Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 06:26 PM
ahamay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tschuy
to blame the issue on RCU cookie issues is a poor excuse for bad code that obviously is the root of the problem... So to expect users of the forum to manually delete the RCU cookies is not the right way to fix this. Not all users have the expertise to delete specific cookies. So to ask folks to do this is not the right way to fix this broken code issue.
There is a few different ways that vbulletin can handle what has been read and what it thinks has been read. This can be done with cookies or it can be done by storing the read date/time etc in the vbulletin database. Your local cookies then have default stuff like last visit and login info etc. Advantages of this are that if your using multiple devices then the forum always knows where and what you've read etc. This makes the most sense for forum users. I don't know which method the admins of this site have this set to.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:46 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by Zor
Hello RCKen,

I have just spent an hour reading this thread.
You sure need help for the time you spend replying to the posts.
Many questions remain unanswered and I sympathize with your efforts.

I now see 'reply to thread at the top of the pages as well as at the bottom.
One thing I mentioned earlier.

If you read my last post in Skybolt Hangar and Clubhouse, I wrote that we should stop our discussion in that thread. Your action to remove the discussion was the proper thing to do but the problems concerning attached pictures is not solved. My request as to where we can find the solutions to these kind of problems remains unanswered.

While reading a good part of this thread, the thread in which I am writing now, I am puzzled by confusion on size of attachment we can post. Perhaps it is the reason why I could not post a new picture to replace the one deleted. In post #1302 in this thread you wrote the limit for PDF is definitely larger than 1.8 mb (you have mb in small character) but you did not show what is the limit.

In post #1304 it says the limit is 19.5 KB which is considerably smaller than 1.8 MB if megabytes is what you meant with mb in small character.

I wish to thank you for cleaning up the Skybolt Hangar thread but I also wish to find answers and procedures to maneuver properly around this forum. I have read some of your explanations and appreciate your valuable time. As I said at the beginning, you need a few people to assist you.

I would appreciate also a quick reply showing that you have read this posting.

Best regards from Zor
Reply to thread button on top and bottom is the way it has been set. Could you refer me to a post number where this was reported as a problem?

Also, in post #1308, I have reported back stating that the PDF file limit has now been increased to 5 megs. please let me know if you have any questions or if that's not working for you.

Ken is definitely doing a wonderful job and we are all here to help. We are trying our best to get every problems reported and questions answered. There are definitely some issues that takes longer time to fix than the other, however, we thank you for being patience with this whole process.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:10 PM
phillyD

Dear Support I can't stay logged in for nothing. Please help
Old 10-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Airbrushler

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

actually mine says 404 not found so you might want to look into that for fixing

404 Not Found

Last edited by Airbrushler; 10-03-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:45 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

I am still getting sent to older posts and not latest one, why cant this be sorted going on a long time now
Old 10-03-2013, 06:14 AM
Joespeeder

Hi Guys,

Thank you for adding the gallery buttons to the Thread Index !! I know you're working hard to get everything worked out and things seem to be advancing nicely. Thanks.

Would it be possible to add a way to get back to the thread directly from a photo in the Gallery section? Once I find the pics I need to reference I'd like to be able to click a link that took me to that post so I can read the process shown in the pic.

Also, I'd like to see an easy way to get to the Gallery on each thread page or maybe a gallery link in the individual post info panel on the left. Many times I come to an RCU thread through a Google search. I am linked directly into the post Google referenced and have no way to get to the gallery durring the seesion since I can't get to the index showing the thread. Going backwards in the folder structure at the top of a form page takes me from the thread into the 1st page of say the Warbirds form.... But I have no way to know what page the thread I'm trying to view may be on in the forum. So I'm stuck...

I may be looking at a thread that is well beyond the first couple of index pages and have no way to get to the Gallery button on the index page since I don't know what index page I need.

Thanks for any help.

Joe
Old 10-03-2013, 06:30 AM
Oregon Craig

I still can not get "MY FORUMS" to work when I am using the default mobile style.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:00 AM
JohnB96041

I am about to give up. Still getting sent to wrong page. When I click on a link, I expect to be sent to where the link indicates. Also have noticed that a lot of my email notices have stopped. Either people are not posting on this web site anymore or something else is now broke.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Joespeeder

Ok,,, We really need a link back to the post from the gallery view.... I just spent 20 minutes trying to find the post from a photo by using 2 windows and referenencing where the pic was in relating to what the gallery view was showing. Never found the post.

