Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here

Old 07-25-2014, 06:24 AM
Oregon Craig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
I'll ask & let you know about a mobile skin as soon as I have a clear date range.
Never heard a word.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:27 AM
Oregon Craig

Originally Posted by Oregon Craig
I was told this 33 weeks ago:

"
  • I asked our tech people about this and they say that they will have an app to allow access to the forums. I was asking about Tapatalk but they said they have their own app. I haven't seen it yet so I can't say one way or another about it. When I get more info I'll definitely pass it along.

Ken"
Now it's been a year with no news.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:26 PM
JohnB96041

Noticed this last weekend that the forum pages are now very large compared to about a month ago. Now when I open up a post I have to scroll left and right to be able to read what is written. Is there a setting I need to readjust to correct this? My web page is set to 100%. All other web sites work like they always have, except for RCUniverse.

Just had to scrool to the right to be able to see the "Post Quick Reply" button.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:51 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnB96041
Noticed this last weekend that the forum pages are now very large compared to about a month ago. Now when I open up a post I have to scroll left and right to be able to read what is written. Is there a setting I need to readjust to correct this? My web page is set to 100%. All other web sites work like they always have, except for RCUniverse.

Just had to scrool to the right to be able to see the "Post Quick Reply" button.
The new banner is causing it; tech is working to fix!
Old 08-07-2014, 01:06 PM
RickVB
My Feedback: (24)

Is this in any way connected to the ads in the Marketplace overlapping parts of the page layout? (By ads I mean the Google ads.)
Old 08-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I am not a complainer

Anyone can see that I have not posted in this thread regardless of many difficulties.

Whatever tech is doing _ _ _ I had to sign in and ended up with all kinds of strange behavior.
Too many to attempt discribing them.

I shut up my computer and started from scratch and DID NOT HAVE TO SIGN IN as usual.
Strange behavior of the running software.

Just wonder what is happening that tech has to get involved.

Zor
Old 08-07-2014, 05:47 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by Zor
Anyone can see that I have not posted in this thread regardless of many difficulties.

Whatever tech is doing _ _ _ I had to sign in and ended up with all kinds of strange behavior.
Too many to attempt discribing them.

I shut up my computer and started from scratch and DID NOT HAVE TO SIGN IN as usual.
Strange behavior of the running software.

Just wonder what is happening that tech has to get involved.

Zor
Uh well, I'm happy to try to help but... you're not giving me much to go on here...
Old 08-07-2014, 05:47 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by RickVB
Is this in any way connected to the ads in the Marketplace overlapping parts of the page layout? (By ads I mean the Google ads.)
Have not seen that reported til now -- can you screen shot and link to it?
Old 08-07-2014, 06:43 PM
RC_Fanatic

Don't the tech guys test out these things before they dump them on the users? Seems they expect us to be alpha testers (one step before beta).
Old 08-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Zor
Banned

Default No help needed

Uh well, I'm happy to try to help but... you're not giving me much to go on here...
Hello Ibobbi,

I did not give you much because I did not need help and did not ask for any.

Your techs are the people that have had problems to solve for a long time now.

I can only wish them perseverance in their good efforts. Some software versions works better than others.

Thanks for your reply and comment and best to you .
I am out of this thread.

Zor
Old 08-08-2014, 05:48 AM
JohnB96041

Still not fixed. Day 2,3,4,? What is the hold up? Not that hard to resize a banner and upload it.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:11 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by aeajr
I have stopped reporting issues because they don't change so figure I have reported them enough times.
I still have to copy an edited post, hit the save, see it not update, refresh the page, re-edit the post, past in the changes and save again. Have to go through this process about 50% of the time whether I use IE10 or Chrome.
[QUOTE=IBobi;11846222]I have not seen this issue reported before -- can you give more information so that tech can address this? What versions of Chrome and IE? Is it doing that in FF for you too?

I'm not 100% clear what you mean... copy an edited post? Can you explain clearly what exactly is going on and when it happens? Thank you!

[editing post as test in Chrome]

If you go back in this thread and find my posts, probably 75% of them are reporting this problem.

I use Windows 7, IE 10 or Chrome - 36.0.1985.125

As to the problem.

I write a post, look it over and hit submit - fine All works great.

I read it over and find 2 typos and would like to add something so I go to edit it.

Make my changes, make my additions, hit save ... and wait, and wait, and wait .. .30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes. Nothing happens. no update, no reject, no little spinning arrow indicating something is happening.

So what do I do?

I copy the edited post.

I hit refresh on the browser

I get the old version of the post on my screen.

