Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 11:21 AM
IBpark
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hossfly
I am unable to post in my any forum. It says I can but it does not happen. WHAT the HELL is wrong?
Could you explain to me what is happening when you are trying to post? How does it prevent you from posting?
Old 09-05-2013, 11:22 AM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Craig B.
Reply with quote button is not working for me. Mac OS 10.8.4.
Are you still having this problem?
Old 09-05-2013, 11:32 AM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ron Olson
I like the old "Report" link better as it had priorities whereas this new one doesn't. I just reported a thread for nudity as this is still a PG-rated site so normally that would go as Urgent.
No guys, I'm not going to tell you where it's at!
Thank you for your suggestions. Although this is a fairly minor issue at the moment, it is noted.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:46 AM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by neilrether
Yea. Done all of that multiple times. Guess I'll try it one more time, then I'm gone.
Is it working for you now?
Old 09-05-2013, 11:53 AM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Well there is a timer because seconds after I posted a message I made an edit and updated the post and there was no "Post Last Edited by (user name) at (time/date stamp)". I then made another edit on the same post 40 seconds later and updated the post and the "Post Last Edited" message appeared.
Other vbulliten sites have that time limit set rather high so a user can make corrections to a post without having the "Post Last Edited" stamp appear. It's understood after a few hours or days the post would be stamped as edited after an edit.
Oh, I understand what you are saying now. This is just a standard setting and because its a core functionality, it cannot be changed.

Thank you for your understanding.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:59 AM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by mongo
report this again, as no mention of it has been seen.

is there an iron clad reason why in a forum such as jets, which has a large number of sub forums, that the sub forum list must appear on each page of the main forum? on my screen that wastes about 1/6 of the screen with stuff i have NEVER clicked on, new or old RCU version.
Thank you for your suggestions, It is noted. However, Sub-forums on each of the main forums carry different list of topics and they are not the same sub-forums on every main forum page. If it is the appearance of the list that you are having problems with, please understand that this is a core funcationality and cannot not be fixed. Thank you for understanding.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:45 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Scar
I decided to subscribe to some forums. (Earlier, in frustration, I unsubscribed from most of "My Forums".)

The Old Way: Go to the forums, go through the list and click on the ones you want to subscribe, unclick the ones you don't. Click on Enter, and you're all done. Leave the "All Forums" mode and go browse.

The way I just tried: Go to the Forums (Finally figured out it was the link above the dropdown link list, haven't found another) and find a forum you want on your "My Forums" list.

Click the check mark.

- when the next page finishes loading, click on the button that says yes, I really wanted to subscribe...

- when the next page finishes loading, I find myself at the forum I just subscribed.

- since that's not where I want to be, I navigate back to the "Forums"

- when it finally loads, I scroll down until I find another forum to which I want to subscribe.

- click the check mark, and the last four page loads and actions commence again. This repeats for every forum I want to add to "My Forums."

This is not an improvement.

I believe your "How things work" post even warned me, there is no feature for "Bulk Forum Management." Conservatively, I'll be loading and selecting My Forums a couple at a time for the next week or two. An improvement would be to provide for Bulk Management of Forums.

Best wishes,
Dave Olson

Thank you Dave, I will report this to tech and we'll see what we can do. Thank you for your understanding.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:47 PM
n233w

No bugs but wanted to point out the there is too much clutter at the top of the page. When I go to RCGroups to look at my forums, I click and I'm there and I can see the new posts/threads. But when I do the identical operation at RCU, I have scroll down because RCU wastes so much space at the top - white space, ads, stickies, whatever - I hate it. I want to see the fresh posts/threads when the page loads, not after scrolling!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:04 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by n233w
No bugs but wanted to point out the there is too much clutter at the top of the page. When I go to RCGroups to look at my forums, I click and I'm there and I can see the new posts/threads. But when I do the identical operation at RCU, I have scroll down because RCU wastes so much space at the top - white space, ads, stickies, whatever - I hate it. I want to see the fresh posts/threads when the page loads, not after scrolling!
Hello, Thank you for your suggestions.

I believe RCGroups and RCU is a different site. Either way, this appears to be a minor issue and it is unlikely that they will go through any major changes for the layout. However, your suggestions are very important to us and this has been noted.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Roguedog

It appears that the RCU website is infected with a virus.

