Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 01:14 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IBpark
There is no edit timer while you are making changes or editing posts. It auto-saves it but does not publicly post it until you click the "save" button.

You do have around 60 days after you post your message to go back to it to make any necessary changes.

Well there is a timer because seconds after I posted a message I made an edit and updated the post and there was no "Post Last Edited by (user name) at (time/date stamp)". I then made another edit on the same post 40 seconds later and updated the post and the "Post Last Edited" message appeared.
Other vbulliten sites have that time limit set rather high so a user can make corrections to a post without having the "Post Last Edited" stamp appear. It's understood after a few hours or days the post would be stamped as edited after an edit.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:48 PM
JohnB96041

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now another problem/issue: I am getting double emails with the same link. Neither email/link takes me to the last post on the last page. Takes me to the page where I last posted. Problem still not fixed.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:00 PM
neilrether

Originally Posted by IBpark
Hello,

Have you tried reading and following instructions that were posted on this thread?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...l#post11598083
Yea. Done all of that multiple times. Guess I'll try it one more time, then I'm gone.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scar
Here's a fresh flaw.

I was in the Kit Building forum, and went to the "Search This Forum" button. Typed in "Hostetler" and got responses from many other forums. The list is here, copied from the message that came up:
Type: Posts; Keyword(s): Hostetler; Forum: Kit Building, Kit Manufacturer Direct Support Forum, Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore and child forums

Please advise, did you intend for the "Search THIS Forum" button to return hits from other forums?

Dave Olson
Moderators.....

I clicked the link in the email I received for this message #1174 and it took me right to the correct post even though it was almost 7 hours later and there were 4 more posts.
I was logged in but did not have an open browser at the time I clicked the link.(IE9)
Whatever is happening does not affect me as long as I am logged in.
BTW....there is an auto-save approx every 1 minuite.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:43 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Having problems saving posts or edits

I had this problem on RCU before the upgrades. Have not had this on other forums so it is not browser based.

I started a thread this morning. Posted it.

Then edited the first post but when I clicked save ... nothing happened. I waited 20 seconds and clicked save again. Nothing.

I refreshed and all of my edits were gone. Fortunately I have gotten into the habit, only on RCU, to copy my posts before I hit save as this was a characteristic of RCU before the new software.

I also had this happen yesterday with a new post into an existing thread, twice.

Please see what you can do to address this. Most annoying and if I had not copied my post it would be lost. And some of my posts take as much as 15 minutes to research and to write so losing them really upsets me.

Win 7, IE 10.

Last edited by aeajr; 08-31-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:11 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Subscribed Message Count Incorrect

I am subscribed to for example, Club Enya under Glow Engines under Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums.

When I get a Reply to 'Club Enya' E-mail dated Sun, 01 Sep 2013 11:49:29 +0000 and click on the link after "This thread is located at:"

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...8&goto=newpost

It takes me to message as of 08-20-2013, 09:35 PM, #2045 on Page 82, instead of the very last message on Page 84 which is as of Today (09-01-2013), 05:49 AM, #2077. The count is (2077 minus 2045 equals) 32 messages off.

This is from clicking the E-mail link in Firefox browser, Yahoo E-mail web page. However if I click on the same link above that was copied from my E-mail, after I submitted this message in RCUniverse, it correctly displays the most recent message.

It seems to only happen when it is the very first time that I enter RCUniverse from the outside. However if I am already logged in, or recently logged in, it takes me to the correct last message. It appears to be a problem with the automatic login process.

Last edited by GallopingGhostler; 09-01-2013 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Add additional info that may help.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:13 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Default Private Message Replies always being auto quoted?

Am I the only one that has this happen, or believes the new PM software default has been poorly set up?

When looking in my PM Inbox, I clicked on a new message to read it. When the message opens, the Quick Reply box below the message is automatically filled with the quote of the entire PM. Not sure this was by design or is actually a mistake, but it is an added inconvenience, & the old messaging system never quoted a PM automatically every time one was simply opened up for reading or to reply, & only did it when you manually selected to quote the original PM in a reply. I checked throughout my forum settings, & did not see anything which could be changed to correct this less than desirable automatic quoting functioning.

Even if I assume the PM Quick Reply box is now automatically being filled with the entire message quote for "convenience", because RCU administration believes most people will want to quote an entire PM in all of their replies, if I click on the Go Advanced button to create a new PM reply instead (believing & hoping the reply box will be a blank slate for me to write my new message without having a quote), the reply box is once again filled with a quote of the entire original message!