I hit edit again.

I delete the old post and past in the new post and hit save.

Update occurs and my new post is shown on the screen.

And this works 100% of the time. I have no idea why.

I probably edit most of my posts and this is what I have to go through about 50% of the time. No rhyme or reason to it.

And I never have this problem on any of the other forms including RCG, Wattflyer, Flyingcircus, ***********s, RCDiscuss and others. Never have this problem on any of them.

I normally use IE but I changed over to Chrome for a while to see if it would help. It didn't, so I am back to IE.

I hope that clarifies the point.

BTY I am on a cable internet connection.

============================
edit: Just for fun I edited this post to see what would happen. This is where I hit save..

Nothing happened. I waited for 2 full minutes and nothing happened. I copied the post did this edit and then hit save and it worked. So if the time stamp on this post helps maybe you can see what is going on.

I then went in to edit again and added this line of text. If there are not further comments then it worked.

For what it is worth, I have discovered a work around that may provide some insight into the problem.

I write my post and submit the reply.

If I see something to edit and just hit the edit button, do the change and submit, nothing happens and I have to go through the above process.

HOWEVER, if I do the initial post and then hit the refresh button I can edit the post and submit and it will work fine every time.

I don't know if that helps but I wanted to provide whatever insight I could. If there is a setting I can change that would help, let me know.

I feel VERY confident that if I am having this problem then some of the users/members are having this problem.

Last edited by aeajr; 08-08-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:34 AM
RC_Fanatic

aeajr, I wish you luck! This site gets buggier day by day.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:55 AM
aeajr

I have to adjust my browser to 75% when I am on RCU in order to see the screens.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:44 PM
IBobi

I have to adjust my browser to 75% when I am on RCU in order to see the screens.
I'm guessing due to the banner issue reported above?
Old 08-08-2014, 12:44 PM
IBobi

For what it is worth, I have discovered a work around that may provide some insight into the problem.

I write my post and submit the reply.

If I see something to edit and just hit the edit button, do the change and submit, nothing happens and I have to go through the above process.

HOWEVER, if I do the initial post and then hit the refresh button I can edit the post and submit and it will work fine every time.

I don't know if that helps but I wanted to provide whatever insight I could. If there is a setting I can change that would help, let me know.

I feel VERY confident that if I am having this problem then some of the users/members are having this problem.
Thank you -- I am still waiting for an answer from tech, and have added your additional info to the ticket!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:48 PM
aeajr

Yes
Old 08-08-2014, 04:58 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

i guess no one at IB knows how to set "dynamic sizing" on things like customer supplied adds. well,, i am seeing dynamic sizing on the rest of the site, so maybe someone has a clue.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:30 AM
Zor
Banned

Default More problems

Hi all readers and management,

It took me 20 to 30 minutes today to come in the forum.
It used to log me in automatically in seconds.
This morning it asked me to login (again).

Then it kept going in circles bringing in the same displays incuding my profile and do I want to see only _ _ _ ( pop up small window ). I disconnected six or seven times and kept trying. I do not accurately time or count the number of times I had to try.

Finally I got logged in doing nothing different as I have always done.
I wonder if the techs were at work again as being the cause of this annoyance ? ... ? ... ?

Wishing all a nice day.

Now will this post ? ? ?

Zor
Old 08-10-2014, 08:44 AM
skaliwag

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New and improved dog and pony show ??? !!!
Old 08-10-2014, 11:48 AM
JohnB96041

Display still not fixed........and no return to Home button. Once in the forum section, the only way to get back home is to reload the web link of www.rcuniverse.com. What a pain......IF the tech people are working, they sure are not working on this problem. When will it be fixed. Only web site with this problem.......
Old 08-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Xairflyer

I was taken to 26 dec 2013 post there now when I clicked the email link, plus this wide format thing is very annoying I have to scroll to read everything now, horrible format, site not usable now on my PC,
New picture posting format is also crap, no one uses it properly so pictures and text are all over the place.
RCU is probably the worst presented RC forum online now, sack the new guys and bring back the developers from a few years ago, then leave the site alone, never needs to be touched again.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:30 PM
skaliwag

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New and improved dog and pony show ??? !!! By a bunch of Grade School Kids perhaps ???
Old 08-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Zor
Banned

Why did I have to sign in AGAIN when I came to read the threads I am following ???

No such things anywhere else.

Zor
Old 08-20-2014, 04:12 PM
jlmaviation
My Feedback: (54)

I can't send PM's to anyone and there is no one to ask for help. Can someone HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.