Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Old 08-21-2013, 10:42 AM
underh2o2long

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting email to forums I am NOT subscribed to.... example below....

Dear underh2o2long,

You are subscribed to the forum Aerodynamics, there have been 1 new thread(s) and 3 updated thread(s).
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76
Old 08-21-2013, 10:43 AM
lovedr

Im receiving about 50 emails regarding different Subscriptions that I dont subscribe to. please fix ASAP.

thanks
Old 08-21-2013, 10:47 AM
Lloyd
My Feedback: (1)

I keep getting inundated with emails about thread updates to which I have no subscription. Do I have to cancel my account to stop these?
Old 08-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I can't unsubscribe fast enough. I should go out to the flying field.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:58 AM
planepoke

Default Help with forum spam please

PLEASE HELP!
Hello. The forum keeps spamming me with email. For some reason every thread I have ever posted in keeps sending me individual emails with "updates." It started recently, and I can't turn it off!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Lins

I'm getting notification of new posts, 2 email today from new posts in the Batteries and Chargers section, but can't turn it off? I don't even see where I'm subscribed to that forum, others though and my threads, but not that one. The unsubscribe link doesnt quite go to the correct page, either. Thanks
Old 08-21-2013, 11:02 AM
James347

I am done with this forum. Tried to delete my account to see if that would fix the spamming problem. Nope. Still got emails saying I am subscribed. I am now going to try deleting again, but this time I will go ahead and log into my email service and have it blacklisted. I am done.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:07 AM
BadSplice

Originally Posted by Airplanes400
I'm giving up ... this so-called "upgrade" is a total disaster!
Obviously there was no testing done prior to releasing this problematic version, otherwise these issues would have been identified & addressed by the IB team BEFORE releasing this vBulliten version.

Internet Brands has now turned all the members (us) into their testing/reporting "technicians." This is unacceptable.

Plus, half the time the Edit Post button doesn't work!

To top it off, this three year old picture is back as the "Shot of the moment"
I mean ... REALLY?!!
Originally Posted by IBxAnders
What is the exact issue you are having? We are addressing all issues being reported.
I think the problem he is having is that we are having to report all these issues in the first place. I think what he is saying is that reporting a bug now and then is one thing, but a product that has been released to the users should not have this many bugs to report. In essence we are preforming the job of software testers, instead of just being able to enjoy our site. These bugs should have been worked out prior to release.

For my own part, the site actually worked better for me before all this. I must have been one of the lucky few there. I hear the mods saying that they thought it was more broken before, and I realize its too late now to go back, but I think it would have been worth staying with the old software another month to work some more of this out...
Old 08-21-2013, 11:32 AM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by James347
I am done with this forum. Tried to delete my account to see if that would fix the spamming problem. Nope. Still got emails saying I am subscribed. I am now going to try deleting again, but this time I will go ahead and log into my email service and have it blacklisted. I am done.
Originally Posted by Lins
I'm getting notification of new posts, 2 email today from new posts in the Batteries and Chargers section, but can't turn it off? I don't even see where I'm subscribed to that forum, others though and my threads, but not that one. The unsubscribe link doesnt quite go to the correct page, either. Thanks
Originally Posted by planepoke
PLEASE HELP!
Hello. The forum keeps spamming me with email. For some reason every thread I have ever posted in keeps sending me individual emails with "updates." It started recently, and I can't turn it off!
Originally Posted by Lloyd
I keep getting inundated with emails about thread updates to which I have no subscription. Do I have to cancel my account to stop these?
Originally Posted by Tom Nied
I can't unsubscribe fast enough. I should go out to the flying field.
Originally Posted by lovedr
Im receiving about 50 emails regarding different Subscriptions that I dont subscribe to. please fix ASAP.

thanks
Originally Posted by underh2o2long
I am getting email to forums I am NOT subscribed to.... example below....

