Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 02:24 AM
tree2tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting notification for thread updates that I never used to get, nor requested. (1/2 A & 1/8 A; Hitec/MultiPlex), but not the threads I used to get (Hanger-9 Sopwith Camel Build Thread; Yellow Aircraft AT-6). Perhaps there have been no updates to those though.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:59 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Still wondering why no members locations shown beside their name/avatar, real pain when you wasted your time giving details about something and then discover where they are it dosnt apply or they cant get it?
Old 08-19-2013, 06:14 AM
maukaonyx

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Site is not loading for me when using Chrome on Windows Vista. Works on the same machine if I use IE like right now. Thanks. Jon
Old 08-19-2013, 06:31 AM
Terry Holston

Now that the log in issue and the inbox full of RCU subscriptions has been resolved I think the change will be for the better.

I like the way the pictures load, but they are still a bit too slow to enlarge the first time you click on them.

I also like the way the videos can be viewed full screen with out having to go to U-tube.

I still think the fonts could be bigger. I know, I know, I can do that thru my Browser, but why should I have to, then read every thing elsewhere on the web as if they are shouting at me?????? LOL

Maybe just use the Bold as default????
Please.................Pretty Please.............
Old 08-19-2013, 07:42 AM
crispyspa

Originally Posted by acerc
And I really hate the fact that just because I post in a forum it is automatically added to my Subscribed forums. Like I said above, "This new and inproved RCU bites"!!!
I don't necessarily mind that feature, it helps me remember if I've answered a question or asked the OP a question and they answer, BUT, I would like to see a big "unsuscribe" button at the top of the forum I get subscribed to so I can smash that sucker when I'm done with answering questions or getting replies in that thread.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:48 AM
crispyspa

Originally Posted by Terry Holston
Now that the log in issue and the inbox full of RCU subscriptions has been resolved I think the change will be for the better.

I like the way the pictures load, but they are still a bit too slow to enlarge the first time you click on them.

I also like the way the videos can be viewed full screen with out having to go to U-tube.

I still think the fonts could be bigger. I know, I know, I can do that thru my Browser, but why should I have to, then read every thing elsewhere on the web as if they are shouting at me?????? LOL

Maybe just use the Bold as default????
Please.................Pretty Please.............

What happens when we want to highlight something to enhance a certain point if it is already in bold mode?
Old 08-19-2013, 07:52 AM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry Terry, but I've got to vote to keep the text as is. If I ever need to enlarge it, all I have to do is hold the Ctrl key and roll the mouse wheel. Try it! You might like it!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:53 AM
Xairflyer

Do agree text is small could do with being this size as default
Old 08-19-2013, 07:56 AM
LazeeAce

Hello. I'm getting notifications in my e-mail about my subscribed threads, but NONE of them (except this one) are checked to receive notifications! Stop the e-mails!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:25 AM
AMA 74894

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Airplanes400;11592945]Here's another bug ...

Suddenly, (with this new software) everyone seems to be listed as a BASIC MEMBER.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	profile.png
Views:	76
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1910261  
Old 08-19-2013, 08:27 AM
AMA 74894

I'll make sure this gets attended to, I do recall there being (on the old system) a separate link specifically for AOL users.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:37 AM
AMA 74894

Checking into this one.
this one is apparently still being worked, but check post #270 (page 11)
here's a screen shot:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11584682-what-do-you-think-new-site-11.html
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	whats new.png
Views:	66
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	1910357  

Last edited by AMA 74894; 08-19-2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: added info
Old 08-19-2013, 11:33 AM
delateurj

Hi,
In the single content advanced search dialog if I choose "forums" for the sort by function when I hit search I get an error that says "......'forum' attribute not found.

It would be great to get this working as its a work around for no longer having the "my forums" ability to see new posts just from the forum you are interested in.

You can say in the advanced search subscribed forums and posts since last visit and if the sort worked I think you get the same result as the old forum.

- Joe.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:48 AM
IBxAnders

Small improvement in "new threads":

You are now able to quickly "View New Threads" for specific categories - such as RC JETS by clicking a drop-down option in the "New Posts" option in the top-left area of the forum navigation menu, just under the big "What's New" tab. In simpler words - just above your avatar icon on top, you will see "New Posts" with a dropdown arrow icon, this drop-down can help you view activity in an area that's of more interest.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:08 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

kewl, on that and getting the location info displayed again.

now, if yall can just get the who is looking at this forum list to the top of each forum, instead of the bottom of the page, things will be getting closer to what we want.

Originally Posted by IBxAnders
Small improvement in "new threads":

You are now able to quickly "View New Threads" for specific categories - such as RC JETS by clicking a drop-down option in the "New Posts" option in the top-left area of the forum navigation menu, just under the big "What's New" tab. In simpler words - just above your avatar icon on top, you will see "New Posts" with a dropdown arrow icon, this drop-down can help you view activity in an area that's of more interest.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:18 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by JohnB96041
Well, just as I thought things were working out, I have not received any email from My Forums since yesterday (Aug 15, 2013 at 2:30 pm Oklaoma time CST).
Have you already edited your USER OPTION / SETTING for the subscribed threads?
Please review your subscription options via this URL: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions to see if anything has changed, and see if you are still subscribed and has modified it to the setting you want.

