Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Photo Errors

Old 08-25-2017, 10:03 AM
szempruw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hope the administrator reads this. I sent a note to "Contact Administrator" and no reply. I tried to upload 8 pictures like I've done many times before to my build thread on the Pica P51. I get a message that don't have some type of legitimate clearance. I tied uploading from my MS OneDrive and also from my desktop PC to no avail. I uses Microsoft Edge and I have Windows 10. I also can't find info on how to load a MP4 video of my Landing Gear Test and operation. If anybody can give me guidance on any settings or check if I have the correct permissions, please let me know. The last time I was able to post pictures was back in February of 2017. I don't know when the RCU software was updated, but I can see the "manage Attachments section is a little different.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:18 AM
lexster76

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

As I didn't get a response in my other flickr specific thread (Flickr BB- Code Embedding issue) I hope to get some help here as I have the same problem with some pictures being squished, others not and some are put in as attached thumbnails as well. It used to work fine up until a few months ago.
I just posted some more pictures here VINTAGE KYOSHO BUGGY & TRUCK PICS POST THEM and cannot figure out what is going wrong. I have windows 7 x64 and have got the same issue using Chrome, Firefox and IE. I don't have this problem in any other forum.

Any ideas?

Last edited by lexster76; 09-07-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:35 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Admins pick and choose who they respond to and what problems they fix. Good luck getting any success.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:40 AM
IBJoel
Administrator

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by szempruw View Post
Hope the administrator reads this. I sent a note to "Contact Administrator" and no reply. I tried to upload 8 pictures like I've done many times before to my build thread on the Pica P51. I get a message that don't have some type of legitimate clearance. I tied uploading from my MS OneDrive and also from my desktop PC to no avail. I uses Microsoft Edge and I have Windows 10. I also can't find info on how to load a MP4 video of my Landing Gear Test and operation. If anybody can give me guidance on any settings or check if I have the correct permissions, please let me know. The last time I was able to post pictures was back in February of 2017. I don't know when the RCU software was updated, but I can see the "manage Attachments section is a little different.
Did it say "missing security token"? We are working on fixing that message, but essentially there was just too much data for the system to handle at once. Try resizing or uploading one at a time.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:42 AM
IBJoel
Administrator

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexster76 View Post
As I didn't get a response in my other flickr specific thread (Flickr BB- Code Embedding issue) I hope to get some help here as I have the same problem with some pictures being squished, others not and some are put in as attached thumbnails as well. It used to work fine up until a few months ago.
I just posted some more pictures here VINTAGE KYOSHO BUGGY & TRUCK PICS POST THEM and cannot figure out what is going wrong. I have windows 7 x64 and have got the same issue using Chrome, Firefox and IE. I don't have this problem in any other forum.

Any ideas?
Those pictures are looking totally fine to me. Did you try clearing your cookies for RCU?
Old 09-27-2017, 01:06 AM
lexster76

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry for the delayed reply. I just deleted the cookies. Same result on all browsers. Some pictures are large... some are thumbnail size (see attachment), some get put in as an attachment in addition to being in the post, others don't.... Before the update it used to be so simple. Insert the Flickr BCCode for the size of picture one wanted to display and that was it. It is a problem I have only had on this forum so it is not an issue with Flickr.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rcu2.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	2233923  
Old 09-27-2017, 09:06 AM
IBJoel
Administrator

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexster76 View Post
Sorry for the delayed reply. I just deleted the cookies. Same result on all browsers. Some pictures are large... some are thumbnail size (see attachment), some get put in as an attachment in addition to being in the post, others don't.... Before the update it used to be so simple. Insert the Flickr BCCode for the size of picture one wanted to display and that was it. It is a problem I have only had on this forum so it is not an issue with Flickr.
OK Lexster, yeah, that's pretty weird. Could you link me to the post that this is?
Old 10-03-2017, 01:54 AM
scale only 4 me

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have the Black screen problem here,,, if I right click and "open in new tab" the picture opens fine,,

HP laptop,, Windows 10, Chrome browser.

And BTW,, I don't have this problem on RCTech,, pics load fine via the viewer there.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:20 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by scale only 4 me View Post
I have the Black screen problem here,,, if I right click and "open in new tab" the picture opens fine,,

HP laptop,, Windows 10, Chrome browser.

And BTW,, I don't have this problem on RCTech,, pics load fine via the viewer there.
RCTech works perfectly for me too - mobile or desktop.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:26 AM
scale only 4 me

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

OMG,, this site has become so annoying

As expected my post is ignored,, so I'm trying to read earlier posts to see if a fix has been recommended and the screen keeps re-centering because of this stupid google ad on the right.

