Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Picture loading speed,,

So I can't help but notice the picture galleries load much slower since the new software swap,,, I also notice the same users posting the same pictures on other website load much much faster, and the file sizes are much larger here..

Seems to me the site is no longer truncating or reducing the file sizes like it used to do automatically before.

am I wrong here is there a admin setting that needs adjusting?

Getting the pics to load faster would make the site more enjoyable

TIA
    You're so smart,, you figured out how to read this!! Or maybe ya just got lucky??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Might just be being ignored by the system administrators is part of why this site is bleeding to death.

A simple, we'll look into it would have been nice,,,
    You're so smart,, you figured out how to read this!! Or maybe ya just got lucky??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I want to apologize as I/we don't ignore issues from our members. For whatever reason I did not see this when you initially posted it. I will pass this on to our team at IB for them to look at.

Once again, I am sorry.

Ken
    The take off is optional, but the landing is MANDATORY!!
    RCU Forum Manager
    www.gettingairborne.com
    RCKen Publications
    Brotherhood's
    Ultra Sport Brother #1
    Sig Brotherhood #4
    Balsa USA #4

Administrator
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by scale only 4 me View Post
    Might just be being ignored by the system administrators is part of why this site is bleeding to death.

A simple, we'll look into it would have been nice,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by RCKen View Post
    I want to apologize as I/we don't ignore issues from our members. For whatever reason I did not see this when you initially posted it. I will pass this on to our team at IB for them to look at.

Once again, I am sorry.

Ken

Scale only 4 me,
    We apologize for the lack of response. We will see if this is something that can be fixed or adjusted from the admin site. I will let you know as soon as I found out. Thank you for your understanding.

Ken,
    Thank you for letting us know!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I just got an answer from the programmers on this issue. They have this issue on their "list" of things that they are going to do. Because of the size of fixing this matter that you have addressed they are going to have to finished fixing a couple of other things before they tackle this one. One thing they need to fix first is the email notifications not working properly. But once they finish those other 2 items they will work in this matter.

Ken
    RCU Forum Manager
    www.gettingairborne.com
    RCKen Publications
    Brotherhood's
    Ultra Sport Brother #1
    Sig Brotherhood #4
    Balsa USA #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    LOL,, the check is in the mail,,, thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Original post from 9-20? wowwwwwww. I have no problems getting email notices but the picture issue has been going on for a while. Makes you wonder if the programers ever go on this site and try it out for themselves.
    If what you believed to be true was false would you want to know the truth?

"You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free".

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by raptureboy View Post
    Original post from 9-20? wowwwwwww. I have no problems getting email notices but the picture issue has been going on for a while. Makes you wonder if the programers ever go on this site and try it out for themselves.
    The problem isn't with getting notices by email, it's with clicking on the links in those notices. There are huge problems with those links going to the wrong posts within the given thread. It's a huge problem and lot of people are having the issues. Once they have that fixed than can move on to other issues. I can assure you that I am constantly staying in contact with the programmers to get these issues resolved. Trust me, they affect me just as much as they do everybody else.

Ken
    RCU Forum Manager
    www.gettingairborne.com
    RCKen Publications
    Brotherhood's
    Ultra Sport Brother #1
    Sig Brotherhood #4
    Balsa USA #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Makes ya wonder Ken how RCG or FG or all the other sites do it fine,, but here we get stuck with some disfunction software over and over,, the whole point was to elliminate problems.

Same users, same pictures on RCG download for viewing 4-5 times faster than here, because the other site reduce file size on upload,, this has to just be a box to check in the admin panel, what's the big deal?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by scale only 4 me View Post
    Makes ya wonder Ken how RCG or FG or all the other sites do it fine,, but here we get stuck with some disfunction software over and over,, the whole point was to elliminate problems.

