Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

'Staying Logged in' Problem -- SEE POST #22 FIRST

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

'Staying Logged in' Problem -- SEE POST #22 FIRST

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 01:03 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Blancr
Hi Paul,

I click on the link 'underneath' and follow the route you suggest. There's no 'remember me' box anywhere. So I do exactly what you say and still have the problem.

I'm Windows 10 (previously Win7), Browser is IE v11 and device type is laptop.
Bob
So this is what happens:

1. You click the link that deletes your cookies.
2. You log in as described above
3. You are logged out after doing...what?
4. What is your indication that you are logged out? Do the forums say you're logged out? Is it in the Marketplace?
5. Do you try to refresh your screen in the forums, or post, and test if you are actually logged out?
Old 08-18-2015, 10:28 PM
Blancr

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't log out - that's the whole point - I want to stay logged in! I only know I have been logged out the next time I try to use RCU. The only indication that I'm logged out is when I try to access RCU again and I get the banner that says "Do you want to create an account" (see post 7). I am actually logged out because I can't post or see any of my subscriptions. I am clearly logged out but I get no formal indication of moving from 'logged in' to 'logged out'. The only thing that happens between being logged in and then not being logged in is that the browser is closed at the end of my session.
Bob
Old 08-19-2015, 12:41 PM
IBobi

I don't log out - that's the whole point - I want to stay logged in! I only know I have been logged out the next time I try to use RCU. The only indication that I'm logged out is when I try to access RCU again and I get the banner that says "Do you want to create an account" (see post 7). I am actually logged out because I can't post or see any of my subscriptions. I am clearly logged out but I get no formal indication of moving from 'logged in' to 'logged out'. The only thing that happens between being logged in and then not being logged in is that the browser is closed at the end of my session.
Bob
Oh, you get logged out *between sessions*? That's different.

Check your browser to be certain it is not dumping cookies when you close a window. That would cause it.

Login is *cookie based* on RCU guys.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:00 PM
Blancr

Originally Posted by IBobi
Oh, you get logged out *between sessions*? That's different.

Check your browser to be certain it is not dumping cookies when you close a window. That would cause it.

Login is *cookie based* on RCU guys.
Checked - and not dumping cookies. Don't think it can be my machine. Sometimes I stay logged in for 2 or 3 session and then I have to try and log in 3,4,5,6 times before I can get back in.

Bob
Old 08-20-2015, 02:49 PM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry but as many people that are having issues over numerous os its not on or end. I just came back today and same thing, however when you click here to clear cookies it took me to another screen that did not have the login name and password. So i go to different screen, login, and it shows im still not logged in.

Then i log back in. It shows im logged in. I go to airplane forum and it says im no longer logged in.
please fix this. This is only sight i have issues with.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:07 PM
Lifer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Exactly what is happening to me as well.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:46 PM
IBobi

Anyone having issues, read this:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...l#post12085802

If you are not posting your info as requested, you haven't read it, and I can't help you.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:29 AM
Blancr

Don't know if this will help but I'm based in the UK and am usually still logged in when I bring up RCU in the morning. I mostly stay logged in during my morning / early afternoon but I can guarantee to be logged out after 3pm my time i.e. when a good part of the USA is up and active. This may be completely irrelevant but thought I'd toss it in just in case.
Bob
Old 08-25-2015, 02:13 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I've had this problem repeatedly,, 3-4 times at least over the last couple years, again today. The best solution I found is to manually erase all RCU cookies and browsing history,, then the "log in" holds until what ever sets it off again happens, typically its months before it happens again.

good luck all.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:02 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
I've had this problem repeatedly,, 3-4 times at least over the last couple years, again today. The best solution I found is to manually erase all RCU cookies and browsing history,, then the "log in" holds until what ever sets it off again happens, typically its months before it happens again.

good luck all.
Yes -- that is what the login cookie erasing link posted above does.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:58 AM
scale only 4 me

Question remains why is it necessary in the first place and why only on this web site?
Old 09-04-2015, 09:15 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Default Log in problems AGAIN

After a couple on months without problems I could not get logged in yesterday pm. [ 3rd September. ]

Same old Same old Asks me to log in. Click on log in and go straight to my profile page so it knows who I am. Go anywhere else and it is back to the log in page.

Did the 'cookies' thing but no change.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:13 AM
Blancr

Yes -- that is what the login cookie erasing link posted above does.
Hi - any progress with this problem or any further insights you can share?
Thanks
Bob
Old 09-08-2015, 11:06 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Hopefully Paul (IBobi) sees and passes it to the tech team. I don't have any way to help on issues such as this.

Sorry

Ken
Old 09-08-2015, 01:08 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

I do not expect you to fix it Ken but am just reporting it FYI

However it is a real longstanding issue which must be driving members to competing forums.