Dear underh2o2long,

You are subscribed to the forum Aerodynamics, there have been 1 new thread(s) and 3 updated thread(s).
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76
Originally Posted by kthmarks
I am receiving email notifications for forums that I am not now or have ever subscribed to.
Originally Posted by pettit
I seem to be subscribed to each and every thread on every forum. Every time there is a new post, I get notified
Originally Posted by staffan
SO I am not the only one who gets daily e-mail reports about forum changes, w/o having subscribed to anything . This started all of a sudden about a week ago and is Very irritating !
Originally Posted by edessa
The 40 plus emails per day for threads I do not subscribe to is getting old very fast. Please fix. I have block Rcunivers and in 7 days will cancel my account if not fixed. There are some thing that don't need upgrading.
Originally Posted by TwinTurboZ
I keep getting subscription thread updates in my email even though I am not subscribed to those particular threads. I went into my subscriptions and am not subscribe to any of the threads I am getting. Please correct this as it is filling up my inbox and very inconvenient.

Have you already customized your Subscription Notification frequency and options??
If you have not already, please try: Settings > General Settings > Default Thread Subscription Mode

Once you visit or make a comment on a forum or a thread, it auto-subscribes you without you manually subscribing them yourself.

To change the auto-subscription setting, go to your SETTINGS, GENERAL SETTINGS, Messaging & Notification, and change Default Thread Subscription Mode to DO NOT SUBSCRIBE, and click SAVE CHANGES at the bottom.

Please check to make sure the forums that are sending you e-mail notifications are NOT on your list of subscription/subscribed.

Please let us know if the same problem occurrs even after you've tried everything above!

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:41 AM
larrwill
My Feedback: (3)

I seem to have been subscribed to all forums. Unsubscribing does not seem to help and I keep getting subscription email.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:43 AM
cevans

I was suddenly subscribed to many forums today. I am getting a ton of emails. I do not want to be subscribed to ANY forums and it is taking forever to unsubscribe one by one. Please delete me from ALL forums immediately.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:50 AM
www.MKSservosUSA.com

Originally Posted by staffan
SO I am not the only one who gets daily e-mail reports about forum changes, w/o having subscribed to anything . This started all of a sudden about a week ago and is Very irritating !
+1 more
Old 08-21-2013, 11:50 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeh, did this and more and I am still getting spammed. You guys are starting to sound like Nancy Pelosi and the health care bill. " We need to pass this before we know whats wrong with it"
Originally Posted by IBpark
Have you already customized your Subscription Notification frequency and options??
If you have not already, please try: Settings > General Settings > Default Thread Subscription Mode

Once you visit or make a comment on a forum or a thread, it auto-subscribes you without you manually subscribing them yourself.

To change the auto-subscription setting, go to your SETTINGS, GENERAL SETTINGS, Messaging & Notification, and change Default Thread Subscription Mode to DO NOT SUBSCRIBE, and click SAVE CHANGES at the bottom.

Please check to make sure the forums that are sending you e-mail notifications are NOT on your list of subscription/subscribed.

Please let us know if the same problem occurrs even after you've tried everything above!

Old 08-21-2013, 11:52 AM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dave Harmon
So far I have not seen any response from Moderators on the duplicate PM problem...ie....the same message is in the 'sent' as in the receive...or 'inbox.'
Also....every email I get for this subscription takes me to page 10.....wrong....it should take me to this page post 904.

Originally Posted by Sparhawk
My inbox is behaving the exact same way... not good.

Dan

Originally Posted by Dave Harmon
....I see the same PM messages in 'sent' as I do in 'Inbox.....ie...my sent messages are duplicated and received messages are as well.....both send and receive messages are in both folders....yikes. Dave

I have reported this problem to tech. We've tested and we cannot seem to reproduce this problem. What browser are you using? How often does this problem occur? Could you be able to provide us with some kind of image or screenshot?

We've been trying our best to respond to every posted issues, and sometime it make take some time to find a solution, but we are definitely trying to address all the problems that are getting reported! Thank you for your patience.

Also, I have responded to your PM problem post before, asking the questions above, waiting for your answer.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we need more details about the problem because when we test this out on our side, everything is looking normal- therefore it is hard for us to reproduce this problem.

