Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

'Staying Logged in' Problem -- SEE POST #22 FIRST

Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

'Staying Logged in' Problem -- SEE POST #22 FIRST

Old 08-15-2015, 02:34 AM
Blancr

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 'Staying Logged in' Problem -- SEE POST #22 FIRST

Am suffering from an acute dose of this problem and the link 'having problems staying logged in - read me' doesn't work. Neither does sending messages to the web master. Anyone have a solutions?
Thanks
Bob
Old 08-15-2015, 04:33 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been battling this for months. Finally gave up when I figured it was just something my iPad did. My iPhone and iMac rarely do it. I finally went into my passwords area and was able to remove it, sign in again and problems appear to have gone away. Sorry, I'm an Apple person so don't know on Windows.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:33 AM
Blancr

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
I've been battling this for months. Finally gave up when I figured it was just something my iPad did. My iPhone and iMac rarely do it. I finally went into my passwords area and was able to remove it, sign in again and problems appear to have gone away. Sorry, I'm an Apple person so don't know on Windows.
Thanks for responding Patrnflyr - I'm Windows 10 but it's been happening with Windows 7 also.
Bob
Old 08-15-2015, 07:44 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can be bothered to give me chapter and verse as to exactly what you see when you have to log in again I will pass it on to our tech guys.

This is not something I have heard of before or experienced myself. I run Win 7 and Chrome or IE and have had no problems once I am logged in.

There has been an ongoing issue with ab initio logging in which [ fingers crossed ] might be fixed now.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:49 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

J.duncker I get the same problem as blancr regularly getting logged out then next time it logs in again then logs out for many times. Happens on different computers. You can't say you have never heard of it, it was rife when the forum was taken over and changed, there were many threads about it, and i suspect we have given up mentioning it.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:00 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Have the same problem. It also happens on iOS
Old 08-15-2015, 08:59 AM
Blancr

Originally Posted by j.duncker
If you can be bothered to give me chapter and verse as to exactly what you see when you have to log in again I will pass it on to our tech guys.

This is not something I have heard of before or experienced myself. I run Win 7 and Chrome or IE and have had no problems once I am logged in.

There has been an ongoing issue with ab initio logging in which [ fingers crossed ] might be fixed now.
Here's what happens:

It just drive you around in a circle which, of course, just leaves you very frustrated
Bob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Log in problem.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	2114485   Click image for larger version

Name:	Log in problem.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	2114486   Click image for larger version

Name:	Logging in 2.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	2114487  
Old 08-15-2015, 09:26 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 223 Likes on 114 Posts

Same problem here.

Happens on my iphone, ipad and my win7 computer. Sometimes i'll be logged on all the time, then ill go back and i'll be logged off. Refresh the page of change the page and im logged on. Open a seperate tab from the tabbed im logged on or off of and my login status will be the opposite.

Frustrating, but ive just given up posting most of the time.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:52 AM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same as the last two responses with me, as well. Happens on my iMac continually, and often on my iPhone. None of the links provided to fix the problem actually work; and, sometimes, I am unable to log-in and post for days at a time. Extremely frustrating!

Additionally, I have an incredibly difficult time trying to post pictures to threads, and view pics that others have downloaded.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:48 AM
dbacque
My Feedback: (3)

I've been seeing it long enough to have realized that it's when my computer is rebooted. It will remember for days but when a nighttime update requires the computer to reboot, that's when RCU requires me to log in again. I also have to reload Adobe Flash every time it reboots. It all started when I allowed Microsoft to upgrade me to IE 11. It never did it before then.

Dave
Old 08-15-2015, 06:33 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I happens on my cell phone home computer work computer and laptop. Does not matter if its crome firefox or IE. It does it with windows 7 8 vista and now win10. Took me forever to log on and just type this reply..........
Old 08-15-2015, 07:18 PM
sidgates

My problem is slightly different. If I am viewing as guest, then log in it will not automatically take me back to where I was when I logged in. Then I have to go to forums. then airplanes and then rc-jets. I am on Win 7 and this problem has been happening for a long time.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:35 AM
j.duncker

GRR this is really frustrating and I thought it was fixed.

Originally Posted by Blancr
Here's what happens:

It just drive you around in a circle which, of course, just leaves you very frustrated
Bob
This problem is the one I call the ab initio log in. It has been coming and going since the upgrade. In the last few months I have only had this happen two or three times. I usually try twice then give up and try again next day.The rest of the time I go straight to the mods home page and am logged in.

I know this is no consolation to you and others who are frustrated.

The usual advice from the tech guys is to clear your cache and delete any cookies.. For me this worked about 30% of the time, post update.

I will pass this on to the tech guys and see if they have anything new.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:37 AM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My iPad had the privacy icon on in the internet. As soon as I removed it I dont have that problem anymore
Old 08-16-2015, 12:33 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys, I've sent a report to our tech staff so that they can take a look at this issue and see if there is a problem here. However, before then there are few things that you can try first that they are going to tell you to do, so we can get it done now and see if that might clear it up. Go into your browser settings and dump all of the cache history out (you can save any bookmarks you have saved). Close out your browser and then restart the browser and then restart it and see if it is still giving your problems. Also, you need to make sure that you have your browser set to accept cookies. If you are concerned about security and don't want unwanted spam and have turned off this setting on your computer you can tell it to accept cookies only from RCU. This is especially important that this setting is set otherwise your computer/browser will never remember who you are or if you are logged in. Check all of these settings and then once again try RCU and see if can stay logged in. If not let us know so that our tech support/programmers can take a look at the issue. You should be able to report in the this thread if you are still having problems, since I have brought their attention to this thread they should be monitoring it now.

