Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Old 08-20-2013, 02:55 PM
JohnB96041

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My problem seems to be fixed. Thanks.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:56 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Airplanes400
Just got this today ... another damned email notification to a thread I'm NOT subscribed to !!!

Dear Airplanes400,

Terry Holston has just replied to a thread you have
subscribed to entitled - 1/4 scale F9F Panther build - in the RC Jets forum of
RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes,
rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and
more.

This thread is located
at:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-new-post.html

Here
is the message that has just been posted:
*You guys quit
working on these since Joe got his flying?????

John??????????????

Sysiek???????????????

Inquiring Minds
wanna Know.............*

There may also be other
replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the
forum again.

All the best,
RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums
for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric
helis, rc electric planes and more

Have you never visited this site before? Also, have you already customize your Subscription Notification frequency and options setting?

Please try to unsubscribe and let us know if you continue to receive e-mails from unsubscribed forums. Thank you.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:57 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by JohnB96041
My problem seems to be fixed. Thanks.
Great, thank you for letting us know.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:10 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by BadAzzMaxx
Has the forum featured add in the for sell section going to work now or am I missing something, They do not show up for me.????

Milton
Custom marketplace ads are now displaying. Keep us updated! Thank you.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:34 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by kwblake
Hey folks. So far, so good. Still like the new look. Wish there weren't so many unhappy people.
That's good to hear. Thank you.

Originally Posted by kwblake
Any way, one small thing I would like to see in the future, ( when the big problems are fixed ) is a small box, we could check off, and "mark as read" in My Forums, and relating to "Subscribed Threads with new posts". When we get emails, telling us about new posts, and use the link to go to that post, we still have to go to the last post through My Forums, to get rid of the notification in My Forums. I sure hope this makes sense to you.
We have been working on the notification links and your other suggestions have been noted. Thank you.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:49 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Scar
The above is not the whole post I'm quoting. It goes like the following:
Quoting ScaleOnly4Me, post 738

why all the stickies havbe to appear at the top of every page in the page lists of forum threads? as in page 1, 2 3, 4

and response from IBpark:

That is just the way the software functions. Stickies always go on top! =)

and answer by ScaleOnlyForMe:

Not true,, on most forums (vbullitin too) stickies are only present on the first page of the forums

My thought: I'm with ScaleOnly4Me. I went to the Kit Building Forum, and had to scroll down a screen to see anything. First on the list was the SubForum: Kit Manufacturer Direct Support, and I didn't wish to visit there. Further down, two stickies that really don't need to be stickies ("Where did all the kits go?" and "Wing Load Calculator"), neither of which I wanted to visit.
Then on the next page... there's the sub forum again, and the two sticky posts. Once again, I didn't wish to visit them on the first page, and you certainly didn't need to insert them again on the second page.

If I had wanted to see them, I'd have done that on the first page of the thread. Waste of space on the subsequent pages.

And while I'm endorsing suggestions from others: quoting BadSplice, post #7752, this forum:

When you go to a forum, all you see is control bars and ads... you actually have to scroll down the page to see ANY of the actual forum.... do we really need 4 different control bars at the top of the page? and 2 rows of ads spaced out between them?

My comment: Agree! How about putting some content on the page that appears before you scroll down!
Originally Posted by aeajr
I agree about the Stickies - they should be on first page only. If I did not want to read them on page one, I don't want to read them on page 2.

RCG - Stickies on first page only
Flying Giants - Stickies on first page only

Wattflyer - Stickies on every page

First page only please.

Stickies are now set to display only on PAGE 1.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:50 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by IBpark
Please try to logout from the main site on your phone and it should clear out the cookie. If that does not work, please try to erase cookies/cache and then try again.
Thanks!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:21 PM
pkoury
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RCadmin
the latest (most recent) posts are always shown first
How can I set my preferences to show the original post first so I can read them in order. Not used to starting at the last post and reading backwards.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:27 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you never visited this site before? Also, have you already customize your Subscription Notification frequency and options setting?

Please try to unsubscribe and let us know if you continue to receive e-mails from unsubscribed forums. Thank you.
I went through the UNSUBSCRIBE process days before this happened. All my statuses are listed as NONE for every thread. Plus, the notification I got was to a thread that wasn't even on my list!! I even checked a second time before posting this problem, so as not to waste your time. Despite everything I did, I still got the notification email.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:33 AM
Airplanes400

Tech team has reported back stating that "this is a bit of a long-tail use-case and we don't have a good proposed solution outside of decreasing size of everyone's username. If a user has a non-breaking long username that exceeds characters for the allotted space, we let it run across the border rather than re-adjusting the display properties for everyone else viewing that thread. IE. This is handled as gracefully as it can."
I was thinking that reducing the size of the font for the user name would be the obvious solution ... perhaps just by 2 or 3? The current font size does appear to be larger than necessary.

Last edited by Airplanes400; 08-21-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:52 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Stickies are not set to display only on PAGE 1.
You meant to say "now" I believe,,,

maybe reported before??