Also, the e-mail notification problem has been reported! Thank you for your contribution.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:55 AM
planepoke

I have tried all of your suggestions. None of it works! I check on my settings and it shows I am NOT subscribed to any forums, yet I still keep getting these spam emails all day! Here is an example of the type of email I get:

Dear planepoke,

You are subscribed to the forum IMAC, there have been 0 new thread(s) and 1 updated thread(s).
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88

The following threads are new:

The following threads have been updated:
Pilot and Instrument panel
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...php?t=11422118
In forum: IMAC
Started by: RickP
Last post: 08-20-2013 10:40 AM

All the best,
RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and more

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this forum, please visit this page:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/subs...8afc82b5cf4122
Old 08-21-2013, 11:59 AM
planepoke

and another:
Dear planepoke,

You are subscribed to the forum Engine Conversions, there have been 0 new thread(s) and 2 updated thread(s).
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92

Which engine/string trimmer should I get?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...php?t=11584925
In forum: Engine Conversions
Started by: rash_powder
Last post: 08-20-2013 10:42 AM
Super tiger 2300- gas
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show....php?t=5550647
In forum: Engine Conversions
Started by: KenLambert
Last post: 08-21-2013 05:48 AM

All the best,
RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and more

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/subs...8bd11a299fd910
Old 08-21-2013, 11:59 AM
planepoke

and another:
Dear planepoke,

You are subscribed to the forum Crash & Rebuild, there have been 0 new thread(s) and 1 updated thread(s).
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Assessing Electronics after a Crash
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...php?t=11585037
In forum: Crash & Rebuild
Started by: aircraftbuilder67
Last post: 08-20-2013 03:28 PM

All the best,

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/subs...276dc7984cff06
Old 08-21-2013, 12:00 PM
planepoke

and another
Dear planepoke,

You are subscribed to the forum Events, Shows and Fun Fly's - Airplanes, there have been 1 new thread(s) and 3 updated thread(s).
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100

Interview With Sean D. Tucker Embracing RC Flyers and Awesome Interview!!!!!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...php?t=11585388
In forum: Events, Shows and Fun Fly's - Airplanes Started by: RCHS1 Last post: 08-20-2013 08:39 PM

Air Supremacy over Elkhart, Indiana Sept. 12-14, 2013
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...php?t=11584757
In forum: Events, Shows and Fun Fly's - Airplanes Started by: spadsriver09 Last post: 08-20-2013 05:28 PM
22 RC Clubs info and events on 1 site RCHOUSTON.COM
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...php?t=11551481
In forum: Events, Shows and Fun Fly's - Airplanes Started by: RCHS1 Last post: 08-20-2013 06:19 PM
25th Annaul**B-17 Gathering & Scale Big Bird Fly-In** Bomber Field Monaville, TX Sept 20/21- 2013
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...php?t=11582052
In forum: Events, Shows and Fun Fly's - Airplanes Started by: RCHS1 Last post: 08-20-2013 06:19 PM

All the best,

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/subs...a1fd860f4e1fd5
Old 08-21-2013, 12:02 PM
viper1

Originally Posted by Lloyd
Originally Posted by Lins

Me too
Old 08-21-2013, 12:07 PM
F14

I hope this is a joke.
It seems I'm subscribed to forums that I'm not interested into, I've never visited them (at least not in latest years) and they're not in my subscription list, 'Aerodynamics' for example.
And the worst is that the unsubscribe link is not working as I get this error:

An invalid threadid or forumid was specified.

the unsubscribe link for 'Aerodynamics' is
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/subs...0d148e474ba47f but I get the above error.
I hope that you'll be able to fix all these problems.

Angelo
Old 08-21-2013, 12:09 PM
planepoke

And another:

Dear planepoke,

You are subscribed to the forum Events, Shows and Fun Fly's - Airplanes, there have been 1 new thread(s) and 3 updated thread(s).

In forum: Events, Shows and Fun Fly's - Airplanes Started by: RCHS1 Last post: 08-20-2013 08:39 PM

In forum: Events, Shows and Fun Fly's - Airplanes Started by: spadsriver09 Last post: 08-20-2013 05:28 PM
25th Annaul**B-17 Gathering & Scale Big Bird Fly-In** Bomber Field Monaville, TX Sept 20/21- 2013

All the best,

Old 08-21-2013, 12:09 PM
ddc

I'm having the same problem, no threads are subscribed to but I keep getting messages telling me that a thread has been updated. When I click on the "to unsubscribe from this thread ...." link it takes me to a page which says the thread can't be found.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:10 PM
planepoke

and another:

Dear planepoke,

All the best,

Old 08-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Ozmodeller

Still constantly receiving subscription email notifications that I am not subscribed to, please make them stop.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:12 PM
ply68
My Feedback: (29)

I get bombarded with forum updates from all forum topics. I will have to shutdown my rconline account if this continues.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.