I visit a number of forums on a regular basis and never have similar log in issues. The tech guys need to fix this.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:37 PM
IBobi

Hi - any progress with this problem or any further insights you can share?
Thanks
Bob
I will ping tech and see what is up.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:06 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Horse pucky I've done all that and the same thing happens. I can come back to the site for days and it logs right in then out of the blue I cannot log in to the actual forums no matter what. Even if I clear everything cookies, cache etc. everything in history then close the browser and try again. It will go as far as my personal info page but if I attempt any forum it tells me I am not logged on. Sometimes I can go to the market place instead then from there sometimes I can access the forums. Most times I just go to other RC forums and a day or two when I come back I can log on. It’s intermittent and inconsistent. Happens with my home network on 3 different computers with 2 different operating systems. It happens when I am tethered to my phone on a completely different IP and a third operating system. Two separate IPs windows xp professional, windows 7 and windows 8 it’s not the PCs or the operators it’s your end. I've tried all your tips and tricks and nothing changes so RCU isn't my go to site any longer all the other sites there are no issues what so ever.

Dennis
Old 09-09-2015, 06:27 AM
Lifer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

My issues are the same as described as above, but I'll stick with RCU. While nobody is perfect, RCU has been a long-term source for good info and more than a few new friends.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:35 AM
IBobi

Anyone still seeing this issue, Please post the following:
1. Your device type (desktop/laptop, windows phone, android phone, iPad)
2. Your browser type and version
3. You O/S

Also if you have not already followed the advice in post #22, please do so FIRST.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:51 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I totally understand and feel you pain. It is a real PITA. I have noticed this myself a few times as well, but normally I just chalk it up to the fact that I access RCU from about 8-9 different computers each week so I don't worry about it too much. I'll shoot an email to Paul so that he knows you are still having problems.

Ken
Old 09-09-2015, 12:07 PM
Propworn

Originally Posted by Lifer
My issues are the same as described as above, but I'll stick with RCU. While nobody is perfect, RCU has been a long-term source for good info and more than a few new friends.
I frequent a few different sites/forums RCU was one of my first original ones but if I have trouble trying to log on I don't jump through any hoops to get on here. If I can I can if not there are others less frustrating.

Dennis
Old 09-09-2015, 12:20 PM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by Propworn
Horse pucky I've done all that and the same thing happens. I can come back to the site for days and it logs right in then out of the blue I cannot log in to the actual forums no matter what. Even if I clear everything cookies, cache etc. everything in history then close the browser and try again. It will go as far as my personal info page but if I attempt any forum it tells me I am not logged on. Sometimes I can go to the market place instead then from there sometimes I can access the forums. Most times I just go to other RC forums and a day or two when I come back I can log on. It’s intermittent and inconsistent. Happens with my home network on 3 different computers with 2 different operating systems. It happens when I am tethered to my phone on a completely different IP and a third operating system. Two separate IPs windows xp professional, windows 7 and windows 8 it’s not the PCs or the operators it’s your end. I've tried all your tips and tricks and nothing changes so RCU isn't my go to site any longer all the other sites there are no issues what so ever.

Dennis
I was trying "Post 22" aka log off, log on,,didn't work, half the (old site) site would say I was logged on, new forums say I'm logged off,,,

When this happens the only thing that works for me is going to my Browser (Chrome) Settings and manually delete all RCU cookies. Not too hard to do really, but a little bit of a pita to just "have" to do it.

WTH, I've been on RCU since before it was RCU,, I'll tough it out until it completely dies..

good luck
Old 09-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Propworn

3. You O/S

Also if you have not already followed the advice in post #22, please do so FIRST.
Home network: www.cogeco.ca

Desktop #1 Windows XP Professional service pack 3, Chrome 45.0.2454.85

Desktop #2 Windows 7 home edition Firefox 40.0.3 and Chrome 45.0.2454.85, Chrome is
Default browser. Happens with Firefox as well.

Laptop #1 Dual boot Windows 8 professional and XP professional service pack 3
Chrome 45.0.2454.85

Tethered to android phone, Bell Canada ISP using Asus note book windows 8 Chrome 45.o.2454.85
Old 09-09-2015, 01:05 PM
Blancr

3. You O/S

Laptop, Internet Explorer v11, Windows 10.

Bob
Old 09-09-2015, 04:53 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
I was trying "Post 22" aka log off, log on,,didn't work, half the (old site) site would say I was logged on, new forums say I'm logged off,,,

When this happens the only thing that works for me is going to my Browser (Chrome) Settings and manually delete all RCU cookies. Not too hard to do really, but a little bit of a pita to just "have" to do it.

WTH, I've been on RCU since before it was RCU,, I'll tough it out until it completely dies..

good luck
Did you also try using the "cookie kill" link in that post?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.