Can anything be done with the "forum jump" or as it called here "quick navigation"

With the old system when you clicked the drop down menu, you'd start the Nav from the forum you were in, so if you only wanted to go down a couple forums with in that section it was quick, with the new system you start at the (top) first forum of the site and then must scroll all the way down to the section you're looking to jump to.. ,, this is anything but Quick Navigation,

Thanks for the work you've been doing and responding to all the questions and complaints
Old 08-21-2013, 04:02 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Someone has probably mentioned it already but the thumbnails when you post attachments/pictures could do with some spacing looks bad when they are all tight together
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	agm 009.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	1911063   Click image for larger version

Name:	agm 013s.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	1911065   Click image for larger version

Name:	agm 008.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	1911066  

Last edited by Xairflyer; 08-21-2013 at 04:08 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:07 AM
crispyspa

I went through the UNSUBSCRIBE process days before this happened. All my statuses are listed as NONE for every thread. Plus, the notification I got was to a thread that wasn't even on my list!! I even checked a second time before posting this problem, so as not to waste your time. Despite everything I did, I still got the notification email.
Same problem here. I took it a step further and unticked the auto subscribe radio button too. Maybe I did something wrong.
This changeover is akin to the Wiindows Vista OS debacle. Microsoft knew when they released Vista that it was riddled with problems, yet they released it anyway.

Where is the "preview" button for the replies? Ah...there it is, only in the Advanced mode.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:30 AM
BadSplice

I still strongly think we should get back the picture viewing interface that we had before. Click on pic to enlarge, click again to shrink. Best interface that existed on the net. The new one is like a bad version of what other forums have.

If we cant have the good interface back, and please give us that..... but if we cant, can we at least have it set to where you can click on the right or left side of the image to scroll through them, instead of the little tiny arrow buttons at the bottom that move every time a pic re-sizes....
Old 08-21-2013, 07:39 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I received this error when trying to access the forum earlier on my smartphone:
Response Error.

Technical description:
502 Bad Gateway - Response Error, a bad response was received from another proxy server or the destination origin server.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:49 AM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BadSplice
I still strongly think we should get back the picture viewing interface that we had before. Click on pic to enlarge, click again to shrink. Best interface that existed on the net. The new one is like a bad version of what other forums have.

If we cant have the good interface back, and please give us that..... but if we cant, can we at least have it set to where you can click on the right or left side of the image to scroll through them, instead of the little tiny arrow buttons at the bottom that move every time a pic re-sizes....
Moderators.....
I got an email notifying me of this post.....fine, I am subscribed.

BUT.....here is the problem....
I click the link in the email and am taken to page 10 of 23 pages....not to the post that generated the email.
I was not logged in at the time....but I was logged in automatically when I arrived on page 10.
No more problems with login....thanks!
Also....the PM is still fouled up....see previous posts about duplicate messages in sent and inbox.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:34 AM
WarbirdPilots
My Feedback: (209)

I keep getting subscription thread updates in my email even though I am not subscribed to those particular threads. I went into my subscriptions and am not subscribe to any of the threads I am getting. Please correct this as it is filling up my inbox and very inconvenient.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:51 AM
Airplanes400

I'm giving up ... this so-called "upgrade" is a total disaster!
Obviously there was no testing done prior to releasing this problematic version, otherwise these issues would have been identified & addressed by the IB team BEFORE releasing this vBulliten version.

Internet Brands has now turned all the members (us) into their testing/reporting "technicians." This is unacceptable.

Plus, half the time the Edit Post button doesn't work!

To top it off, this three year old picture is back as the "Shot of the moment"
I mean ... REALLY?!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3c65eb43a0956109e9cac996a53594bb.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	1911200  

Last edited by Airplanes400; 08-21-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:53 AM
IBxAnders

I'm giving up ... this so-called "upgrade" is a total disaster!
Obviously there was no testing done prior to releasing this problematic version, otherwise these issues would have been identified & addressed by the IB team.

Internet Brands has now turned all the members (us) into their testing/reporting "technicians."

This is unacceptable.
What is the exact issue you are having? We are addressing all issues being reported.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:01 AM
JohnB96041

Originally Posted by Dave Harmon
Moderators.....
I got an email notifying me of this post.....fine, I am subscribed.

BUT.....here is the problem....
I click the link in the email and am taken to page 10 of 23 pages....not to the post that generated the email.
I was not logged in at the time....but I was logged in automatically when I arrived on page 10.
No more problems with login....thanks!
Also....the PM is still fouled up....see previous posts about duplicate messages in sent and inbox.
I had the very same problem. Here was my solution: If you are using IE8 or IE9 go to tools, internet options, general tab, under brouser settings click on settings, view files. Select all cookies and delete them. Once that is done log off RCU, close IE, reboot your system. It fixed by email problem. Now when I click a link in email, it takes me to the last post. That is what I want......
Old 08-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IBxAnders
What is the exact issue you are having? We are addressing all issues being reported.
So far I have not seen any response from Moderators on the duplicate PM problem...ie....the same message is in the 'sent' as in the receive...or 'inbox.'
Also....every email I get for this subscription takes me to page 10.....wrong....it should take me to this page post 904.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:11 AM
edessa

The 40 plus emails per day for threads I do not subscribe to is getting old very fast. Please fix. I have block Rcunivers and in 7 days will cancel my account if not fixed. There are some thing that don't need upgrading.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:17 AM
staffan

SO I am not the only one who gets daily e-mail reports about forum changes, w/o having subscribed to anything . This started all of a sudden about a week ago and is Very irritating !

Last edited by staffan; 08-21-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:38 AM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I seem to be subscribed to each and every thread on every forum. Every time there is a new post, I get notified
Old 08-21-2013, 10:38 AM
kthmarks

I am receiving email notifications for forums that I am not now or have ever subscribed to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.