Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Old 11-15-2013, 11:18 AM
IBxAnders
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATED: Issue should be resolved. Please advise. Guys, please try to upload images into this thread : http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/test...st-images.html
Old 11-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default By request to post images

Originally Posted by IBxAnders
UPDATED: Issue should be resolved. Please advise. Guys, please try to upload images into this thread : http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/test...st-images.html
Trying to post a picture as requested.

Zor

Comment by editing _ _ _ no problem to post a picture.
One of my family of squirrels.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6596.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	597.8 KB
ID:	1939456  

Last edited by Zor; 11-15-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:29 PM
AMA 74894

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

confirmed working on Firefox V 25.0 Normal uploader works!
Old 11-21-2013, 04:53 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gentlemen,

Waaaaay back when this thread first appeared, there were a few of us who lament the loss of a very convenient feature - "New Posts" in "My Forums" mode.

You may find this unbelievable, but some of us have no interest in tanks, FPV, jets and many of the other forums. This was no problem in earlier times, we just went to "My Forums" and clicked the "New Posts" link. Only the new posts IN "MY FORUMS" came up.

I can still go to "Forums" and click the "New Posts" link, but the bulk of the new posts are of no interest to me. As a result, I spend much MUCH less time browsing the forums, weeding through pages of posts that don't interest me to find one that does. (Specifically, I look through the first page of new posts, find nothing of interest, and log out.)

If you want me to spend more time browsing your content, make it easy to find fresh posts in the forums I like.

Just sayin',
Dave Olson
Old 11-21-2013, 05:08 AM
skaliwag

Is it possible to post an attachment to a PM. If so ...HOW?
Old 11-21-2013, 06:03 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Is it possible for the Admins and developer posts to somehow be highlighted. Maybe the left banner can have a different background.

I just discovered that at least one of my questions has been answered but I never saw the answer because it blended in with the rest of the thread.

On RCG, if you are paid member you get a gold background on your left banner/box. Perhaps that can be done here so we can more easily identify the admin/developer posts.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:01 AM
AMA 74894

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by skaliwag
Is it possible to post an attachment to a PM. If so ...HOW?
yep, you can I pm'ed you the instructions (and added a pic to the PM)
Old 11-21-2013, 07:24 AM
IBxAnders

Originally Posted by Scar
Gentlemen,

Waaaaay back when this thread first appeared, there were a few of us who lament the loss of a very convenient feature - "New Posts" in "My Forums" mode.

You may find this unbelievable, but some of us have no interest in tanks, FPV, jets and many of the other forums. This was no problem in earlier times, we just went to "My Forums" and clicked the "New Posts" link. Only the new posts IN "MY FORUMS" came up.

I can still go to "Forums" and click the "New Posts" link, but the bulk of the new posts are of no interest to me. As a result, I spend much MUCH less time browsing the forums, weeding through pages of posts that don't interest me to find one that does. (Specifically, I look through the first page of new posts, find nothing of interest, and log out.)

If you want me to spend more time browsing your content, make it easy to find fresh posts in the forums I like.

Just sayin',
Dave Olson
Dave - I know it's not 100% what you're asking for - but have you seen the dropdown menu on top left NEW POSTS menu? You can target specific areas, like Jets, Cars, Heli, etc?
Old 12-04-2013, 11:15 AM
acerc

I have been told numerous time's that my attachments could be replaced, but what is it going to take to actually get it done??
Old 12-04-2013, 11:44 AM
IBobi

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by acerc
I have been told numerous time's that my attachments could be replaced, but what is it going to take to actually get it done??
You've been told that we'd try to restore the attachments you deleted, and that it would take time. We do not have an eta on getting this done. Please be patient. Continuing to post about it is not going to make it happen faster. If you need your attachments now, I recommend (once again) re-posting them yourself.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:41 PM
RC_Fanatic

I see the email link problem has returned. It seems to come and go but the last couple of days it's been pretty well 100%. I'm also getting a lot of server disconnect problems.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:32 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by RC_Fanatic
I see the email link problem has returned. It seems to come and go but the last couple of days it's been pretty well 100%. I'm also getting a lot of server disconnect problems.
Are those two issues still happening for you?

Anyone else?
Old 12-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Airplanes400]
Originally Posted by RCKen
Originally Posted by Airplanes400
Ken,
Another bug with the new system is that when I go to my profile under "Site Content Contributions" to view my recent posts, I see that the "Top 10 Most Recent Posts" are only showing the top 10 from the old system. Obviously, the new system doesn't link to this feature.

I'm just wondering if this is on the "List of things to do" for the IT crew.