As usual, if you having any problems here on RCU you are always welcome to PM me directly with those problems and I'll will do everything within my powers to resolve those issues.

Ken
Old 08-16-2015, 03:00 PM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I see the "not logged in" page and press the log in button and it takes me to "my page" where I'm signed in to see all my stats. When I go to my forums, it goes back to not logged in status. All Apple products. Less often on iPhone and iMac but routinely on iPad. I've found under iOS, you can go in and erase individual passwords. I took out all the RCU stuff without having to erase a ton of work by dumping my cache and cookies. It seems to be working ok now
Old 08-16-2015, 05:01 PM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
I see the "not logged in" page and press the log in button and it takes me to "my page" where I'm signed in to see all my stats. When I go to my forums, it goes back to not logged in status. All Apple products. Less often on iPhone and iMac but routinely on iPad. I've found under iOS, you can go in and erase individual passwords. I took out all the RCU stuff without having to erase a ton of work by dumping my cache and cookies. It seems to be working ok now
This is exactly what is happening to me. In android phone. Its says to login and then takes me to login page where i am already logged in. Please fix this
Old 08-16-2015, 11:12 PM
Blancr

Originally Posted by RCKen
Ok guys, I've sent a report to our tech staff so that they can take a look at this issue and see if there is a problem here. However, before then there are few things that you can try first that they are going to tell you to do, so we can get it done now and see if that might clear it up. Go into your browser settings and dump all of the cache history out (you can save any bookmarks you have saved). Close out your browser and then restart the browser and then restart it and see if it is still giving your problems. Also, you need to make sure that you have your browser set to accept cookies. If you are concerned about security and don't want unwanted spam and have turned off this setting on your computer you can tell it to accept cookies only from RCU. This is especially important that this setting is set otherwise your computer/browser will never remember who you are or if you are logged in. Check all of these settings and then once again try RCU and see if can stay logged in. If not let us know so that our tech support/programmers can take a look at the issue. You should be able to report in the this thread if you are still having problems, since I have brought their attention to this thread they should be monitoring it now.

As usual, if you having any problems here on RCU you are always welcome to PM me directly with those problems and I'll will do everything within my powers to resolve those issues.

Ken
Hi Ken,

Did that - still have the problem
Bob
Old 08-16-2015, 11:56 PM
HarryC

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Ken, the problem is rcu, blaming it on users' own PC settings is the standard IT Dept response when you interrupt their daydreaming. Lots of us have the problem with RCU, we don't have the problem with any other forums, the problem is therefore RCU. Don't let IT Dept bull**** you that the users all need to clear their caches, change their settings, blah blah blah.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:25 AM
Lifer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Same problem here. My subscribed threads still come up but I can't post. I try to get to the Home page and it doesn't happen. Settings on my computer makes no difference. Today is the first time in a week I can post. It's nothing I've done because this morning all is back to normal, at least for a while.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:06 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Wow, that's a first. Apple jhas a lot more problems than Microsoft
Old 08-17-2015, 04:13 PM
IBobi

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation Possible resolutions, and knowledge drop

A few things:

First, the screen shot that was pasted in here by Blancr -- the link is *not* where you pointed to, where it says:
Are you having login problems? Read me!
The link is *underneath* that where it says:
Some members have had trouble logging in or staying logged in. Please try logging in after clicking here

Click where it says "clicking here".

This will clear your login session cookies.

A link to that page is here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cookies.php

Second, this should be your login routine:

1. Go to https://www.rcuniverse.com/login-for...emberadmin.cfm and enter your Username and Password, and click "Log In"
2. Do not forget to have cookies ENABLED on your browser; otherwise *you will not stay logged in*.
3. After you click Log In, you will be taken to a short interstitial screen thanking you for logging in. Then it will take you to your Member Account Info Page, showing your member profile.
4. When you click FORUMS in the header menu, you will be logged in.

It is important to know that RCU is actually two sites linked together: the forums (which runs on VBulletin), and the Marketplace/home page/everything else (which runs on Windows). There is a single sign-on that logs you into both. But there may be some instances where you will *appear* to be logged in but you won't really be logged into both sides of the site. If you follow the above steps, you ought not to have a problem.

IF YOU STILL HAVE ISSUES AFTER FOLLOWING THE ABOVE,

Please post the following:
1. Your device type (desktop/laptop, windows phone, android phone, iPad)
2. Your browser type and version
3. You O/S

This way, if there is an issue affecting users of one type of device or browser, it helps us narrow down the problem.

Thank you,

Paul
Old 08-17-2015, 04:20 PM
IBobi

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Also I am moving this topic to the proper tech forum. Please do NOT post site issues inside a nested forum -- they all need to go here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...-problems-239/

Otherwise our tech liaisons cannot see them.

Mods, if you see site issues being posted in places other than this forum, please move them there so I can see them.

Paul
Old 08-18-2015, 12:28 AM
Blancr

Hi Paul,

I click on the link 'underneath' and follow the route you suggest. There's no 'remember me' box anywhere. So I do exactly what you say and still have the problem.

I'm Windows 10 (previously Win7), Browser is IE v11 and device type is laptop.
Bob

Last edited by Blancr; 08-18-2015 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:20 AM
Lifer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

My log-in problems happen for a few days then clear up with no actions on my part. Doesn't seem to correlate with your description above.
Working fine....for now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.