Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Ads

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 05:01 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do we have to keep posting and re-posting screen shots of the same problem ? Nothing has changed;the problem still exists. We are not exaggerating.
How about this ?
Post some links of other discussion forum sites that internet brands owns,manages,supports where they have implemented the same type of ad placement within the first post of every page. We can go to those sites and compare.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:30 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by thepamster
Really?
I took that picture with my I phone.
Where the right side of the screen shot is, has very little to do with anything.

Unsubscribed.
Holy cow....that was just amazing...where is the whole screen shot. One example after another isn't enough. It's one thing to be saddled with directives from the "home office", it's another to continue to act like nothing is wrong, and what is in place is reasonable and user friendly. Talk about tone deaf. Amazing, and not in a good way.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:40 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys, I have answered this one. If you view the site on a very small screen, you will see the narrow text column.

Until and unless I can get the ad removed (doubtful), it'll stay like that unless you view on a regular screen.

The reason for asking for the full screen shot is so I can see what is actually happening. Can't see the whole screen = can't see the whole problem.

Bottom line: if you have a small screen or make your screen smaller by some other means (i.e. what the pamster did above), you'll see squashed text.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:06 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
Guys, I have answered this one. If you view the site on a very small screen, you will see the narrow text column.

Until and unless I can get the ad removed (doubtful), it'll stay like that unless you view on a regular screen.

The reason for asking for the full screen shot is so I can see what is actually happening. Can't see the whole screen = can't see the whole problem.

Bottom line: if you have a small screen or make your screen smaller by some other means (i.e. what the pamster did above), you'll see squashed text.
Exactly,,that's the whole point of the thread,, Why act like you have some intention of fixing that specific issue when obviously you (IB) don't. Why not just come right out and tell the forum "sorry guys you're out of luck". The continual "Oh I'll ask the tech guys" is just insulting,, no one believes you've (IB) done anything to try and fix this to make the site more user friendly. Amazing.

Last edited by scale only 4 me; 11-12-2015 at 04:18 AM.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:44 AM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

So In today's tech world where a large majority are using phones and tablets, our screens are too small? How about your ad implementation is too over bearing? I'm not going to sit at my desk to view forums.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:25 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Mpizpilot
So In today's tech world where a large majority are using phones and tablets, our screens are too small? How about your ad implementation is too over bearing? I'm not going to sit at my desk to view forums.
and about 100,000 less hits happened over the past two months via desktop, guess we'll have to wait and see if that trend continues. Doesn't take a genius to figure out phones, tablets, and portable usage is way up, and will continue to trend that way. Seems like a bizzare thing to basically punish users by making it horribly difficult to use.

This place has grown 1.5 in web traffic over the past year, and has a quarter of the monthly visits the other RC place has (which by the way has grown over 11% in traffic over the past year).

I know the mods/admins have to carry out IB's instructions, but I hope they are passing the message along, and someone is looking at the big picture, or should I say cramped picture on phones.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:34 PM
IBobi

Guys,

I'm looking have the new ad placement moved to the space between post 1 and post 2. Stay tuned...

Paul
Old 11-12-2015, 05:37 PM
porcia83
Banned

Thanks for continuing the hear folks out...hopefully someone way upstairs listens.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:02 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

traveling right now, using a company laptop, that does not have any add blocking on it.
how on earth do yall put up with this?
all the text of the post limited to 3-4 words across a page and about 8 inches of column.

WOW...
Old 11-16-2015, 04:55 AM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by porcia83
Thanks for continuing the hear folks out...hopefully someone way upstairs listens.
Does it really take 2 months to get an answer at IB?? I doubt anyone is listening doood
Old 11-17-2015, 01:40 PM
IBobi

Change made. Ad is now located between 1 and 2.

Let me know if this causes any issues...

Paul
Old 11-17-2015, 01:48 PM
castlebravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul
MUCH Better!

CB
Old 11-17-2015, 01:50 PM
fireblade5437

Yes better position at least at least it does not result in long narrow column..

Alan

Paul
Old 11-17-2015, 03:30 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Does it really take 2 months to get an answer at IB?? I doubt anyone is listening doood
Apparently it does,and it worked...doesn't hurt to say please and thanks too.
Old 11-17-2015, 04:56 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Paul
Thank You !!
Old 11-18-2015, 04:01 AM
scale only 4 me

Apparently it does,and it worked...doesn't hurt to say please and thanks too.
Maybe there's hope after all,,,

Thanks IB
Old 11-18-2015, 07:40 AM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Guys,

I'm looking have the new ad placement moved to the space between post 1 and post 2. Stay tuned...

