Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 12:01 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ahicks
I used to be able to bring up an "album" consisting of all photos posted to a string. Sounds trivial, but if you're trying to find a pic in a thread with several hundred pages that tool was pretty handy?

Is it here and I'm missing it, or is it on the 'to do' list still?
Thanks, -Al
Originally Posted by Joespeeder
Hey Guys,

How do you view a photo gallery of the thread you are reading ? Trying to find a photo or flip through a long thread by advancing through the pics was a very valuable tool. Not being able to do that makes the threads a lot less usable to me as a resource.

Also, the forum hangs up and waits to load very slowly on every page I select. I genearly have to reload each page several times before it redraws. I'm using Firefox and have several tabs open concurrently. It's gotten so I'll switch tabs and check other things I have going while I wait for RCU to redraw.

Any other web site I have open redraws instantly.

Joe
Thank you for reporting. We will check with our tech team and will let you know how to get this to work properly as soon as possible!
Old 09-09-2013, 02:22 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnB96041
Just received 2 emails with RCU links. Here is the result when I click the link:
JohnB96041, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Please explain. This has never happened before. Is there something wrong with my account?
Can you post the links?
Old 09-09-2013, 02:49 PM
JohnB96041

Originally Posted by IBobi
Can you post the links?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...php?p=11610083

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...php?p=11610082
Old 09-09-2013, 03:35 PM
ahamay

Originally Posted by Thud_Driver
I agree with the too much wasted space at the top of the page. You may not like the RC Groups reference but theirs is a lot cleaner at the top and at least I can see the first 10 or so threads in the forum whereas here I have to scroll down on every page which is getting really annoying.
So here's a couple of screenshots from my 1920x1080 HD monitor (no not 1024x768 resolution)... what's wrong with this hmmmm.... Can we please have some changes made to the screen layout ? It's frustrating and annoying. This is far from a replication of the old forums... it's just downright horrid... surely others agree ?

Also why do we need the extra rcu menu on the right hand side of the page at the top. It's taking up a whole section as the adverts don't even line up to use the space on the page correctly. I'm now using addblock, at least I can actually see some of the forum on the page when I open it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rcu.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	363.9 KB
ID:	1918505   Click image for larger version

Name:	rcu1.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	382.4 KB
ID:	1918506  
Old 09-09-2013, 03:56 PM
IBobi

Those threads were found to be in violation by the mod team, and have been moved to a mods-only containment forum. That's why you're getting the authorization message.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here you go .... another error.

Name:	RCU Error.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1918590  

Last edited by Airplanes400; 09-09-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:53 PM
sterbejj

I moved after I joined RC Universe. I changed my home town location in my profile but every time I post something my old location still shows up in the info box to the left of the posting. What must be done to have my correct current location appear when I post something?
Old 09-10-2013, 05:49 AM
RC_Fanatic

The links in the emails used to take you to the newest message, usually the one shown in the email. That was working even after the new software was installed. Now, on some threads, it takes you back to the first post after the new system was installed. Yes, I did purge my cache and the problem is still there.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:06 AM
JohnB96041

Same thing happening to me today. Yesterday all email links took me to the last post, now today it takes me to page 50 rather than page 51.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:16 AM
IBobi

We continue to work on the email links issue. We know this is a big one, and it's a top priority for us to iron this out. Thank you for hanging in there!

Paul
Old 09-10-2013, 02:25 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

I don't seem to be able to send PM's. I am logged in, i can post, but get no response and they do not show up in my "sent" list.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:30 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by husafreak
I don't seem to be able to send PM's. I am logged in, i can post, but get no response and they do not show up in my "sent" list.
Go to SETTINGS, GENERAL SETTINGS, Sent Private Messages, set your profile to "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" and click SAVE.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Scar

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just found a popup ad! It spanned the page from top to bottom!
I thought we were never supposed to see popups here! I shrunk it, clicking the X, but it looks like it could be reopened (arrow).

Name:	Popup.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	1919055  
Old 09-11-2013, 01:35 AM
Xairflyer

This is crazy I am still been taken to page 26 of this thread everytime and similar with others, there has to be a default command to take people to last unread post
Old 09-11-2013, 05:57 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a bug ...
These types of words would have been blocked with the old version. I guess the filters for these words have not been incorporated into the new version...

