Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Issues or questions with the April 18, 2017 RCU Software update? Post here!

Reply
Old 04-28-2017, 12:51 PM
  #51
IBJoel
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 155
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier Girl View Post
Okay, what I'm getting is trying to post a picture. One of two things, I open my pictures pick a file and all I get is a blank screen. Or if I pick a picture, click on it and hit upload, I get a pop up that says I'm not logged on? Log on, multiple times and still the same thing. Works fine on WattFlyer. And yes cookies/cache cleared, and tried both on Firefox and Chrome.
Which part becomes blank? The attachment window or the main page? Or your computer's file management system?
IBJoel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:26 PM
  #52
Propworn
 
Propworn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,470
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Ok I found my pictures under User CP and on the left side at the bottom it says “attachments”

Now if I want to post and go “Advanced” when I used to choose “Manage Attachments” my attachments would show up in the window and I could edit/attach or upload from my puter. Now the ones already uploaded do not show up and the only option is to upload new ones.

How do I access the previously uploaded pictures and edit or attach them?

Dennis
Propworn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:32 PM
  #53
IBJoel
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 155
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propworn View Post
Ok I found my pictures under User CP and on the left side at the bottom it says “attachments”

Now if I want to post and go “Advanced” when I used to choose “Manage Attachments” my attachments would show up in the window and I could edit/attach or upload from my puter. Now the ones already uploaded do not show up and the only option is to upload new ones.

How do I access the previously uploaded pictures and edit or attach them?

Dennis
Hey Dennis. The ability to transfer your albums into a post is not supported in the new version.
IBJoel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:03 PM
  #54
aghost
 
aghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Amarillo, TX
Posts: 1,208
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Today I unsubscribed from several sub-forums. Now I have no subscriptions in two forums, but the two forums still show up on my User CP page under subscribed forums. How do I get those two forums off my User CP page?

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RCU_Forum_20170428.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	656.6 KB
ID:	2212244  

Last edited by aghost; 04-28-2017 at 05:10 PM.
aghost is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:02 AM
  #55
Glacier Girl
 
Glacier Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lakeland, FL
Posts: 7,906
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Which part becomes blank? The attachment window or the main page? Or your computer's file management system?
If I click on "Choose File" I get the window that shows my picture files. As soon as I click on a file, the attachment screen goes blank, like there is nothing in the file.

If I do the same, but pick a picture that is a stand alone, not in a separate file, the system goes through the normal process, until I hit "Upload". I then get the message, "You are not logged in"
Glacier Girl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:08 AM
  #56
Propworn
 
Propworn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,470
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Hey Dennis. The ability to transfer your albums into a post is not supported in the new version.
So what is the use of storing photos if you cannot refer back to them from time to time. Does this mean if I want to post pictures of a model or the setup of my trailer to different forums/topics I will end up with multiple uploaded files of the same picture. Sounds redundant and a waste of space to me.

Dennis
Propworn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:15 AM
  #57
1QwkSport2.5r
 
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 9,080
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propworn View Post
So what is the use of storing photos if you cannot refer back to them from time to time. Does this mean if I want to post pictures of a model or the setup of my trailer to different forums/topics I will end up with multiple uploaded files of the same picture. Sounds redundant and a waste of space to me.

Dennis
Sounds like the new forum "upgrade" is an "upgrade" in some respects and a "downgrade" in many respects. I agree it's pretty redundant to not have access to use old photos previously uploaded in new posts.

Ive been on this forum a long time and have contributed quite a bit to the forums, but it seems that the new forum software may inhibit some future contributions. No access to old photos, search still doesn't work, inability to collapse subforums of no interest, and huge advertisements in the middle of posts. Sorry, but I think RCU went the wrong direction with this last "upgrade". There has to be a better way/option IMHO.
1QwkSport2.5r is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:39 AM
  #58
DBD1
 
DBD1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: OKC
Posts: 196
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBD1 View Post
The photo viewing is getting better, but many of the photos don't show in the viewing mode after clicking on them in the post. I just get the black area with the back & forward arrows and the other controls but no photo. Others work fine.
W10 & Firefox
?
It looks as if any photo that is in a post that was made prior to the "upgrade" will not enlarge when clicked on, black screen as described above. Those that were posted after the "upgrade" appear to work fine when clicked on.
Is this a problem that is being worked on, or is it just the way it is?
Don
DBD1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:48 AM
  #59
RickVB
 
