Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Posting PIX & Editing

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 01:13 PM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Posting PIX & Editing

So, now that we are in the 21st century, do we still have to post PIX as attachments?

I’m planning a how-to thread that will need numerous illustrations & I refuse to post if the “moderators” insist on editing MY thread in a way that disrupts the flow of the article.

Pix will be resized to fit the page according to the forum rules.

If I can’t post my work as I intend it to appear, I will have to post links to sites that allow direct posting of PIX.

No other site has ever edited my threads/PIX like this site has in the past.

Also I want to reserve the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] several posts for later updates as the project in question is quite involved & can’t be posted in a single post.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:04 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Dan, you will love the new forum software. You can do all of those things. I don't know about reserving a dummy spot for a pic later on. You *may* be able to edit it into your original post later. Go to the test forum area nearer the bottom of the main page and test it there. If you run into problems, PM me and I'll delete it. Or, just create a white pic as a place holder until you are ready for the real one. Either way, vBulletin will allow you to do the tutorial work you and many others have wanted all along.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:09 PM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by blw
Dan, you will love the new forum software. You can do all of those things. I don't know about reserving a dummy spot for a pic later on. You *may* be able to edit it into your original post later. Go to the test forum area nearer the bottom of the main page and test it there. If you run into problems, PM me and I'll delete it. Or, just create a white pic as a place holder until you are ready for the real one. Either way, vBulletin will allow you to do the tutorial work you and many others have wanted all along.
I've used this software on bikes.net.

It's pretty nice software.

On bikes.net I can still edit posts made monthes or even years ago.

On softwrae like that, I can post short sentences to "resreve" consecutive posts if needed.

It is a nice feature if you want to start a how-to thead that is tecnical such as changing engine geometry, (displacement) compression ratio & converting to CDI.

I have enough parts in hand to start clearncing work on the FA512R3D.CDI radial. I've been waiting for this software to get settled in before re-starting a thread.theat I opened a few monthes back.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:04 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

The owners of RCU is Internet Brands. They own vBulletin too.

The time period you have to edit is a setting. I don't think we go for years. Still no problem. The engine mods know you well enough to do the work for you if RCU has any limitations. Just ask.

Last edited by blw; 08-07-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Spelling