Hope this is helpful.
We've been running this message back and forth among everybody at RCU and IB and nobody seems to know exactly what you are referring to. Can you explain a bit more about where you are going to get this issue?? Or even better if possible, can you take a screenshot(s) of where you are when this happens?? We definitely want to get all of our issues fixed, but nobody here can figure out exactly what you are referring to.

Ken
Ken,
I click MY ACCOUNT at the top of the Home page, then I click; Click here when finished to see your public R/C Profile!
Then, I scroll down to Site Content Contributions
Under that heading is, View Recent Posts & Other Forum Details
When I click that, I get the attached picture that only shows posts and other details I made BEFORE the conversion. It seems my profile information and post details are stuck in the old RCU.
Since this is happening with me, I would think it is happening with many other people.
I have since logged out and back in many times since teh conversion. Even today.

I tried to insert a screenshot in my PM to you, but was unable to.

Here is the screenshot.

Ignore the two below.

Name:	RecentPostsProfile.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1946601   Click image for larger version

Name:	RecentPostsProfile2.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	1946602   Click image for larger version

Name:	RecentPostsProfile3.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	1946603  

Last edited by Airplanes400; 12-10-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:02 PM
IBobi

Instead, try going to MY PROFILE, Find latest posts.

That more along the lines of what you're looking for?
Old 12-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That works better. But the other way does not.

Also, the latest post shows as being 11/24/13. I've made many posts since then that do not appear. See attached.

Name:	LastestPosts.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	1946622  
Old 12-10-2013, 05:34 PM
IBobi

I noticed that -- tech is reindexing now.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:33 PM
aeajr

Originally Posted by aeajr
Having problems saving posts or edits

I had this problem on RCU before the upgrades. Have not had this on other forums so it is not browser based.

I started a thread this morning. Posted it.

Then edited the first post but when I clicked save ... nothing happened. I waited 20 seconds and clicked save again. Nothing.

I refreshed and all of my edits were gone. Fortunately I have gotten into the habit, only on RCU, to copy my posts before I hit save as this was a characteristic of RCU before the new software.

I also had this happen yesterday with a new post into an existing thread, twice.

Please see what you can do to address this. Most annoying and if I had not copied my post it would be lost. And some of my posts take as much as 15 minutes to research and to write so losing them really upsets me.

Win 7, IE 10.
This post is from August. I continue to have this problem.

Over the last two days I have not started any new threads. I have posted to existing threads and I have lost several of the posts due to this problem. it has occurred at least 8 times in the last two days.

I am back to copying my posts before I hit save because I keep losing them.

IE10 has been out for a while now. This should not be a problem.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:58 PM
IBobi

This was assumed fixed; I have reported it again.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:23 PM
IBobi

This post is from August. I continue to have this problem.

Over the last two days I have not started any new threads. I have posted to existing threads and I have lost several of the posts due to this problem. it has occurred at least 8 times in the last two days.

I am back to copying my posts before I hit save because I keep losing them.

IE10 has been out for a while now. This should not be a problem.
Tech reports this is an issue with IE10. Can you switch browsers to FF or Chrome?
Old 12-11-2013, 03:00 PM
aeajr

I can switch for now but there are going to be a LOT of users out there with IE10. I hope they can fix it.

I am a moderator so I am willing to slug through these things. If I were a regular user, I would just leave in frustration.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:03 PM
IBobi

I can switch for now but there are going to be a LOT of users out there with IE10. I hope they can fix it.

I am a moderator so I am willing to slug through these things. If I were a regular user, I would just leave in frustration.
I don't think most users of IE 10 are having this issue on RCU though. At least I have not seen reports. Tech informs me that IE10 is not fully supported, but that does not necessarily mean everyone will have this problem.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:29 PM
aeajr

Thanks. Is there some setting I need to adjust in IE10 to avoid this?

Unfortunately users don't always file trouble reports. Except for this thread, and being a mod, I normally don't. I file the reports because I feel users may also be seeing this.

Just sharing the experience from this side.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:51 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ed,
I work IT for a living and I can tell you from cold hard facts of dealing with many real world clients, IE 10 lots of problems in many more places than just here at RCU. The lion's share of web browsing now occurs on a browser other than IE, being Chrome or Firefox. The only reason I (and the majority of my clients) ever use IE is when I run into the bank or financial institution that insists on writing their code to use only IE. Otherwise I would never open it up on any computer that I use. In fact, one of the very first things I do whenever I set up a new computer is to install Chrome so that I won't have to deal with Internet Explorer.

Ken
Old 12-12-2013, 10:53 AM
aeajr

Good to know. IE is the standard within my company so it is what I use all the time. I have Chrome but use it only from time to time. Will make a point of using it for RCU if I am having problems.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2013, 12:30 PM
IBobi

Maybe try running in compatibility mode?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.