RickVB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Novi, MI
Posts: 839
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBD1 View Post
The photo viewing is getting better, but many of the photos don't show in the viewing mode after clicking on them in the post. I just get the black area with the back & forward arrows and the other controls but no photo. Others work fine.
W10 & Firefox
?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBobi View Post
Linking to an example would be awesome.
Seems to still happen as described by DBD1 every I try it...
Click image for larger version

Name:	RCU Ex1.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	483.6 KB
ID:	2212316Click image for larger version

Name:	RCU Ex2.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	2212317

Good luck trying to view *these* photos...
RickVB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:49 AM
  #60
RickVB
 
RickVB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Novi, MI
Posts: 839
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

OK, maybe it's just all the old photos, as I can look at the above ones. It does seem like all my old uploads are gone...
RickVB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:47 PM
  #61
Propworn
 
Propworn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,470
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickVB View Post
OK, maybe it's just all the old photos, as I can look at the above ones. It does seem like all my old uploads are gone...
All your uploaded pics/files are there just go to user CP scroll to the bottom of left hand menu to Attachments. You just can't do anything with them. dumb dumb dumb.

Dennis
Propworn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:55 PM
  #62
RickVB
 
RickVB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Novi, MI
Posts: 839
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

OK, that may be true, but you can't look at them from the threads they are included in (other than squinting at the thumbnails...).
RickVB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:11 AM
  #63
1QwkSport2.5r
 
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 9,080
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickVB View Post
OK, that may be true, but you can't look at them from the threads they are included in (other than squinting at the thumbnails...).
If you click an image and get the black screen, you can click the little curved arrow in the top right corner and select download. The browser should open the image and actually show it. Kind of a BOGUS way to do it, but it works. For now anyway...
1QwkSport2.5r is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:20 AM
  #64
1QwkSport2.5r
 
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 9,080
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

One thing that I really found useful is shown in the attached picture. The "forum jump" feature is a bit of a pain in the butt to use with mobile devices. The mobile version of the site is even less friendly. Since I cannot post edited photos from my iPhone, I'll add an unmodified picture. I wish the navigation bar shown in the photo (at the top of the page) would be put back at the bottom of the page like it used to be.

I guess I just found another problem with this software "upgrade". Except the file uploader doesn't work all the time. Note in the first image the top left corner and then in the second image, PNG and JPG are both "accepted" extensions with the same sizing restrictions, yet a .PNG file isn't allowed. Tried uploading from iPhone 7 on iOS 10.3.1. Got the same error on iOS 10.1 and even iOS 7.3.5.

I just noticed that that the three photos that DID attach had a .PNG extension as did the picture that wouldn't upload.. WTH??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6696.PNG
Views:	14
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	2212446   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6697.PNG
Views:	14
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	2212447   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6698.PNG
Views:	14
Size:	468.8 KB
ID:	2212448  

Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; 04-30-2017 at 05:24 AM.
1QwkSport2.5r is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:16 AM
  #65
DBD1
 
DBD1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: OKC
Posts: 196
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r View Post
If you click an image and get the black screen, you can click the little curved arrow in the top right corner and select download. The browser should open the image and actually show it. Kind of a BOGUS way to do it, but it works. For now anyway...
Thanks. That does work so I can at least view the photo, I have to agree that it is a very awkward and bogus way to have to do it.
I hope they are working on it.
DBD1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:42 AM
  #66
IBJoel
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 155
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghost View Post
Today I unsubscribed from several sub-forums. Now I have no subscriptions in two forums, but the two forums still show up on my User CP page under subscribed forums. How do I get those two forums off my User CP page?

Brian
Yeah, that's pretty odd. I'll have tech look at what's going on there.
IBJoel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:14 PM
  #67
flyboy2610
 
flyboy2610's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 340
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Closed forums keep reopening

I posted this in the normal threads section, but I'm going to post it here as well. Not trying to spam the board. You can close the one in the normal threads section.