I'm getting this virus alert from AVG every time I visit a new page ---

What is HTML/Framer?

HTML/Framer is a script type malware. If the HTML/Framer is detected while browsing websites and internet resources, it means the website or resource is infected. HTML/Framer is usually an HTML code using a legal IFRAME tag with parameters to hide the actual IFRAME content. The source of the IFRAME tag leads to other malicious remote content, usually exploits, drive-by-downloads or malicious advertisements. This is the way malware can be downloaded and activated on a host computer.

This is from AVG's website.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:30 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

what rogue said:

this started sometime after 0200 central time.
lots of pops warning of the HTML/framer.
mostly when hitting the back button.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:33 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I was getting the same warnings as well. I've sent an email to our Tech Staff so that they can address this issue first thing this morning. Our Tech Staff is on the West Coast so they should be getting in to work shortly and we should hear from them soon.

Ken
Old 09-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Oregon Craig

Originally Posted by IBpark
Hello, Thank you for your suggestions.

I believe RCGroups and RCU is a different site. Either way, this appears to be a minor issue and it is unlikely that they will go through any major changes for the layout. However, your suggestions are very important to us and this has been noted.
Not only do I disagree with your flippant attitude (we all know they are two different sites) I also must disagree that this is a minor issue. Just like n233w said, it is a real annoyance. I click on "MY FORUMS" and I have no idea if a new page loaded. Nothing that is visible without scrolling changes. All that static wasted space doesn't change.

All that static wasted space on the top also looks exactly the same as it did before the "upgrade" so it appears as if nothing changed. I wouldn't have minded a total new look, rather than trying to keep a few things the same. It's just as ugly now as it was before, unless you scroll the page down to hide the ugliness and get to the new improved half of the page.

Sad to hear that the layout can't (won't) be changed.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:39 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Running W7 with Chrome and AVG getting virus alerts and cache failures.

AVG thinks it is finding HTML framer.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:59 AM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Roguedog
It appears that the RCU website is infected with a virus.

I'm getting this virus alert from AVG every time I visit a new page ---

What is HTML/Framer?

HTML/Framer is a script type malware. If the HTML/Framer is detected while browsing websites and internet resources, it means the website or resource is infected. HTML/Framer is usually an HTML code using a legal IFRAME tag with parameters to hide the actual IFRAME content. The source of the IFRAME tag leads to other malicious remote content, usually exploits, drive-by-downloads or malicious advertisements. This is the way malware can be downloaded and activated on a host computer.

This is from AVG's website.
Originally Posted by mongo
what rogue said:

this started sometime after 0200 central time.
lots of pops warning of the HTML/framer.
mostly when hitting the back button.
Originally Posted by RCKen
I was getting the same warnings as well. I've sent an email to our Tech Staff so that they can address this issue first thing this morning. Our Tech Staff is on the West Coast so they should be getting in to work shortly and we should hear from them soon.

Ken
Originally Posted by j.duncker
Running W7 with Chrome and AVG getting virus alerts and cache failures.

AVG thinks it is finding HTML framer.
We're seeing these alerts and our techs are searching for the source of these alerts. We will keep you posted, and thank you very much for your vigilance.

Paul
Old 09-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Thud_Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree with the too much wasted space at the top of the page. You may not like the RC Groups reference but theirs is a lot cleaner at the top and at least I can see the first 10 or so threads in the forum whereas here I have to scroll down on every page which is getting really annoying.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:04 PM
IBobi

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Thud_Driver
I agree with the too much wasted space at the top of the page. You may not like the RC Groups reference but theirs is a lot cleaner at the top and at least I can see the first 10 or so threads in the forum whereas here I have to scroll down on every page which is getting really annoying.
Originally Posted by Oregon Craig
Not only do I disagree with your flippant attitude (we all know they are two different sites) I also must disagree that this is a minor issue. Just like n233w said, it is a real annoyance. I click on "MY FORUMS" and I have no idea if a new page loaded. Nothing that is visible without scrolling changes. All that static wasted space doesn't change.

All that static wasted space on the top also looks exactly the same as it did before the "upgrade" so it appears as if nothing changed. I wouldn't have minded a total new look, rather than trying to keep a few things the same. It's just as ugly now as it was before, unless you scroll the page down to hide the ugliness and get to the new improved half of the page.

