Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 06:18 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am back at p26 of this thread!!! cant understand if it is fixed one minute what is causing it to go back and why am I being taken to p26 each time what is the reason for that?

one thing I discovered was if I click the link a second time it takes me to the last post, so the same link can take me to two different pages.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:38 AM
JohnB96041

Originally Posted by Xairflyer
I am back at p26 of this thread!!! cant understand if it is fixed one minute what is causing it to go back and why am I being taken to p26 each time what is the reason for that?

one thing I discovered was if I click the link a second time it takes me to the last post, so the same link can take me to two different pages.
+1 Does the same for me..........click the link a second or third time to get to the last post.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:41 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by Xairflyer
so the same link can take me to two different pages.
Sound like marriage (to me) LOL
Old 10-22-2013, 03:04 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Thank you for reporting. Regarding your nonfunctional reply button issue, I assume you have already cleared out your cache/cookies? Do you have an adblocker? How often does this happen?

Originally Posted by aeajr
The issues I have reported have continued. I have simply learned to live with them.

I go to post a reply on a thread. I finish the typing and hit the submit or post quick reply or whatever the button says. And nothing happens. I can sit there for 5 minutes and nothing happens.

I copy the post and then hit the refresh button. Most of the time the post has taken but occasionally it does not. If I had to guess I would think a screen refresh is not occurring.

I still end up at the 3rd or 4th page of this thread when I respond to an e-mail notification. And, in most other threads it takes me to the first page, usually the first post, regardless of how many pagers there are or how recently I have visited. I just stopped posting because I figure they are working on it or it will never be fixed.

Windows 7, IE10
Old 10-23-2013, 07:11 AM
RC_Fanatic

Originally Posted by IBobi
Tech has deployed a fix that attempts to remedy the email links issue, where you go to the wrong post in a thread after clicking the link in the email alert.

We'll need your help to tell us if it's working. It may take 24 hours to fully propagate, so please let us know starting tomorrow if your email links start taking you to the correct post when they have not been before.

Thanks guys!
It's not working yet. Still go to post #8, then have to click on link again to go where I should have gone to start with. Cache is emptied every time I restart so about six times in the last two days.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:41 AM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty sure that's how that's supposed to work. If you only want your posts, click your name.
Hmm, let me try this again.
From the Forum home page there is a blue bar. Below that my avatar, with buttons that read
Welcome, My name (MajorTomski), Subscriptions, Today’s posts, etc.
If I click on “MajorTomski” it takes me to a page labeled in dark blue with white letters “My Activity”
Here’s where the problem sits. “My Activity” has some of my activity and a LOT of karolh’s activity.
Karolh’s activity IS NOT MY ACTIVITY. I’ll agree that the dark blue “ALL” is the default, which I assume means I’ll see my activity and ALL my friend activity. So I click “Friends” and I see nothing but karolh’s activity. Only one problem here; according to the left hand tool bar I have an empty friends list. So if I have no friends on my friends list why is karolh’s activity showing up as being my friends’ activity when he is not, and has never been my friend?
So you’re telling me I’m supposed to automatically see the activity of someone I don’t know and I have no desire to follow is the normal function of the site.
Is automatically subscribing me to every new thread I comment on also another normal function?
Did you work on the obamacare software too?
Old 10-25-2013, 11:50 AM
IBobi

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MajorTomski
Is automatically subscribing me to every new thread I comment on also another normal function?
Actually, yes; unless you disable that in your preferences. This has been covered widely here, but:

Go to settings, general settings,
[h=3]Messaging & Notification.[/h]
Change your Default Thread Subscription Mode to Do Not Subscribe, or Through my Control Panel Only.

Save changes.

Now, as to your Activity issue: after you click your name, and you see the My Activity tab with subtabs for All, Yourself, Friends Subscriptions and Photos. Click your name there, and you should see only your activity. Does that work?
Old 10-25-2013, 04:10 PM
RC_Fanatic

Are you ever going to fix the email links taking you to old posts? I still need to click twice on the link in the email to go to the post referenced in the email. I'm pretty well to the point of "Why bother when RCG works so well?" Didn't used to go there at all but now it's my primary site. One less person to view your ads!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:16 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RC_Fanatic
Are you ever going to fix the email links taking you to old posts? I still need to click twice on the link in the email to go to the post referenced in the email. I'm pretty well to the point of "Why bother when RCG works so well?" Didn't used to go there at all but now it's my primary site. One less person to view your ads!
I know the programmers are working on this issue. Please know that I am as frustrated as anybody else it about this issue as it affects me directly too. I keep on the programmers about this issue and they told me they were working on it all last week. I will send them an email on Monday to see where they are on this issue.

Ken
Old 10-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

They are troubleshooting this, but have not found the current cause. It's the priority on RCU right now until resolved.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:24 PM
MajorTomski

Now, as to your Activity issue: after you click your name, and you see the My Activity tab with subtabs for All, Yourself, Friends Subscriptions and Photos. Click your name there, and you should see only your activity. Does that work?
Works that way. problem is karolh is not my friend so why would he show up in the first place?
Old 10-27-2013, 02:10 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by RC_Fanatic
For the interim, I've gotten used to scrolling to the bottom and clicking on the last page, scrolling to the bottom then up to the last couple messages. RCU has posters not on RCG that are good contributors and participants with a wealth of knowledge, I enjoy reading RCU. So, I'd just hang in there RC_Fanatic. They should get is sorted out some time near future. Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. - Forest Gump

For the moderators: Clicking on subscribed Email links gives mixed results. For example, the thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/kit-...l#post11642224

always defaults to the first post. At least this thread seems to now go to the latest post. A few others hits the middle. There's something that causes the counter to inaccurately calculate the last post in a thread. I don't know if it is an inconsistency between modules, where perhaps a global value isn't being properly initialized, declared or what. I think that if the software team can step back, relax, get a good night's rest, (play golf, fly planes, take the wife out, etc.) and then may discover what causes this semi-random behavior to happen, so they may be closer to resolving it.