" When I get on this board, all of the forums are open, or expanded if you prefer. I close those I have no interest in, which is basically anything other than the aircraft and engine forums.
The next time I come on this board, all of the forums are open again. This did not happen before the upgrade.
How can I get the forums I am not interested in to remain closed? "
flyboy2610 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:11 PM
  #68
1QwkSport2.5r
 
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 9,080
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy2610 View Post
I posted this in the normal threads section, but I'm going to post it here as well. Not trying to spam the board. You can close the one in the normal threads section.

" When I get on this board, all of the forums are open, or expanded if you prefer. I close those I have no interest in, which is basically anything other than the aircraft and engine forums.
The next time I come on this board, all of the forums are open again. This did not happen before the upgrade.
How can I get the forums I am not interested in to remain closed? "
This issue has been brought up a few times already. It has not been resolved yet. Better put your patience hat on, it might take awhile before it's fixed.
1QwkSport2.5r is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:56 AM
  #69
IBJoel
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 155
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r View Post
This issue has been brought up a few times already. It has not been resolved yet. Better put your patience hat on, it might take awhile before it's fixed.
They said it was supposed to go up last week. I'm looking into what the delay is.
IBJoel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:26 AM
  #70
tyen
Administrator (IB)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Segundo, CA
Posts: 6
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Is this on desktop or mobile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier Girl View Post
If I click on "Choose File" I get the window that shows my picture files. As soon as I click on a file, the attachment screen goes blank, like there is nothing in the file.
In this scenario, what file type are you trying to upload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier Girl View Post
If I do the same, but pick a picture that is a stand alone, not in a separate file, the system goes through the normal process, until I hit "Upload". I then get the message, "You are not logged in"
In this scenario, what image file type are you trying to upload? Have you tested with any other photos?

If you can confirm this problem still exists for you, can you email me the things you are trying to upload? tyson.yen@internetbrands.com

Last edited by tyen; 05-02-2017 at 11:30 AM.
tyen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:07 PM
  #71
tyen
Administrator (IB)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: El Segundo, CA
Posts: 6
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

The only work around that I can see for this would be:

Easy Way (ck editor mode)
  • Have your attachments page open in separate window
  • Have your post in the other window
  • Click-Drag the photo you want from attachments into the post body
Harder Way
  • Have your attachments page open in a separate window
  • Right click/copy the URL for the image you want to use
  • Click on the image upload button (not inline attachments)
  • Paste URL into the URL field
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propworn View Post
So what is the use of storing photos if you cannot refer back to them from time to time. Does this mean if I want to post pictures of a model or the setup of my trailer to different forums/topics I will end up with multiple uploaded files of the same picture. Sounds redundant and a waste of space to me.

Dennis

Last edited by tyen; 05-02-2017 at 12:12 PM.
tyen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:09 PM
  #72
Propworn
 
Propworn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,470
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyen View Post
The only work around that I can see for this would be:
[/LIST]

Something as simple as working with pictures/attachments one has already uploaded now needs a work around. Please explain how this new version is any kind of improvement when we need work around's to do things that were so simple in the previous version. Sad state of affairs when a bit of functionality is lost with each so called new and improved upgrade.

Dennis
Propworn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:54 PM
  #73
1QwkSport2.5r
 
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 9,080
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
They said it was supposed to go up last week. I'm looking into what the delay is.
Still not functional today.
1QwkSport2.5r is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:56 PM
  #74
1QwkSport2.5r
 
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 9,080
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propworn View Post
Something as simple as working with pictures/attachments one has already uploaded now needs a work around. Please explain how this new version is any kind of improvement when we need work around's to do things that were so simple in the previous version. Sad state of affairs when a bit of functionality is lost with each so called new and improved upgrade.

Dennis
Well said - I agree. This software change was a major downgrade IMO. I wonder why RCU aid always plagued with tons of software bugs and the other huge RC site doesn't have those problems.
1QwkSport2.5r is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:59 PM
  #75
1QwkSport2.5r
 
1QwkSport2.5r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Posts: 9,080
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Still cannot upload a .PNG file edited on my iOS mobile device either.
1QwkSport2.5r is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:29 PM.