Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Issues or questions with the April 18, 2017 RCU Software update? Post here!

Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Issues or questions with the April 18, 2017 RCU Software update? Post here!

Old 04-20-2017, 11:47 AM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tothemax
yes ,I cannot log in with the edge browser. When I try it sends me to this page
Thank you! We'll work on amending that problem, but need a little more info. What happens when you click on "Click here to Log In"? What is the URL you are receiving on that page? What version of Edge are you using?
Old 04-20-2017, 12:41 PM
tothemax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when I open look at your post I get #1

Click login I get #2

Click My Forums #3
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-04-20 (1).png
Views:	35
Size:	273.5 KB
ID:	2210566   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-04-20 (2).png
Views:	25
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	2210567   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-04-20.png
Views:	25
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	2210568  
Old 04-20-2017, 12:43 PM
tothemax

I apologize but I pushin the limits of my computer skills here. I hope I am helping
Old 04-20-2017, 01:54 PM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by tothemax
I apologize but I pushin the limits of my computer skills here. I hope I am helping
No worries! So to be clear, when you click "View Last Post", it sends you to the first page? And what happens when you click "Log In" on #2? Is it a loop?
Old 04-20-2017, 02:32 PM
KBP-UT

In the old format under the New Posts button there was a sub menu allowing you to chose a category of new posts. Ex. "airplanes". I liked that function. It no longer appears to be there. Will this return?

Ken
Old 04-20-2017, 04:36 PM
golf4two

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The list of sub forums (under the main forum header) stretches the page so far to the right that the "normal" rightmost columns cannot be seen without considerable scrolling to the right. The most recent post info lets us know if there are any new posts in that subscribed forum.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:01 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by golf4two
The list of sub forums (under the main forum header) stretches the page so far to the right that the "normal" rightmost columns cannot be seen without considerable scrolling to the right. The most recent post info lets us know if there are any new posts in that subscribed forum.
Umh I'm not sure what you are seeing. Please

1. Post a screenshot
2. Tell us your device and browser version

If you're on a very small screen, or your resolution is turned up too high, this can happen, but you'll have to live with it or turn it down to a normal res.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:33 AM
tothemax

If I get to screen#1 no matter what thread that I have opened,I'm not logged in. I click log in and screen #2 appears. I click log in on screen #2 and I'm sent back to screen #1 and still not logged in. Yes ,a loop.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:37 AM
tothemax

If I click register sometimes screen #3 pops up. If I login on screen #3 and go elseware on the site am not logged in when I get there.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:38 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

The subforum collapse function still does not work. Reset cookies and browser cache, logged out and back in. No difference.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:57 PM
golf4two

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On the My Page screen, listing all of the subforums under the forum title causes the screen to be so wide that even at 30% resolution I cannot see the last four columns. Cannot post a screen shot of this either. Using FireFox.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:32 AM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by golf4two
On the My Page screen, listing all of the subforums under the forum title causes the screen to be so wide that even at 30% resolution I cannot see the last four columns. Cannot post a screen shot of this either. Using FireFox.
We are working on this. Thank you for the head's up!
Old 04-25-2017, 01:15 PM
LukeZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesn't seem possible for me to edit posts that were made prior to the conversion - there is no "Edit" button present, although there is on posts made after the conversion.

Is this intentional?
Old 04-25-2017, 01:28 PM
DBD1

The photo viewing is getting better, but many of the photos don't show in the viewing mode after clicking on them in the post. I just get the black area with the back & forward arrows and the other controls but no photo. Others work fine.
W10 & Firefox
?
Old 04-25-2017, 01:31 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by DBD1
The photo viewing is getting better, but many of the photos don't show in the viewing mode after clicking on them in the post. I just get the black area with the back & forward arrows and the other controls but no photo. Others work fine.
W10 & Firefox
?
Linking to an example would be awesome.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:51 PM
IBJoel

Originally Posted by LukeZ
It doesn't seem possible for me to edit posts that were made prior to the conversion - there is no "Edit" button present, although there is on posts made after the conversion.