Last edited by GallopingGhostler; 10-27-2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Add additional comment.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:35 AM
RC_Fanatic

Originally Posted by RCKen
I know the programmers are working on this issue. Please know that I am as frustrated as anybody else it about this issue as it affects me directly too. I keep on the programmers about this issue and they told me they were working on it all last week. I will send them an email on Monday to see where they are on this issue.

Ken
Are these the same programmers who set up the ObamaCare website?
Old 10-28-2013, 12:30 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

fanatic, dude:
don't be insulting the obamacare programmers like that...
Old 10-28-2013, 12:58 PM
IBobi

Works that way. problem is karolh is not my friend so why would he show up in the first place?
I'm showing you are friends in the database. You'll have to go to your profile preferences and unfriend him, then he will stop showing up. At some point he must have friended you and you accepted.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:34 PM
MajorTomski

I'm showing you are friends in the database. You'll have to go to your profile preferences and unfriend him, then he will stop showing up. At some point he must have friended you and you accepted.
"Your friends list is empty." I can't unfriend someone who isn't my friend to begin with.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Your friends list is empty." I can't unfriend someone who isn't my friend to begin with.
What's that, the third time you've told him? I think I've read your issue several times here, and I understood it the first time. Amazing it's still unfixed.

I'm going to describe an issue I just experienced, though I have absolutely no delusions that it will ever be addressed or fixed. I signed in, and clicked on the "My Forums" link on the left side of the screen. I was taken to a page that said "Would you like to open an account" or some such. The little tab that drops down from the top , under "Search" and next to "Advertisers" said "Sign in".

Couldn't believe that signed me out, so I clicked on the "My Forums" link on the right top of the screen. That took me here. The little dropdown now says "Sign Out".

Not that anyone will read this or do anything about it, but the eccentricities of this website have become expected. No one logs in here expecting the performance of a professional website. Did these code people handle the Obamacare website?

Dave Olson
Old 10-29-2013, 09:17 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Scar
What's that, the third time you've told him? I think I've read your issue several times here, and I understood it the first time. Amazing it's still unfixed.

I'm going to describe an issue I just experienced, though I have absolutely no delusions that it will ever be addressed or fixed. I signed in, and clicked on the "My Forums" link on the left side of the screen. I was taken to a page that said "Would you like to open an account" or some such. The little tab that drops down from the top , under "Search" and next to "Advertisers" said "Sign in".

Couldn't believe that signed me out, so I clicked on the "My Forums" link on the right top of the screen. That took me here. The little dropdown now says "Sign Out".

Not that anyone will read this or do anything about it, but the eccentricities of this website have become expected. No one logs in here expecting the performance of a professional website. Did these code people handle the Obamacare website?

Dave Olson
Dave,
The team at Internet Brands does take it very seriously that members are having issues. We have had other members that have said the same thing as you have. In addition, I've had the same thing happen to me as well. Although, it hasn't happened to me in a while now. I'm not discounting what you are saying at all. The team from IB regularly checks this thread, so you should hear from them soon about your problem. If you haven't heard back from them by the end of the day please PM and I'll shoot an email to IB to make sure they address your issue.

Ken
Old 10-29-2013, 04:35 PM
IBobi

Perhaps try adding him and then removing him?
Old 10-29-2013, 04:37 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by Scar

Dave Olson
I'll ask tech to take a look. Basically, occasionally the site shows you as logged out but you're not, is that it?
Old 10-30-2013, 05:06 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, response. Thanks.

Yes, the site seems to be fairly casual about recognizing my login status, on an irregular basis. To be clear, I always log out when I leave the site, so I have to log back in when I return. Then, when I navigate to another part of the site, I might be treated like I'm not logged in.

Dave Olson
Old 10-30-2013, 05:17 AM
MajorTomski

Perhaps try adding him and then removing him?
Ahhh... NOW we find the true bug!

Friends list on the left hand of the screen is empty

Friends list on the pull down button is empty.

CLICK "Edit Friends list" and I come up with two friends: Cyclic Hardover and guess who "karoth"

The problem lies somehwere in your friends display links.

OK, both of them unfriended on THAT page and their activity no longer shows up on "my activity"
Old 11-07-2013, 07:47 AM
MajorTomski

Wow, 8 days and no activity! Did I break the thread?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:57 AM
RC_Fanatic

I, for one, have given up. The problem of not going directly to the post referenced in the email notification is still there. Click on the link a second time, while the first erroneous location is up, and you get to the right place. That happened with this link. However, it is getting to be such a hassle that I get my fix elsewhere.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:02 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

I find it a good work around to when E-mailed, is to click on the link. It more likely than not takes you to a much earlier post in the thread. At the top of the webpage is a list of links after your avatar, one of which is [Subscriptions]. I click on that. All threads I am subscribed to come up. I then click on the link there, it takes me to the last post in the thread. Any other threads that have been updated but not E-mailed to me yet are there, too. Problem is solved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.