If the Quick Reply box is always going to contain an entire message quote for any reply, then the Go Advanced button when clicked to create a reply message, certainly should not automatically quote the PM in the new reply box, that reply box should remain blank. Besides there should be a link or button in the Inbox messaging system when you first open any message, which is clicked to create a quoted reply if you wanted to create an advanced quoted reply at all anyway.

So now, if I don't want to quote the original PM at all in any one of my replies, I have to manually select all the text from the reply boxes (of either the Quick Reply or Go Advanced reply box choices) & delete it before starting to write my new replies ... this is a waste of time & an inconvenience to everyone that wants to reply without quoting the original PM, & defeats the whole purpose of having an easy one click link to create a quoted reply if you want one in the first place.

After getting rid of this inconvenient automatic PM quoting that is being done, as another convenience, on the PM Go Advanced reply page, there should then also be a link or button added to quote the original message anyway, just in case someone who wasn't going to quote the original message at first, then decides that they do want to quote it. Because isn't one of the whole benefits to changing over to a new forum software, being able to provide more convenience for the users, not less? The way the PM reply system is currently set up, it's definitely less convenient than the way the old forum handled it!
Old 09-01-2013, 05:46 PM
JohnB96041

Has everyone given up or has everything been fixed?
Old 09-01-2013, 07:17 PM
tkline

Given up I just clicked on the email link and it took me to page 3 like normal
Old 09-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Hossfly

I am unable to post in my any forum. It says I can but it does not happen. WHAT the HELL is wrong?
Old 09-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Dave Harmon

Lemme see Hoss.....I'll bet this post gets posted.

It did....must be something bout them Texicans....kaff....
Seriously....things seem to be working ok for me now.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:54 AM
Craig B.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Reply with quote button is not working for me. Mac OS 10.8.4.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Dave Harmon

Originally Posted by Craig B.
Reply with quote button is not working for me. Mac OS 10.8.4.
Works great for me.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

I decided to subscribe to some forums. (Earlier, in frustration, I unsubscribed from most of "My Forums".)

The Old Way: Go to the forums, go through the list and click on the ones you want to subscribe, unclick the ones you don't. Click on Enter, and you're all done. Leave the "All Forums" mode and go browse.

The way I just tried: Go to the Forums (Finally figured out it was the link above the dropdown link list, haven't found another) and find a forum you want on your "My Forums" list.

Click the check mark.

- when the next page finishes loading, click on the button that says yes, I really wanted to subscribe...

- when the next page finishes loading, I find myself at the forum I just subscribed.

- since that's not where I want to be, I navigate back to the "Forums"

- when it finally loads, I scroll down until I find another forum to which I want to subscribe.

- click the check mark, and the last four page loads and actions commence again. This repeats for every forum I want to add to "My Forums."

This is not an improvement.

I believe your "How things work" post even warned me, there is no feature for "Bulk Forum Management." Conservatively, I'll be loading and selecting My Forums a couple at a time for the next week or two. An improvement would be to provide for Bulk Management of Forums.

Best wishes,
Dave Olson
Old 09-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I like the old "Report" link better as it had priorities whereas this new one doesn't. I just reported a thread for nudity as this is still a PG-rated site so normally that would go as Urgent.
No guys, I'm not going to tell you where it's at!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:34 PM
hookedonrc

This may have already been reported. When I click on a highlighted link to another thread or site, the formatting disappears. This means I can only click on it once without leaving and coming back.

please disregard this post. Link still works even without format showing.

Last edited by hookedonrc; 09-02-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:57 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Default Create a new Forum entitled "Report Bugs in new VBulletin"

Just a suggestion here as I've see users reply to this thread with their issues and their posts go unnoticed .
From a management viewpoint it's difficult to see how this 'sticky" is productive . It would seem to be difficult for a tech(s) to come here and work on issues when users are posting different issues all of the time.
For me it would be much more productive to create a forum entitled "Report bugs in new VBulletin" and then have a sticky instructing users how to title their threads and explain their issues. This way a user can title their thread with the specific problem they are having and provide detailed info in the body of the message. When another user comes into the forum they can scan the thread titles and see if their problem has been posted and then post their reply with their specific info/problem to that specific thread . If not they can start a new thread with their problem, etc...etc.. A tech(s) can come into the forum and work on a specific problem and update the progress within that thread and when it''s been resolved ...close the thread .
Old 09-02-2013, 05:37 PM
hookedonrc

I think this is a great suggestion!
Old 09-02-2013, 07:44 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

report this again, as no mention of it has been seen.

is there an iron clad reason why in a forum such as jets, which has a large number of sub forums, that the sub forum list must appear on each page of the main forum? on my screen that wastes about 1/6 of the screen with stuff i have NEVER clicked on, new or old RCU version.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:54 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

besides the site being overall rather slow tonight, now i get the following trying to access the marketplace:

