Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ken.....I just received the email for post 1375.
I noticed the link on the email is http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/show...2&goto=newpost
This link took me to post 1361 which is at the top of page 35.
Perhaps the 'newpost' in the link should be changed to the post number that the link refers to....in this case change 'newpost' to 1375 or something equal.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:01 AM
RC_Fanatic
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnB96041
I am beginning to think any post here is being completely ignored.
Like the rest of us, the management has gone to RC Groups!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:02 PM
IBobi

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Joespeeder
How do I get back to the post related to the photo I'm looking at in the Thread Image Gallery ? Is there a link I'm missing?

I need to go to the post directly from the gallery.

Joe
I have logged this with tech and we'll see if they can do it.

As to the email alerts issues, we're still investigating. Again, for the vast majority of users it appears that this notification is working correctly. Tech is having a difficult time pinning down an issue that only appears to affect a relatively small group of users, sometimes sporadically. And email issues can be a problem at any point along the chain from our servers to your browser.

As far as I can tell, the major issues are:

A. Not getting expected notifications
B. Getting too many notifications
C. LInks not going to expected post

Anything else?
Old 10-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Oregon Craig

Something like a my forums or my rcu in the default mobile style would be good. Or the mobile app IB allegedly already has. Or tapatalk.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:28 PM
ahamay

Originally Posted by IBobi
As to the email alerts issues, we're still investigating. Again, for the vast majority of users it appears that this notification is working correctly. Tech is having a difficult time pinning down an issue that only appears to affect a relatively small group of users, sometimes sporadically. And email issues can be a problem at any point along the chain from our servers to your browser.

Anything else?

Notifications are all over the place. I don't get notifications sometimes for PM's and I'm getting most of the new post notifications. They can take up to an hour to come through since the new post in the forum. I know mail servers inside out and this is not an issue with my mail server.

Once thing I have noticed is the new post notification link does take me to the correct page, but then the page refreshes and takes you back a few pages to some random post.

Also, I've checked a number of other Vbulletin forums for the thread URL's for the new post notification links and the ones on rcuniverse are very different. The others all have the post number at the end like the forum knows exactly where it's going. For example.

RCU - > "http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forum-questions-problems-239/11584402-report-bugs-new-vbulletin-forum-here-35.html"

Ausfish -> "http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?138982-Yalta-Owners-Club-aka-Roll-Call&p=1509647#post1509647"

RCGroups -> "http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showth​read.php?t=1335980&page=104&pp=100#post26367287"

Last edited by ahamay; 10-14-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:29 AM
Xairflyer

Why cant this post notification problem be sorted ! I dont know how many times I have read the same post on p26 of this thread which I keep getting sent to, if the RCU web designers cant figure out how to fix it why not contact the guys at RCgroups and ask how do you get your forum to run so well.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:21 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by Xairflyer
... if the RCU web designers cant figure out how to fix it why not contact the guys at RCgroups and ask how do you get your forum to run so well.
LOL that would be like if the allies asked the gerys how to win the II WW. FUNNY!
Old 10-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Some vBulletin sites work flawlessly while others have had their share of problems also. One was shutting down during the night for repairs, mostly issues with posting pictures. Their FS/T/W forums require pix of what you've got so it made it impossible to upload any.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:46 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by Oregon Craig
Something like a my forums or my rcu in the default mobile style would be good. Or the mobile app IB allegedly already has. Or tapatalk.
The mobile version is a skin of the site, not a separate app. We'll implement it as soon as we can -- it's one of the big reasons we have upgraded all the way to VB 4.0.

Tapatalk has already been discussed, and won't be done.

We've explored a product for RCu that somewhat mimics the old My Forums functionality but it is 3rd-party and very clunky so we have been loath to implement that. It's going to be better to let the community adapt (as they already have) to this new forum layout. If there is a serious gap in functionality, we can address that, but by and large the quibbles have been small.

The email alerts issue we are still working on, as it's not functioning the way it needs to be; I will be sure to keep you posted.

