Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Ads

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 02:50 PM
spike5150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ads inside the posts need to be removed. Very tacky and seriously detracts from the user experience. Please remove them

Last edited by spike5150; 09-13-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:00 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee
... I switched to RC Groups. It's quicker, easier, and no drama or *****ing.

In just two days, I have less aggrivation, no BS, and made three purchases.
See everyone there!
HA ! Give it while and you'll find that place has more drama and BS than you think exists here! Especially in the trading/selling forums.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:45 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee
I found a better and easier way to avoid the trashy ad problem on RCU ... I switched to RC Groups. It's quicker, easier and no drama or *****ing.

In just two days, I have less stress, no BS, and made three purchases.
See everyone there!
Thanks! but one jet forum is enough for me... :-)

Also unlike 15 years ago there are so many channels of comunication with jet and other areas of interest friends that I will keep this place for a while.,, the forum lost some of it relevance but it is still worth visiting.,, mostly to see how old friends are doing.

Last edited by erbroens; 09-13-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:36 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Latest thing for me - video ads. Way to eat up my bandwidth and data plan RCU.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:45 PM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WELCOME TO RCU, WHERE NOTHING CAN GO WRONG GO WRONG GO WRONG GO WRONG.......................
Old 09-14-2015, 09:07 AM
Blancr

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

For those using IE - this may help - it certainly solved my problem
Bob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nB00Nux_cc
Old 09-14-2015, 11:47 AM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi guys,

A few things!

One, if you report an issue with the site over the weekend, I will not see it (and can't begin to do anything about it) until I return on Monday.

Two, if you report issues with the website, but you do it somewhere other than the forum where such issues are supposed to be reported, I won't see them until someone who HAS seen them sends me a PM.

If you have any issues with the site, we have a forum for that, and it is http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...-problems-239/. When something is posted there, I get an alert to go look! When something is posted elsewhere, I get no alert, and I don't see it. And it stays the way it is. Use the support forum!

Three, I have now reported the ads issue to our ad ops guy. Hopefully it can be resolved soon.

Thank you for reporting. I will now move this thread into the the support forum.

Paul
Old 09-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Annoying pop-ups.

RCU, what's up with these? Need more money to pay the staff with? Oh yeah, that's right, most of the help in here is unpaid so that can't be it.
Ad Choices is annoying enough wherever I go much less having to deal with them in here.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:59 PM
yorkiepap
My Feedback: (18)

Hey Ron,
I agree....definitely a PIA. If they don't eliminate them, I'll remove this site from my bookmarks & go elsewhere.

Denny
Old 09-14-2015, 07:31 PM
jcstalls
My Feedback: (7)

Wow, and right within your post.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	npst.PNG
Views:	60
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	2119999  
Old 09-15-2015, 11:07 AM
IBobi

Guys, I don't see a pop up. A pop up is a window that covers the window you're reading. Are you just referring to the ad next to the text in a post?
Old 09-15-2015, 11:14 AM
IBobi

Moving this to the Support forum.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:42 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
The ad's suck, the problem is they will keep running them because while people will complain for a while eventually they will succumb and deal with it and RCU knows this. The percentage of people who will actually leave the site because of this is likely going to be less than 1/2%.
What bothers me about the ad's though is that so far, I've seen ad's for senior russion male order brides, weiner enlargement (apparently RCU filters our P E N I S but you can still say dick, schlong, wang, doodle, hoo ha, cock, tool, diddle stick, weiner, pocket rocket, purple headed warrior), sexy lingerie and travel to Cuba.
We can't have a viable search engine to look for airplane stuff on the site, but it's teaching me how to make my dick bigger, get an old wife that I won't have to live with long (senior), buy her some sexy crap to wear and go on a vacation to some tropical destination.
Good job RCU!!!!!

Oh, and I'm sure the site owners will gladly say that the ad's come up based on your normal everyday searches, well, I can honestly say that I have never searched for any of those things, outside of lingerie I highly doubt my wife has either!
I thought you bought the lingerie for yourself
Old 09-15-2015, 05:46 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by IBobi
Guys, I don't see a pop up. A pop up is a window that covers the window you're reading. Are you just referring to the ad next to the text in a post?
The term "pop up" might not have been used in the traditional sense, but your right, typically those block your view when opened, or you hover over a word that hyperlinked and up comes something else.

In this instant case, the ads are huge on typically on the right side of the screen. They make a page where you can post/read a comment go from 13 inches across down to 6 inches. There are a couple of examples already posted in this thread. It's the same regardless of IE, Mozilla, or phone/tablet usage.

If it's an intentional change, it is what it is. The site has the right to monetize the pages as they see fit, it's just cumbersome and not user friendly.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:18 PM
IBobi

That is true, they will squeeze that top post by about 1/3 or so. The effect will vary depending on what device you use and what your screen settings are.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:23 PM
porcia83
Banned

So was this an intentional change to the site?
Old 09-15-2015, 06:27 PM
IBobi

Yes this is anew ad placement.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:15 PM
adavis

It seems that posts to this thread that suggest any possible strategy to avoid the new RCU Ads are being deleted.

I have just read the RCU Rules of Posting and cannot find anything which suggests that discussion of this nature is not permitted.

Incidently, the Rules of Posting have become difficult to read becase of the large Ad which restricts a very long posting to a very narrow column.

Can somebody from RCU please provide clarification?

Best Regards,
=Adrian=

Last edited by adavis; 09-16-2015 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:30 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by adavis
It seems that posts to this thread that suggest any possible strategy to avoid the new RCU Ads are being deleted.

I have just read the RCU Rules of Posting and cannot find anything which suggests that discussion of this nature is not permitted.

Incidently, the Rules of Posting have become difficult to read becase of the large Ad which restricts a very long posting to a very narrow column.

Can somebody from RCU please provide clarification?

Best Regards,
=Adrian=
For what it's worth this is a privately owned site that costs nothing to use.....it's a business. The "cost" of using the site for free is that some ads take up space. Not hard to understand why a mod would delete references to a work around so that you suppress the ads. Again, it's their site and they can do what they want. The options for users is to stop coming here, deal with the ads, or google the solution to the problem. If it's a huge issue for enough people and clicks and usage continues to decrease, then that might get someones attention at IB and they will change the way their operate the site. Or not.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:33 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

For me, at least, the ads are no big deal as long as they don't interfere with reading posts. As long as the ads are either R/C related or generic stuff like cars, Amazon, State Farm etc, they're fine, its the male enhancement and other adult focused stuff that are the issue.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:36 PM
porcia83
Banned

Agree...it's like lowest common denominator ads. Cheapens the brand in my opinion, but hey....it is what it is.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:19 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, these ads are based on your browsing history.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:04 PM
IBobi

I totally agree about the questionable ad content guys. They do not belong on this site. We are hoping we have successfully blocked them now. If you see more, screenshot them and send them to me or just post them here and I'll kill them.

When we implemented the new placements, for some reason one of our ad networks started pushing this crap out and we have since shut them out of RCU.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:13 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by dubd
Guys, these ads are based on your browsing history.
No, that is incorrect in this case, as indicated above.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:31 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

But correct with the other ad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.