Sad to hear that the layout can't (won't) be changed.
Replicating the look of the previous forum was the job of the technicians (in conjunction with the RCU community). They've done so. If there's an issue with the layout as replicated, we can certainly field questions about that at a later time. For now, we are concentrating on resolving the handful of lingering issues with the migration, which is what this thread is concerned with.

IBpark was't being flippant, Oregon Craig, just to be clear. n233w's post was a tad ambiguous and seemed to indicate he thought RCG was a section of or related to RCU. She was responding to clarify. Let's all give each other the benefit of the doubt here that we're pulling on the same end of the rope, ok?

Thank you
Old 09-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I can log on but when I try and navigate to any other page it tells me I am not signed on. When I try and sign on the page comes up with my profile info and shows me as logged on. I still cannot navigate to any other page. When I do by chance get logged on I cannot seem to log off.

If I try to log on from any other computer forget it. It just will not log on no mater what I do.

This is really pathetic. Being free I really cannot complain. I certainly would be upset if I had paid into the site. I have asked and tried to post this other times with no answer so I don't expect too much this time as well.

Dennis
Old 09-06-2013, 02:48 PM
IBxAnders

But, you are obviously logged in just fine in order to be able to post this message. I am sorry if we are not properly understanding the report. Do you have cookies enabled?

Originally Posted by Propworn
I can log on but when I try and navigate to any other page it tells me I am not signed on. When I try and sign on the page comes up with my profile info and shows me as logged on. I still cannot navigate to any other page. When I do by chance get logged on I cannot seem to log off.

If I try to log on from any other computer forget it. It just will not log on no mater what I do.

This is really pathetic. Being free I really cannot complain. I certainly would be upset if I had paid into the site. I have asked and tried to post this other times with no answer so I don't expect too much this time as well.

Dennis
Old 09-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Propworn

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by IBxAnders
But, you are obviously logged in just fine in order to be able to post this message. I am sorry if we are not properly understanding the report. Do you have cookies enabled?
Yes I have cookies enabled if you post and view other sites you have to have them enabled. This is the only site there are problems with. I have tried it both ways, I have cleared the cookies and history restarted the browser to no avail. Re-read the second sentence after several days I am finally logged on so I can post this message. I will not log off until I retire for the night then I probably will not be able to log off. I have even rebooted the pc and still been logged on. Other computers and other OS I just cannot seem to log on. Never used to have these problems very very sad. I can close the browser open my email Eudora Pro click the link to a reply notice and the browser opens as does the web page and sometimes I am still logged on others I am not.

This is the only site I can shut down the pc go to bed turn the pc on the next day open Eudora Pro click the email notice link and find I am still logged on.

My virus scanner is up to date I have run anti malware there are no infections that show up and like I said this is the only site that there is problems with.

Dennis

Last edited by Propworn; 09-06-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:05 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I used to be able to bring up an "album" consisting of all photos posted to a string. Sounds trivial, but if you're trying to find a pic in a thread with several hundred pages that tool was pretty handy?

Is it here and I'm missing it, or is it on the 'to do' list still?
Thanks, -Al
Old 09-07-2013, 02:56 PM
JohnB96041

Just received 2 emails with RCU links. Here is the result when I click the link:
JohnB96041, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Please explain. This has never happened before. Is there something wrong with my account?
Old 09-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Scar

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, I know this isn't the humor thread, but...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cookies.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	1917849  

Last edited by Scar; 09-08-2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: didn't know if this would upload
Old 09-08-2013, 09:42 AM
JohnB96041

Deleting cookies DOES not solve the problem. I have done that so many times my computer thinks it can do it on its own.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Joespeeder

Hey Guys,

How do you view a photo gallery of the thread you are reading ? Trying to find a photo or flip through a long thread by advancing through the pics was a very valuable tool. Not being able to do that makes the threads a lot less usable to me as a resource.

Also, the forum hangs up and waits to load very slowly on every page I select. I genearly have to reload each page several times before it redraws. I'm using Firefox and have several tabs open concurrently. It's gotten so I'll switch tabs and check other things I have going while I wait for RCU to redraw.

Any other web site I have open redraws instantly.

Joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.