Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Old 12-26-2013, 07:00 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Zor
Just a thought passing by . . . .
Could your pics exceed the maximum the server accepts ?
I do not remember for sure but I seem to remember 2 megabytes or may be 2 megabits.

Yesterday morning the manage attachment would not work most of the day then late last evening it worked and I posted my two pictures.

Zor
Zor,
Your information is incorrect. I will ask to please not try to offer advice here as this issue is something for our tech staff to deal with, and putting out information that is incorrect only confuses and complicates matters as we try to solve issues from our members

Ken
Old 12-26-2013, 07:01 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Originally Posted by rchobbymodels
Jim, rename the pictures and edit the post does not work, the picture upload as a blank file, actually I left the picture there, on the pictures management software you can find it blank. I will try to post again in the end of the thread and see if it works
RChobbymodels,
I am able to see that you did initially have images uploaded to your post. I have sent a message to the tech staff at IB, but with the holidays they probably haven't seen it yet. As soon as they do get in I'm sure that they will address your problems.

Ken
Old 12-26-2013, 02:41 PM
rchobbymodels

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RCKen
RChobbymodels,
I am able to see that you did initially have images uploaded to your post. I have sent a message to the tech staff at IB, but with the holidays they probably haven't seen it yet. As soon as they do get in I'm sure that they will address your problems.

Ken
Thank you Ken, I will wait for the tech guys.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:34 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Log-in problems again today.

Been using the service with no major log in problems for a while. Then today I was responding to an e-mail of a new post to a thread but the system did not log me in automatically. I got the thead but it did not recognize me.

OK, so I tried to log in and got a "can't find the page" type screen. This went on for about 5 minutes and multiple attempts to log in automatically, trying to log in at the "do you have an account" link, and trying the little yellow "sign in" at the top. Nothing.

Then suddenly I am logged in and in my account page.

It felt like the authentication server was down or perhaps overloaded and was timing out the log in requests.

IE10 Windows 7.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:59 PM
rchobbymodels

Originally Posted by aeajr

Been using the service with no major log in problems for a while. Then today I was responding to an e-mail of a new post to a thread but the system did not log me in automatically. I got the thead but it did not recognize me.

OK, so I tried to log in and got a "can't find the page" type screen. This went on for about 5 minutes and multiple attempts to log in automatically, trying to log in at the "do you have an account" link, and trying the little yellow "sign in" at the top. Nothing.

Then suddenly I am logged in and in my account page.

It felt like the authentication server was down or perhaps overloaded and was timing out the log in requests.

IE10 Windows 7.
I am having the same problem, I did not report because I was thinking that it was my browser, I am using Chrome, but I got a go around on this situation, when I log-in if I wait for the page to reload it gives me "The page cannot be found" what I do is soon I click to log-in I click on another button and do not allow the browse to redirect. Now that I know that is not only me this should be a system problem.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:03 PM
JohnB96041

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RCU Heartbeat is either gone or covered up. Check it out.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:04 PM
JohnB96041

And all of a sudden it shows up. Must have been a very slow server. Most people are watching the 500 race and not on the internet at this time.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:27 PM
aeajr

I have had so many recurring log-in problems, page not available problems and such that I no longer report them. I presume there are server problems rather than SW bugs.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:56 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Anyone else sick of how long pics take to load or is it just me??? if someone post a pic over 1mg I don't even bother any longer.

This site is just about dead to me,, so sad
Old 02-24-2014, 07:54 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

This only occurs when guys upload using third party hosting of pictures, photobucket, flicker etc. Pictures should be uploaded direct to RCU and then displayed in a thumbnail which load quick.
There is no need to upload large format pictures, they cant be displayed on the screen in full anyway unless you are using your 40" TV. I dont bother looking at threads anymore that are full of large format pics, too much hassle waiting to load then you have to scroll across to view them.

Very easy to resize pics to a sensible size, I upload everything at 800x600.

Other problem now with the new picture format is, most guys dont know how to use it, then you get load of pics on top of one another and lines of text all over the place, some threads on here are a real mess.