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request
Session is invalid

The error occurred in D:\RCU\Application.cfm: line 19

17 :
18 :
19 : sessiontimeout="#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,40,0)#">
20 : <cfif IsDefined("session.CFID") and IsDefined("session.CFTOKEN")>
21 : <cfif NOT IsDefined("cookie.cfid") OR NOT IsDefined("cookie.cftoken") OR (isDefined("session.CFToken") and cookie.cftoken IS NOT session.CFToken)>

Resources:

Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0 SeaMonkey/2.20
Remote Address 69.155.180.5
Referrer http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/
Date/Time 02-Sep-13 09:50 PM
Stack Trace
at cfApplication2ecfm487598240.runPage(D:\RCU\Applica tion.cfm:19)

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Session is invalid
at jrun.servlet.session.JRunSession.checkSessionValid ity(JRunSession.java:397)
at jrun.servlet.session.JRunSession.get*****activeInt erval(JRunSession.java:111)
at coldfusion.runtime.J2eeSessionScope.Set*****active Interval(J2eeSessionScope.java:96)
at coldfusion.runtime.AppHelper.setupJ2eeSessionScope (AppHelper.java:582)
at coldfusion.runtime.AppHelper.setupSessionScope(App Helper.java:637)
at coldfusion.tagext.lang.ApplicationTag.doStartTag(A pplicationTag.java:294)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTcfTag(CfJspPag e.java:2722)
at cfApplication2ecfm487598240.runPage(D:\RCU\Applica tion.cfm:19)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java :231)
at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(Inclu deTag.java:416)
at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(Cfinclude Filter.java:65)
at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.include(Cfinclud eFilter.java:33)
at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(Applica tionFilter.java:261)
at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(Requ estMonitorFilter.java:48)
at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(Monitori ngFilter.java:40)
at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.jav a:87)
at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(Exception Filter.java:70)
at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.inv oke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilt er.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilt er.java:46)
at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilt er.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(Datasour ceFilter.java:22)
at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilt er.java:53)
at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:200)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(Boot strapServlet.java:89)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java :86)
at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.d oFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(Boot strapFilter.java:46)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.doFilter(FilterChain.java :94)
at jrun.servlet.FilterChain.service(FilterChain.java: 101)
at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker. java:106)
at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvok erChain.java:42)
at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequ estDispatcher.java:286)
at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(Servlet EngineService.java:543)
at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable( JRunProxyService.java:203)
at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invok eRunnable(ThreadPool.java:320)
at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRu nnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeR unnable(ThreadPool.java:266)
at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java :66)
Old 09-03-2013, 04:01 AM
cstevenpeterson
My Feedback: (21)

With the old site, the forums that I went into would automatically be marked as "Read" whether I opened each thread or not. Now I have to clck "Mark Forum as Read" everytime. Is there a way to have this done automatically everytime I open a forum?
Old 09-03-2013, 04:45 AM
aeajr

Originally Posted by tkline
Given up I just clicked on the email link and it took me to page 3 like normal
I clicked on the e-mail notice of a post to this thread and it took me to page 3 too.

Here is the link

This thread is located at:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...2&goto=newpost

Win 7 IE 10
Old 09-03-2013, 04:57 AM
ahamay

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Just a suggestion here as I've see users reply to this thread with their issues and their posts go unnoticed .
From a management viewpoint it's difficult to see how this 'sticky" is productive . It would seem to be difficult for a tech(s) to come here and work on issues when users are posting different issues all of the time.
For me it would be much more productive to create a forum entitled "Report bugs in new VBulletin" and then have a sticky instructing users how to title their threads and explain their issues. This way a user can title their thread with the specific problem they are having and provide detailed info in the body of the message. When another user comes into the forum they can scan the thread titles and see if their problem has been posted and then post their reply with their specific info/problem to that specific thread . If not they can start a new thread with their problem, etc...etc.. A tech(s) can come into the forum and work on a specific problem and update the progress within that thread and when it''s been resolved ...close the thread .
This Sir.... is the best post so far in this thread.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:06 AM
aeajr

The forum is VERY slow today. Can't tell if links are not working or the system is crawling.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:17 AM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Great suggestion, as this thread is a mess to follow with all the issues being reported & discussed in an intertwined fashion, & some newly posted issues are definitely not getting attention because of the mess it is in trying to follow everything.

I will also suggest you should post your message as a new thread in the Suggestions forum, maybe some administrator or moderator will see it & follow through with creating a new forum, like you suggested, that will handle the mess with much better efficiency!

Regards,
Craig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.