Won't do that again... very frustrating.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Xairflyer

I keep getting sent to page 26 of this thread, I can live with the other problems but this one makes me read the same post two or three times to figure out where I was last !!
Old 10-04-2013, 06:20 AM
Oregon Craig

From the email link? I always go to page 33. Always.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:40 AM
RC_Fanatic

In this and other forums, when I click on the link in the email, I get sent to some random page. If I leave that window up and click on the link in the email again, I go to the right place. If it were not for Club Saito, I'd not come back to RC Universe and just use "the other site." This problem has been going on for too long!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:47 AM
JohnB96041

"http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11584402&goto=newpost"

This link sent me to post #1354. Please, Please get this fixed.
Should have taken me to post #1362.

Last edited by JohnB96041; 10-04-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:40 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Guys, I'm really sorry that this is still an issue. Trust me that I feel your pain. I am getting the exact same behavior and it's very maddening. It makes trying to follow a thread very difficult. When I try to go read a new post it drops me in random places within a thread and that I have to scroll through and try to find the post that I was supposed to go to. I know this is not news for any of your reporting the same issues. I had some conversations with the tech staff at the end of last week about this issue and he said he was going to look at it this week. it's not been fixed.

Here's my promise to all of you guys. Monday I'll reopen the dialog with our staff at IB about this issue and see if I can't get them back to looking at this matter. This is something that is majorly broken and needs to be fixed.

Let me ask this question for all of you that are having the issue of not going to the proper posts. Are you also received multiple notifications for posts in a thread you are subscribed to?? The emails from the system tell me that after the first notification of a new post in a thread I am subscribed to I will not receive any more notifications until I visit that thread. However, sometimes I will get more notification from posts in the subscribed thread. I say sometimes because it's not consistent. Sometimes it's a new notification for every new post and sometimes not. Is anybody else getting this same behavior.

Ken
Old 10-04-2013, 01:46 PM
JohnB96041

Originally Posted by RCKen
Guys, I'm really sorry that this is still an issue. Trust me that I feel your pain. I am getting the exact same behavior and it's very maddening. It makes trying to follow a thread very difficult. When I try to go read a new post it drops me in random places within a thread and that I have to scroll through and try to find the post that I was supposed to go to. I know this is not news for any of your reporting the same issues. I had some conversations with the tech staff at the end of last week about this issue and he said he was going to look at it this week. it's not been fixed.

Here's my promise to all of you guys. Monday I'll reopen the dialog with our staff at IB about this issue and see if I can't get them back to looking at this matter. This is something that is majorly broken and needs to be fixed.

Let me ask this question for all of you that are having the issue of not going to the proper posts. Are you also received multiple notifications for posts in a thread you are subscribed to?? The emails from the system tell me that after the first notification of a new post in a thread I am subscribed to I will not receive any more notifications until I visit that thread. However, sometimes I will get more notification from posts in the subscribed thread. I say sometimes because it's not consistent. Sometimes it's a new notification for every new post and sometimes not. Is anybody else getting this same behavior.

Ken
Ken: Most of the time I am getting two emails with the same link/post. However, each takes me to a different page and not to the last post made. This is not happening on all email links, just some of them. Very difficult to figure what the problem really is and locate the problem. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:47 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Ken, I am observing exactly what you are observing also, with respect to E-mail links clicked don't take one to the most current message in the thread, sometimes multiple E-mail messages from the same thread.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Xairflyer

Only getting one notification
Old 10-04-2013, 05:07 PM
RC_Fanatic

I do get multiple emails, even though they say I will not. However, until IT gets its act together, keep a tab open all the time on RCUniverse and, when you click on a link, it takes you where you need to go! It works in Firefox and if it doesn't work in IE, you should switch!
Old 10-04-2013, 06:27 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

how hard would it be to have the post # listed as part of the email notification? that way, at least you would know where to scroll to.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:16 PM
RC_Fanatic

Originally Posted by RC_Fanatic
However, until IT gets its act together, keep a tab open all the time on RCUniverse and, when you click on a link, it takes you where you need to go! It works in Firefox and if it doesn't work in IE, you should switch!
They "fixed" it! Now keeping a tab open no longer works! And now, when I try to edit a post, the spell checker comes up in some weird language that flags every word as miss-spelled.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm getting only 1 email.....
Old 10-08-2013, 07:43 AM
Joespeeder

How do I get back to the post related to the photo I'm looking at in the Thread Image Gallery ? Is there a link I'm missing?

I need to go to the post directly from the gallery.

Joe
Old 10-08-2013, 10:43 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Hi, i'm not sure if it is a bug or not, but the search is pretty useless (at least to me
i used to swear by the old search which is no longer available ...
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/club...ld-search.html
Old 10-13-2013, 03:52 PM
JohnB96041

I am beginning to think any post here is being completely ignored.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:58 PM
tschuy

Thank you Ken and team for all your work... Data migrations and software upgrades are always painful.... Not having adequate resources or support available to resolve problems makes it even more painful. I am seeing the same problems as reported by myself and others. I'm only seeing only one email per response to thread postings and not seeing the spamming.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.