Is this intentional?
That's a bit odd. I'm still seeing the edit button, but I'll use a non-admin account to test.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:15 PM
LukeZ

Originally Posted by IBJoel
That's a bit odd. I'm still seeing the edit button, but I'll use a non-admin account to test.
Alternatively perhaps a timeout has been implemented on the ability to edit prior posts. My most recent post prior to the conversion is dated 4/14.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:52 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't expect it to be much different than any of the other upgrades usually takes quite a while to get the bugs worked out. Usually just in time for a new upgrade LOL Past track record is this is the norm nothing unexpected.

So far have to open and close each picture in a post. Before you could move from one to the next both forward and back.
Went to post a picture from ones I had previously uploaded and there is nothing there not a single picture from the past.
Had the site lock up a few times same computer no changes or new programs installed.

Dennis
Old 04-25-2017, 03:42 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by Propworn

Went to post a picture from ones I had previously uploaded and there is nothing there not a single picture from the past.

Dennis
Can you provide a link?
Old 04-25-2017, 04:08 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I don't expect it to be much different than any of the other upgrades usually takes quite a while to get the bugs worked out. Usually just in time for a new upgrade LOL Past track record is this is the norm nothing unexpected.

Dennis
Right..

I find it odd that of all of the forums that I'm a member of (free forums even), none of them suffer from the same bug problems that RCU always seem to suffer from when changing/updating forum software. I know this site is supported and managed by ad revenue and membership is free... But one would think that this software would/should be mostly bug free upon implementation so as to not interfere with the ad sponsors revenue. Maybe I'm just cynical, but it just seems that every time something changes on this site, it takes months and months to get it sorted out.. The subforum collapse "feature" still doesn't work. The giant ads inside of posts is very annoying too.

Makes me wonder - if more funding was available, would these problems still exist?

FWIW - ALL of my pictures previously uploaded to the site are gone too. All I get on screen is shown in the attached picture.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6675.PNG
Views:	30
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	2211820  

Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; 04-25-2017 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:04 PM
DBD1

Originally Posted by IBobi
Linking to an example would be awesome.
I will do my best, I don't know how to do a screen shot, as far as computers go my screen name should be IBdummy. But here you go:

As an example this thread, the last page #73
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-...l#post12330204
Post #1808 by oldsneakers. I click on the photo he posted and it comes up fine.
Post #1804 by init4fun,I click on any one of the photos he posted, it wont come up, black screen as I have described.
Hope it helps.
Don
Old 04-26-2017, 09:53 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
Can you provide a link?
No link when I go advanced and manage attachments all of my previous ones used to show up and I could use them in the posts. Now there is nothing. How do I post a previously uploaded picture and where are they located.

Dennis
Old 04-26-2017, 11:06 AM
IBJoel

No link when I go advanced and manage attachments all of my previous ones used to show up and I could use them in the posts. Now there is nothing. How do I post a previously uploaded picture and where are they located.

Dennis
We are looking into the missing photos/albums. Since there were so many, it may just be that they haven't finished importing from the old site.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:02 PM
LukeZ

Originally Posted by IBJoel
It would seem this may be an edit timeout setting that has been applied across the board. Already I can't edit a post that I made just on Tuesday, although it was possible to edit it at least within a few hours.

There are many legitimate reasons a person would need to edit a prior post a long time after originally posting. RCGroups allows editing posts from the beginning of time, as do most other forums. I would suggest the time limit be removed.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:04 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Okay, what I'm getting is trying to post a picture. One of two things, I open my pictures pick a file and all I get is a blank screen. Or if I pick a picture, click on it and hit upload, I get a pop up that says I'm not logged on? Log on, multiple times and still the same thing. Works fine on WattFlyer. And yes cookies/cache cleared, and tried both on Firefox and Chrome.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.