Remember you'll only get one notification from a forum saying you have new posts until you check it so that it doesn't fill your inbox with the notifications for same forums every single time someone makes a comment.

Please keep us updated. Thank you.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:20 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by j.duncker
Annoying bug not serious.

Make a post hit post quick reply

Get a pop up telling me that I will lose my edits if I leave the page.
Are you still having this problem? My Quick Reply seems to be working fine and does not give me any notifications or pop ups.

Please keep us dated! Thank you.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:28 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mooney_driver
I can see their join date and number of posts but no location.

In the last 7 days I have 8 emails listing the threads I am subscribed too. I should get 300 per day! When will that be fixed so that I again get email notification to ALL of the threads that I am subscribed to that had activity...like I got before you fixed things?
Remember that you won't get an e-mail for EVERY posts that are being made from one forum until the site detects that you have check them. Once they notify you once, it should stop emailing you about the same forum...so that it doesn't flood your inbox. Therefore, unless all 300 forums that you are subscribed to has new posts, you shouldn't be getting 300 per day.

That being said, are you not receiving ANY notifications from the forums that you are subscribed to that have new posts? You shouldn't be receiving 2-3 from the same forum but at least one to notify you that there are new posts being made. Is this the problem that you are running into?
Old 08-19-2013, 12:45 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mooney_driver
I can see their join date and number of posts but no location.

In the last 7 days I have 8 emails listing the threads I am subscribed too. I should get 300 per day! When will that be fixed so that I again get email notification to ALL of the threads that I am subscribed to that had activity...like I got before you fixed things?
Originally Posted by mongo
same here, join date, number of post, no location data, even on my own posts.
win 7 pro
seamonkey 2.20
Originally Posted by patrnflyr
Nope, can't see any locations at all. I'm sure I have something turned off but have no clue where to look to find it. Any help would be appreciated.
Originally Posted by thepamster
I find that the poster's location, as in where they live, is only present after the initial post. After that it is gone.
Originally Posted by WILDCRASHWILLY
I agree with previous posters in that location would be nice to see.

Thanks,
Originally Posted by neilrether
Today I did receive email notifications of forums I'm subscribed to. GOOD WORK!. But I too would like to see the location of the poster, City, State, Country.
Originally Posted by Xairflyer
why is there no locations coming up beside the members name and avatar
Originally Posted by Xairflyer
Still wondering why no members locations shown beside their name/avatar, real pain when you wasted your time giving details about something and then discover where they are it dosnt apply or they cant get it?

I have reported this to Tech. Will get back to you as soon as I hear back from them. Thank you for your patience!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:01 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by airraptor
When you go to a members profile and what to send him an PM you click on the litttle PM icon and it takes you to your home page where you have to search for hte guys name. can u fix it so it is like it was. just click it and goes to email him right away
Are you still having this issue? It should lead directly to a page where you can message him once you click on "Send Private Message" that's located on the left side of their profile page.

It works fine with mine, please double check to make sure if this problem is still occurring for you and keep me updated! Thank you!
Old 08-19-2013, 01:08 PM
thepamster

The "location" problem appears to be fixed.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:11 PM
AMA 74894

is there a way to directly upload VIDEO specifically? (without first uploading to you tube / external URL) ?
I've got a couple members in the kit building forum who are SURE they used to be able to upload a video directly (as you would with a photo)
the only option I've been able to find is to add a video URL, but nothing to upload directly.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:15 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by LDHFlyguy
Starting a couple weeks ago I have been getting emails like "Dear LDHFlyguy, You are subscribed to the forum ----------------------------------------, there have been ___ new thread(s) and ___ updated thread(s). They say I'm subscribed to a variety of forums that I've never been subscribed to. In fact I'm only subscribed to 1 forum. How do I stop the notifications? I've looked around the site for a link/button/menu to do this.
We have a new auto-subscription setting where if you have ever visited or made a comment on a forum, it automatically subscribes you without you manually subscribe to them.

To change the auto-subscription setting, go to your SETTINGS, GENERAL SETTINGS, Messaging & Notification, and change Default Thread Subscription Mode to DO NOT SUBSCRIBE, and click SAVE CHANGES at the bottom.

To the ones that you are already subscribed to, you'll have to go in that forum and just unsubscribe.

Let me know if this works for you.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:16 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by thepamster
The "location" problem appears to be fixed.

Awesome. Thank you for keeping us updated.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:21 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by BadSplice
Are you guys going to do anything about the apperance of the site?

The control bars at the top of forum pages take up too much space and are redundant....

The dark blue dividing bars look terrible and no one wants them, please make them go away.

All the blocky boxes around the user info at the left of post looks like a filled in form, terrible and tacky.

You guys had a good looking site before, for what insane reason did you decide to do THIS to it ?!?

Thank you, your suggestions are noted. We will keep you updated if there are going to be any changes on the appearance of the site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.