Last edited by Xairflyer; 02-24-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:48 PM
RickVB
My Feedback: (24)

Well, so far posting a thread to the test post forum and sending an PM to RCKen didn't get a response, so I guess I'll try here... I haven't been getting a response to PMs for quite some time now. I believe I am up to seven without getting a response. Last night, I noticed that my mailbox had an even 100 old items in it, so figuring I'd hit the limit, I deleted 50. Now, outgoing PMs appear in the sent folder (they didn't before), but I still haven't gotten a response from anyone. Can someone verify 1) is there a 100 item limit on mailboxes and 2) is there something else wrong with my mailbox?
Old 02-25-2014, 12:55 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

I did reply to your PM that you sent me.

I am forwarding this issue on to our tech staff so that they can take a look at it.

Ken
Old 02-25-2014, 01:03 PM
aeajr

Originally Posted by RickVB
Well, so far posting a thread to the test post forum and sending an PM to RCKen didn't get a response, so I guess I'll try here... I haven't been getting a response to PMs for quite some time now. I believe I am up to seven without getting a response. Last night, I noticed that my mailbox had an even 100 old items in it, so figuring I'd hit the limit, I deleted 50. Now, outgoing PMs appear in the sent folder (they didn't before), but I still haven't gotten a response from anyone. Can someone verify 1) is there a 100 item limit on mailboxes and 2) is there something else wrong with my mailbox?
Just sent you a PM. Reply back if you get it.

I sent a PM out to Dr Kiwi this morning. Let's see if he replies.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:07 PM
RickVB

Ken, very odd... your PM is not in my inbox. However, the one that Ed just sent me worked. Ed, did you get my reply?
Old 02-25-2014, 01:08 PM
aeajr

Yes I did. The flag at the top of the bar says I have 213 items in my mailbox. I presume that is combined inbox/sent

Seems ken must be on your "junk" list.

Crap - had to double post this one too. Getting really sick and tired of this.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:30 PM
IBpark
Administrator

Originally Posted by RickVB
Ken, very odd... your PM is not in my inbox. However, the one that Ed just sent me worked. Ed, did you get my reply?
Have you tried setting your notifications for your PM's? You may not be getting messages because some settings may have been disabled by default. You can find the setting under General Settings on the PM page. Would you please check and let us know what happens after you all the appropriate boxes are checked? Thank you!
Old 02-25-2014, 02:06 PM
aeajr

If he goes to his inbox he should still see it there. He is seeing the ones I sent.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:44 PM
RickVB

Originally Posted by IBpark
Have you tried setting your notifications for your PM's? You may not be getting messages because some settings may have been disabled by default. You can find the setting under General Settings on the PM page. Would you please check and let us know what happens after you all the appropriate boxes are checked? Thank you!
Private Messaging ON
Receive Private Messaging: From all members
Email Notification of New Private Messages: Receive Email Notification of new Private Messages
New Private Message Notification Pop-up: Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up
Sent Private Messages: Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

I haven't changed anything. In years. Ed's note came through, Ken's didn't. Something is broken...

Support people, please answer my first question: is there a limit on mailbox contents?

Edit: I should add, though, that there was a period of probably a year or two, ending recently, where I did not log on to RCU at all. Not sure if that affected anything.

Last edited by RickVB; 02-25-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:40 PM
RickVB

No reply?? Any update on this?

Still haven't received any PMs from anyone but Ed...
Old 02-27-2014, 06:52 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just sent you a test PM as well.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:28 AM
RickVB

Thanks Jim, it worked, but the earlier questions are still open...
Old 02-27-2014, 01:21 PM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by aeajr

IE10 Windows 7.
Similar problem here. Was logged in just fine for a month or 2, now I have to log in again EVERY time - no matter what.

Sheesh!
Old 02-27-2014, 09:33 PM
Kostas1

Guys,

the problem with the Gallery on our profile STILL EXISTS!

You cannot edit or delete photos from your gallery!

Maybe you can check it out please?
Old 03-02-2014, 11:12 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

I don't believe that this is a problem with v-bulletin(because same problem occurs on other sites!), but I am hoping that someone can help me.My computer recently crashed, and now that everything is restored, when I go to view a picture within a forum thread, the area goes dim, but no enlarged photo. I have to click on the back button on my browser, and completely exit the thread before the grayed out screen returns to normal. Any ideas what might be my problem here??Thank You for any help you might be able to provide,Craig
Old 03-02-2014, 11:18 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

Also seems that I can no longer edit my posts.. wanted to make one correction to the above post. The entire Hard drive crashed, and had to be replaced, so a brand new install of Windows 8.0 had to be done! Don't know if that is important, but thought I should include it!Thanks again, Craig.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.