Paul
Thank You!

I am so happy.

I just logged in for a look and Wow, the ads where between posts 1 & 2.

Thanks again to all that helped.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:26 AM
porcia83
Banned

Maybe there's hope after all,,,

Thanks IB
Next up for fixing:

HK threads
AMA threads
LPU threads

Old 11-18-2015, 02:53 PM
scale only 4 me

The system truncating picture file size on upload like it used to is on my short list
Old 11-18-2015, 04:37 PM
thepamster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul
I thought I would jump back in here since it does appear that the problem was fixed by moving the ad out of the first post and place it in between.

Thank You.

Now can you do something about all of this drone business?
Old 11-18-2015, 05:08 PM
IBobi

Old 11-18-2015, 06:16 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Next up for fixing:

HK threads
AMA threads
LPU threads

I'm not sure what you mean by threads such as these that need fixing. Threads such as those discussing issues dealing with Hobby King or the AMA do get "heated", and I agree with that. But there are only two reasons why they get "heated" or as I'm sure some may come back and say they break down into fights.

1) The issues being discussed are important and the members are passionate about the information they are discussing.
2) Somebody is trying to cause problems in thread, or is going out of their way to stir up problems. Or what is better known in Internet terminology, "trolling"

So here's what I'm going to do about "fixing those". For #1, I'm not going to anything. That's what RCU is here for, this is core purpose of RCU and as long as member follow the RCU Community Rules while they discuss an issue there is no reason at all for me to "fix" anything at all. Because nothing is broken. And as far as #2 goes. Well, I have ways of dealing with those as well. I'll give them a couple of warnings about their actions and then if they can't stop stirring up trouble then they are banned from RCU. Simple fix.

Ken
Old 11-19-2015, 01:51 AM
scale only 4 me

Why not create a forum for Vendor bashing/praising, then those guys can gather (batttle) in one place like the AMA forum,, juss sayin
Old 11-19-2015, 08:05 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Why not create a forum for Vendor bashing/praising, then those guys can gather (batttle) in one place like the AMA forum,, juss sayin
Complaints or praising about a specific vendor usually goes into a specific forum. For instance, I had concerns about Aces of Iron being still in business, so I asked that question in the Airplane Scale Forum. I asked it that because those are the people that use that vendor and would know if they are still in business. My asking in a "Vendor bashing/praising" forum would do nothing because there is a pretty good chance that a lot of people viewing that forum may have nothing to do with the RC Scale part of the hobby. Along those lines, if I were to make complaints about a company that were having problems serving a specific portion of the hobby I am going to post in the forum that serves that portion of the hobby. For instance, jets. If I fly jets I'm going to post problems about a jet vendor in the jet forum because more jet modelers will see it there than anywhere else. Now if it's a generic complaint that doesn't have specific area then it can go into "The Clubhouse". That's what it was created for. A place for things that don't quite fit anywhere else.

Ken
Old 11-19-2015, 11:14 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by RCKen
I'm not sure what you mean by threads such as these that need fixing. Threads such as those discussing issues dealing with Hobby King or the AMA do get "heated", and I agree with that. But there are only two reasons why they get "heated" or as I'm sure some may come back and say they break down into fights.

1) The issues being discussed are important and the members are passionate about the information they are discussing.
2) Somebody is trying to cause problems in thread, or is going out of their way to stir up problems. Or what is better known in Internet terminology, "trolling"

So here's what I'm going to do about "fixing those". For #1, I'm not going to anything. That's what RCU is here for, this is core purpose of RCU and as long as member follow the RCU Community Rules while they discuss an issue there is no reason at all for me to "fix" anything at all. Because nothing is broken. And as far as #2 goes. Well, I have ways of dealing with those as well. I'll give them a couple of warnings about their actions and then if they can't stop stirring up trouble then they are banned from RCU. Simple fix.

Ken
It was a good natured joke Ken, simple as that. Nothing more nothing less. Obviously those are the threads that tend to have some strong passionate comments and reactions.....sorta like this one? Those are the ones that bring in lots of clicks, and almost always a mod...., sorta like this one?

Not that it's the end all be all in communicating online, but the little was added to indicate levity.

Sorry that it was taken in a manner other than what it was meant, the threads work fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.