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	1919172  
Old 09-11-2013, 01:04 PM
RC_Fanatic

Received the email below, but the post it refers to does not exist!

"Dear RC_Fanatic,

P47flyer has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Welcome to Club SAITO ! - in the Glow Engines forum of RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and more.

This thread is located at:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...4&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Anyone have any problems kicking pushrods in 235R5 ? Turning 6700rpm static with a 20/10 Xoar. It has only happened once but I don't want to push my luck.

Dave H

Saito 325R 5
Saito 450 R 3 x2
Saito 52 x2
Saito 90 x2
***************"
Old 09-11-2013, 01:19 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Airplanes400
Here's a bug ...
These types of words would have been blocked with the old version. I guess the filters for these words have not been incorporated into the new version...

I have been working with IB to get the language filters put back in place.

Ken
Old 09-11-2013, 01:52 PM
acerc

When is the attachments link for a thread going to be photos instead of links to each photo?????
Old 09-11-2013, 02:14 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by RC_Fanatic
Received the email below, but the post it refers to does not exist!

"Dear RC_Fanatic,

P47flyer has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Welcome to Club SAITO ! - in the Glow Engines forum of RC Forums - RC Universe discussion forums for RC cars, rc trucks, rc airplanes, rc helis, rc boats, rc jets, rc electric helis, rc electric planes and more.

This thread is located at:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...4&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Anyone have any problems kicking pushrods in 235R5 ? Turning 6700rpm static with a 20/10 Xoar. It has only happened once but I don't want to push my luck.

Dave H

Saito 325R 5
Saito 450 R 3 x2
Saito 52 x2
Saito 90 x2
***************"
Perhaps it was deleted.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:31 PM
RC_Fanatic

Originally Posted by IBobi
Perhaps it was deleted.
Possible, but it would be nice to have a placeholder that says a post was deleted. Post looks like a valid question.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:17 PM
ahamay

Would be nice to have Tapatalk enabled... especially for those of us that use mobile and tablet devices given the outstanding issues with the email notifications taking you to the wrong pages. This is more so frustrating when we are using a mobile or tablet than using a full pc as extra navigation is required to get to the last post.

What's the latest update on the new post notifications issue ?

In the old forum you had the option to receive a new post notification after every post in a thread that you had subscribed to. This didn't use cookies. Can this forum do that as a workaround until it's resolved ?
Old 09-12-2013, 11:25 AM
acerc

When is the attachments link for a thread going to be photos instead of links to each photo?????
Old 09-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Tombsy

Originally Posted by dasintex
When you have your Forums up and showing and you just want to display New Posts in your Forums, you hit the New Post Button and it displays all the New Posts for all and every Forums & Threads that have new Posts, I only want to see New Posts in the Forums I have subscrbed to.
This is the one that's bugging me, new posts in my forums shows every post from every forum.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:06 AM
Scar

Here's something that bothered me with the old setup, and this (of all things!) carried over to the new.

Absolutely nowhere in my preferences or selection of forums have I indicated any interest whatsoever in RC cars or RC helicopters.

Guess what the overwhelming majority of ads I see are? Yup. RC cars and RC helicopters. Not a problem for me, I just don't look.

I wonder if your advertisers are aware.

Best wishes,
Dave Olson
Old 09-16-2013, 09:02 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by aeajr
Having problems saving posts or edits

I had this problem on RCU before the upgrades. Have not had this on other forums so it is not browser based.

I started a thread this morning. Posted it.

Then edited the first post but when I clicked save ... nothing happened. I waited 20 seconds and clicked save again. Nothing.

I refreshed and all of my edits were gone. Fortunately I have gotten into the habit, only on RCU, to copy my posts before I hit save as this was a characteristic of RCU before the new software.

I also had this happen yesterday with a new post into an existing thread, twice.

Please see what you can do to address this. Most annoying and if I had not copied my post it would be lost. And some of my posts take as much as 15 minutes to research and to write so losing them really upsets me.

Win 7, IE 10.
The above was posted 8/31. The problem continues.

I see it mostly in edits of posts. The save button just stops working and nothing updates on the screen.

Sometimes, if I refresh the screen my post or my edits are there. Sometimes they are not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.