RCU has become just about useless
Old 10-11-2017, 06:32 AM
IBJoel
Administrator

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Scale, we cannot replicate the problem you have. Do you have any ad block software or anything turned on?
Old 10-13-2017, 12:04 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Scale, we cannot replicate the problem you have. Do you have any ad block software or anything turned on?
This problem does still exist - happens to me fairly regularly. I just chalk it up to bring one of the bugs in the system that can't be fixed. You have a 50/50 shot of pictures showing up when you click the thumbnails. The problem is more apparent if there's many images posted in the thread. Sometimes only one or two images shows up of say 15 for example.

Try using a standard account - try it from your desktop computer, try it from your smartphone, try it from a tablet. Follow build threads that have a lot of pictures. I'll guarantee you'll find the problem to be quite prevalent. If the problem didn't exist, we wouldn't bother making it up. There are better things to do!

Any word on getting the other forum bugs fixed? We are going on 6 months now and the subforums are still uncollapseable. RCTech works as it should, why doesn't RCU? I'd assume they're managed by the same tech people - it seems it's managed by the same staff as this site is it seems. What are they doing over there that they can't do here?

Last edited by 1QwkSport2.5r; 10-13-2017 at 12:08 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:21 AM
IBJoel
Administrator

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
I'd assume they're managed by the same tech people - it seems it's managed by the same staff as this site is it seems. What are they doing over there that they can't do here?
Good question
Old 10-13-2017, 09:01 AM
scale only 4 me

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What's odd about this problem,, if I click the first thumbs or set of thumbs in a thread,,those open (most times),, but almost always if I click a thumb in subsequent posts it looks like this

Name:	2017-10-13.png
Views:	4
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	2241110

If I right click and open in new window or tab,, it opens fine
Old 10-13-2017, 09:04 AM
scale only 4 me

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

haha,, the picture I uploaded of the blank screen opens correctly,, too funny

Name:	2017-10-13 (1).png
Views:	4
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	2241111
Old 10-17-2017, 09:41 PM
born2build

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, this sucks rocks. I came here today hoping to learn how to upload photos. But with all the problems I've just read about, why am I even here? With all of the advertising I see on this site, one would think you could afford a competent software developer to fix all of the problems. I understand this site is free, but so is You Tube. A newbie like me doesn't stand a chance!
Old 10-18-2017, 12:02 PM
IBJoel
Administrator

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2build View Post
Well, this sucks rocks. I came here today hoping to learn how to upload photos. But with all the problems I've just read about, why am I even here? With all of the advertising I see on this site, one would think you could afford a competent software developer to fix all of the problems. I understand this site is free, but so is You Tube. A newbie like me doesn't stand a chance!
Welcome to the forums! While you're seeing a lot of problems being reported here, that's because this is the thread specifically for problems. If you want to attach photos, simply click "Go Advanced" and click the paperclip icon (see attached). Then you can upload directly from your computer!

Name:	RCUphotos.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	2241583
Old 10-18-2017, 12:57 PM
born2build

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey, IBJoel
Thank you for your prompt reply. Actually, if you'll notice, I've been on this forum for three years now. But I've never posted an attachment before. Hence the newbie reference. I've tried clicking on the paper clip, getting only as far as the window displaying my files. Then what? Isn't there a sticky somewhere that explains this step by step? If not, it may not be such a bad idea. I've been building and flying model airplanes for over 35 years,since my late twenty's but, believe it or not, this is my first computer.
my geekiness does not extend as far as that. I am trying, though. Aeromodelling I know, computers, well, not so much!
Thanks again for you time.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:18 PM
IBJoel
Administrator

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2build View Post
Hey, IBJoel
Thank you for your prompt reply. Actually, if you'll notice, I've been on this forum for three years now. But I've never posted an attachment before. Hence the newbie reference. I've tried clicking on the paper clip, getting only as far as the window displaying my files. Then what? Isn't there a sticky somewhere that explains this step by step? If not, it may not be such a bad idea. I've been building and flying model airplanes for over 35 years,since my late twenty's but, believe it or not, this is my first computer.
my geekiness does not extend as far as that. I am trying, though. Aeromodelling I know, computers, well, not so much!
Thanks again for you time.
A sticky isn't a bad idea! Once you have the window displaying your files, just pick which one you'd like to attach. Each slot in the "Upload Window" lets you upload one file. Then click "Upload" on the right side of the window and you should be all set!
Old 10-18-2017, 02:22 PM
born2build

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Okay, I'll give that a try. Thanks, buddy!
Old 10-18-2017, 11:01 PM
born2build

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Name:	IMG_0049_6 (2).jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	2241625
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
A sticky isn't a bad idea! Once you have the window displaying your files, just pick which one you'd like to attach. Each slot in the "Upload Window" lets you upload one file. Then click "Upload" on the right side of the window and you should be all set!
I just wanted to thank you for helping me. here's a little something you might get a kick out of.
Old Today, 01:49 AM
born2build

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi. Yeah, it's me again. I'm getting the following message, "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing."
What does that mean and how can I fix it? Also, how do I know when an upload was successful?

Search this Thread