Paul
Old 10-18-2013, 06:47 AM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Howdy. Waaay back on 8/27 (post #1096 of this thread) I asked for a correction that will stop other members' posts from showing up on the "My Activity" tab. As of today "karolh"'s posting is still showing up as My Activity. On the plus side if I click on my name under the My Activity tab his post go away, at least till I come back the next time

Thanks
Old 10-18-2013, 11:28 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by MajorTomski
Howdy. Waaay back on 8/27 (post #1096 of this thread) I asked for a correction that will stop other members' posts from showing up on the "My Activity" tab. As of today "karolh"'s posting is still showing up as My Activity. On the plus side if I click on my name under the My Activity tab his post go away, at least till I come back the next time

Thanks
Pretty sure that's how that's supposed to work. If you only want your posts, click your name.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:30 AM
IBobi

Default Email alerts update

Tech has deployed a fix that attempts to remedy the email links issue, where you go to the wrong post in a thread after clicking the link in the email alert.

We'll need your help to tell us if it's working. It may take 24 hours to fully propagate, so please let us know starting tomorrow if your email links start taking you to the correct post when they have not been before.

Thanks guys!
Old 10-18-2013, 01:41 PM
JohnB96041

Anything else?
I think the statement you are making "for the vast majority of users it appears that this notification is working correctly.", appears that way because they have stopped reporting the issue and have given up. That is where the issue is with me. Just gave up reporting it.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:43 PM
IBxAnders

I think the statement you are making "for the vast majority of users it appears that this notification is working correctly.", appears that way because they have stopped reporting the issue and have given up. That is where the issue is with me. Just gave up reporting it.
There is a comment above indicating that another patch was deployed to address the issue regarding notifcaitons; it's not ignored.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:50 PM
JohnB96041

Tech has deployed a fix that attempts to remedy the email links issue, where you go to the wrong post in a thread after clicking the link in the email alert.

We'll need your help to tell us if it's working. It may take 24 hours to fully propagate, so please let us know starting tomorrow if your email links start taking you to the correct post when they have not been before.
Thanks guys!

Here it is, 24 hours later, and still the same problem. Email links take me to anywhere except the latest post. Sometimes to a completely different page of posts. Please try again.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Xairflyer

something has changed I was brought to the last post on this thread for the first time
Old 10-19-2013, 04:09 PM
JohnB96041

something has changed I was brought to the last post on this thread for the first time
Not here. Took me to the top of this page, not the last "your post" post.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:12 PM
tschuy

Here it is, 24 hours later, and still the same problem. Email links take me to anywhere except the latest post. Sometimes to a completely different page of posts. Please try again.
I've been receiving email notifications for this forum string and the post email link referring to JohnB96041 update took me to page 37 and not to this page.. Still broken..... I'm using my iPad 3 with the Safari browser and OS 7.0.2...

i would have have to agree with many others that this migration "should" have been BETA tested before getting rolled out to live production... Some features with the new layout are pretty cool and appreciated. But with all the bugs that are still here it doesn't seem to be worth the frustration needed to use the site...
Old 10-19-2013, 10:02 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

One has to wonder, how hard can it be to get a site working properly ? I mean most of them do...
Old 10-20-2013, 04:07 AM
Xairflyer

Going to last unread post working for me now everytime, well done to those who sorted it
Old 10-20-2013, 06:18 AM
Oregon Craig

Going to last unread post working for me now everytime, well done to those who sorted it
No. I just followed the link in the email I received due to your post above. I went to page 33 like always. Best policy will be to ignore those emails and filter them straight to the trash. I don't care if anyone posts in a thread anyway.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:39 AM
JohnB96041

Is there any connection between RCUniverse.com and healthcare.gov. Neither seems to work like they should. RCU is getting better, but not there yet. Healthcare.gov is still broken.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Xairflyer

I got all excited for nothing !! I am being taken to the correct post on this thread but back to page 1 on another,
I will remove my subscription and repost to it see if that helps
Old 10-21-2013, 05:03 PM
IBobi

Thank you for the reports all; looks like tech will have to go back at this email issue again.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:32 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The issues I have reported have continued. I have simply learned to live with them.

I go to post a reply on a thread. I finish the typing and hit the submit or post quick reply or whatever the button says. And nothing happens. I can sit there for 5 minutes and nothing happens.

I copy the post and then hit the refresh button. Most of the time the post has taken but occasionally it does not. If I had to guess I would think a screen refresh is not occurring.

I still end up at the 3rd or 4th page of this thread when I respond to an e-mail notification. And, in most other threads it takes me to the first page, usually the first post, regardless of how many pagers there are or how recently I have visited. I just stopped posting because I figure they are working on it or it will never be fixed.

Windows 7, IE10

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.