subscribed threads - its emailing me about any post in the
entire forum! Every day. And I dont see how to turn that off.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and more

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/subs...103d7690ea32dd

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/subs...n&folderid=all

I've noticed this problem as well. This problem has been reported. Thank you for your help and contribution. We will keep you updated.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:18 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by flyinham
I'm not trying to be mean or a smart butt here but. I'll be the first person to admit I'm more ignorant than most when it comes to computers, but with the old version we didn't have to delete this, that or another to see things. If this version is supposed to be an improvement then why do we have to do all of this deleting now ? Thanks for your time on this.
Originally Posted by mongo
yeah. that button is getting very tempting.

We are truly sorry for all the inconvenience that this may have caused.
We understand how frustrating this all can be. We are trying our best to fix all the problems.

Thank you for all your contribution and patience, please continue to report any problems that you may run into so that we can address them accordingly!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.