Same users, same pictures on RCG download for viewing 4-5 times faster than here, because the other site reduce file size on upload,, this has to just be a box to check in the admin panel, what's the big deal?
    You are absolutely correct that "the other guys" are just fine while we are still dealing with software issues. And if we had completely thrown out the "old" site and come back up with a brand new site on vBulletin we wouldn't have the problems that we do now. But since we had to migrate all of RCU from the old software to the new software we brought many of the problems from the old site here to vBulletin. So why would we go through all of the hassles of the move if we still have the same problems here? Simple, with vBulletin we now have the capabilities of fixing those problems where we didnt' with with old software. The system that RCU used to be ran was put out by a company that went out of business many many years ago. Back then the owners of RCU made a choice to stay with the software and simply made code changes to it themselves. Which worked fine when there was only one programmer doing the coding and he knew where everything was. But the bad thing about that was that the software became very "fragile" and when we moved to the new owners the team of programmers had to learn everything that was customized in a software that no longer had any support system at all.

RCG and FG made the choice long ago to run on vBulletin (the same as we are running now), and RCU stayed on the software they were on. It was a choice made that turned out to be a hassle because the company that wrote our software went out of business, and vBulletin (which by the way is OWNED by our parent company, Internet Brands) was developed, supported, and grown to become a very good software platform. When we moved our site to vBulletin we brought over a bunch of issues from our old software, but now we have a dedicated team programmers to address all the issues we have. Unfortunately those fixes aren't happening overnight because of the size of RCU. Heck, in just pictures alone RCU has over 26 million pictures uploaded by users and attached to the forums. Because of the size of RCU fixes unfortunately take a bit of time, but they are happening and Internet Brands is dedicated to making RCU right.

Hope this helps

Ken
    RCU Forum Manager
    www.gettingairborne.com
    RCKen Publications
    Brotherhood's
    Ultra Sport Brother #1
    Sig Brotherhood #4
    Balsa USA #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Another 2 months go by and nothing,,

Is it me or has the site started running even slower lately?,, the page load speed is ridicules,, I've given up view pics if they are over 3-400kb

My machine runs fast and just fine anywhere but RCU now,, giving this great upgrade experiment a fail.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Load your PIX on www.photobucket.com

You won't have to do "atatchments" & you can load them in the text like this.

Then write more text before posting the next picture.

It makes the story flow much better if you are doing a how-to or build log.

The site also re-sizes the PIX for posting on web sites.
    Club Saito #785 - FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel
    SIG BH #41
    - 1/3 Spacewalker, Rascal 110
    CUB BH #231 - Wings Maker 1/5 J-3 Cub

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150 View Post
    Load your PIX on www.photobucket.com

The site also re-sizes the PIX for posting on web sites.
    Hey, that's awesome,,,
    Now if you can get the 60,000 other members to do it that way and the site will be fun to browse again.

I'm talking about viewing other's pics,, not uploading mine.

I used to use PB when the site had problems, was actually told by moderators to use the upload system not remote host.

Thanks anyway

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crickets.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	1971785

???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Are you still having problems loading pictures?? What problems do you have??

Ken
    RCU Forum Manager
    www.gettingairborne.com
    RCKen Publications
    Brotherhood's
    Ultra Sport Brother #1
    Sig Brotherhood #4
    Balsa USA #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Not a problem if I want to wait for a 2 to 3mb picture to take 10-15 seconds to download each picture from these slow servers. It's OK, I've pretty much realized the Tecs don't give a crap,, if it's over 1mb file, I don't bother, i just enjoy the thumbs

You guys want to waste bandwidth and storage space uploading huge files,, have at it,, aint the way it used to be.

You do see this site is dying right?
    Last edited by scale only 4 me; 03-05-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    What kind of connection are you using to reach the forums? Mobile? Wifi? Dial-up?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I'm using high speed cable at 100mbs and it takes about 10 seconds for most pictures to load so I just gave up. I have to admit that this site has turned into mostly a place where people come to whine about FPV, Arfs, and Hobbyking
    If what you believed to be true was false would you want to know the truth?

"You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free".

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Me too, have had Cable for 9 years,,

ha,, do I have dial up,, too funny
    Last edited by scale only 4 me; 07-31-2014 at 06:17 PM.