Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Having slowdown issues post here

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Having slowdown issues post here

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 06:15 PM
ctflyboy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having slowdown issues post here

I have been having slow down issues I am active in 2 threads 1. Top Flite Giant Scale Corsair by Bossman, 2. Waco Ymf by Stick builder, I have noticed that in these threads going from page to page it is extremely slow, even going from thread to thread it seems it takes some time to load. I have asked a few of my online friends if they have been having trouble as well and they all agreed these individuals are from different parts of the country,
I encourage anyone & everyone who are having slowdown issues to PLEASE POST HERE this way the people at RCU can address their problems.
Thank you,
Old 03-30-2015, 05:21 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Many threads on this subject,, it's obvious the RCU tech guys know of the complaints,, this has been going on for almost 2 years now with no fix.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:51 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you're having an issue:

1. Be specific as to what is happening. Give us step by step instructions on how to reproduce the issue.
2. Tell us your browser type and version, and device type if using mobile.
3. When did this start?
Old 04-01-2015, 01:07 PM
ctflyboy

OK I have asked twice,no response thru PM's. how do you determine browser type ?
Old 04-01-2015, 01:12 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by ctflyboy
OK I have asked twice,no response thru PM's. how do you determine browser type ?
I'm guessing if you don't know and are on a PC you're using Internet Explorer, and if you're on a Mac you're using Safari. But you should be able to click the settings button at the top, and "about".

Also, could I trouble you to change your font back to the forum default? That Comic Sans (or whatever it is) is murder on the eyes.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:53 PM
ctflyboy

Originally Posted by IBobi
I'm guessing if you don't know and are on a PC you're using Internet Explorer, and if you're on a Mac you're using Safari. But you should be able to click the settings button at the top, and "about".

Also, could I trouble you to change your font back to the forum default? That Comic Sans (or whatever it is) is murder on the eyes.
your right I am on a PC and I am using Internet Explorer I did click on the setting button on top and nothing appened
Old 04-01-2015, 05:57 PM
IBobi

OK, so you're on IE.

Tell me what you're doing when you experience slowness, click by click.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:26 PM
ctflyboy

I just typed it all in clicked on Post Quick Reply and all my test disappeared. will try again tomorrow
Old 04-02-2015, 07:42 AM
ctflyboy

Ibobi,
All right I'll give this another attempt but if I lose all of my text this I'M DONE. you asked for a click by click here goes.
Go to my favorites and click on either Top Flite Giant Scale CORSAIR by Bossman or WACO YMF by Stickbuilder, click on either thread in my favorites and sit here & wait. Go to favorites click on from 1 thread to another sit there and wait,. go to page click on another page and you have to wait
This has been ongoing for sometime I didn't document anything,I don't feel as thought I have to. Please read post # 2(above) its obvious that RCU has problems with the site.
Thank you for your attention in this matter.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:53 PM
IBobi

Thanks for your patience.

You are describing two issues:

1. Slowness in reloading pages (how slow is it? I am not seeing the slowness, nor are most users, otherwise we'd be seeing many more reports)
2. Text disappearing -- when you try to post?

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies? Have you run your A/V software?
Old 04-02-2015, 06:53 PM
ctflyboy

Ibobi,
1. I never timed it I would say 30 seconds to a minute
2. that was my fault, I typed everything in and clicked on reply to thread that when it all disappeared I clicked on that by mistake instead of post quick reply.
I'M ALL DONE, I've answered your questions to the best of my ability.
As far as I'm concerned from where I sit I can see RCU has a problem so I'll just live with it. Ken Issacs is aware of this. Unfortunately, my online friends don't want to get involved.
Thank you for your time & troubles
George
Old 04-02-2015, 06:55 PM
ctflyboy

Ibobi,
Forgot to mention if you want you can close this thread out
Old 04-03-2015, 01:54 AM
stevegauth30

I have been experiencing somewhat different problems than George. Sorry it took so long to reply. Any way, here's my scenario. I'm on an IPAD, with the latest IOS, and my problem started maybe 3 or 4 months back. For all I know it may be with my iPad. So, I'll be signed in, and checking my subscribed threads, and I'll get kicked out. When I try to sign back in, it won't let me. I'll type in my user name and PW, and my profile screen comes up, but when I click on ANYTHING, it sends me back to re type my user name and PW. This will go on for sometimes an hour or two before it starts working again. It happens at least once a day, sometimes more. I'm not claiming it has to be something with RCU, like I said, it may be my iPad. Maybe someone here can help?