Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 05:13 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I find it interesting how the threats to leave seem to infer you're going to get a better platform by leaving, Where would that be??, The RCG Classifieds that guys are threatening to go to has virtually the same format is this new one,

The old system is Gone,,, Use PMs to communicate like you have to everywhere else,, Jeez boys get over it,, Flame away

Admins,, Please add a PM link button to the ads,, that would help
Old 04-09-2018, 10:49 AM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by figueroa
I have been using this site for many years with no problems listing and selling items , I recently listed an item and have not been able to communicate with potential buyers. I might have to switch another site to sell my RC items.
What problem are you having communicating with them?
Old 04-09-2018, 10:54 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpizpilot

i just tried actually using the new marketplace for the first time. Omg, dont try fixing it, just go back to the legacy version. No offer button anymore? Just a reply that is public knowledge? Garbage. Everyone needs to migrate to RCG and stope posting stuff for sale here
You can click on the sellers username and send them a private message.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:17 AM
skyarrow1

Why can you not enlarge the images any longer??? These are pretty small and with the + sign, it does nothing???

Mike
Old 04-09-2018, 11:41 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by skyarrow1
Why can you not enlarge the images any longer??? These are pretty small and with the + sign, it does nothing???

Mike
We're aware of this and a fix is on the agenda. There's just higher priority bugs to get to right now.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:50 AM
spidernad
My Feedback: (28)

Originally Posted by skyarrow1

Mike
Although this issue will likely be fixed soon, it is possible to Right click on the image and select "open image in new tab" and you will see the full page picture.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:24 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

IBobi:
I am sure this has been mentioned before, but I couldn't find it.
  • I am still not a fan of the Market Place Ads ending up in the Forums. Truly need to be separated out. If we (RCU members) want to look at Market Place, we look at Market Place. If we want to only look at Forums, we don't want to see Market Place ads that we already looked at in Market Place.
  • I was on this Forum and clicked on a Members Profile Name to look at his Profile. I clicked on the "back button" to come back to this forum, but instead went to the list of ALL of the Forums, car, plane, boats, etc. Should be able to come back to where I was on this forum.
  • I was looking in Market Place today, clicked on a picture with the enlargement magnifier glass image comes up on the picture, yet can't zoom in on the picture.
I am sure there are many many more items and bugs that still need to be addressed by you and the IT techs.

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 04-10-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:08 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
IBobi:
I am sure this has been mentioned before, but I couldn't find it.
  • I am still not a fan of the Market Place Ads ending up in the Forums. Truly need to be separated out. If we (RCU members) want to look at Market Place, we look at Market Place. If we want to only look at Forums, we don't want to see Market Place ads that we already looked at in Market Place.
  • I was on this Forum and clicked on a Members Profile Name to look at his Profile. I clicked on the "back button" to come back to this forum, but instead went to the list of ALL of the Forums, car, plane, boats, etc. Should be able to come back to where I was on this forum.
  • I was looking in Market Place today, clicked on a picture with the enlargement magnifier glass image comes up on the picture, yet can't zoom in on the picture.
I am sure there are many many more items and bugs that still need to be addressed by you and the IT techs.
The ads appearing in New Posts has been reported.

On your issue with the member name/back button, can you give more detail please? When you say "this forum" do you mean the marketplace? Can you tell me what device/browser/forum skin you were using, and step by step what you did? When I use the back button it works for me.

The magnifier issue has been reported.

Thank you
Old 04-10-2018, 01:22 PM
3DAV8R
My Feedback: (39)

"My Ads" where did that go??? What am I missing?? I posted an ad for a jet...saw it when I first posted but now its lost in the system...no way to find it??? So far not a fan at all, but I will stick with it and try and learn the new set up.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:48 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

No pictures. when I click on something it just gives a blank page with little folded icon. Hard to even consider anything without a picture??????
Old 04-10-2018, 01:54 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by 3DAV8R
"My Ads" where did that go??? What am I missing?? I posted an ad for a jet...saw it when I first posted but now its lost in the system...no way to find it??? So far not a fan at all, but I will stick with it and try and learn the new set up.
It's there. Go to the marketplace, into any category (such as the one where you posted your ad), and check the MY LISTINGS box.

Originally Posted by Propworn
No pictures. when I click on something it just gives a blank page with little folded icon. Hard to even consider anything without a picture??????
Can you post a link to a post where this is happening? I see photos in all the marketplace ads. We do know we have a bug on the thumbnail zoom, but I have not seen any "blank" pictures. Also let us know your device and browser and skin.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:09 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

looks like we got sub categories now.
next, someone needs to go through all the adds since the change, and keyword them to the sub category.
a job i neither want, nor will apply for.

now, if we can just set preferences we want to keep for default, and not have to do it each visit...
Old 04-10-2018, 03:15 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by mongo
next, someone needs to go through all the adds since the change, and keyword them to the sub category.

now, if we can just set preferences we want to keep for default, and not have to do it each visit...
Good idea on the default search.

As to adding KWs to the ads... there's no way to do that. The data doesn't even exist.

Over time the new ads will have it though.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:27 PM
spidernad
My Feedback: (28)

Now that they have the sub categories, any new ads will be able to choose a sub category.
Old ones will still be where they were originally posted until they expire.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:15 PM
mongo

yeah spidey, that is what i was referring to with the "keywords" comment above.
i guess that the original add poster will have to relist their add with the new category selected.

now that we have the categories, can we get the sub forum selections for like, jets, where it has jets classified, to point to the new market jets listings, instead of the old marketplace adds?

also, can it be set so that the listings are ONLY sorted by listing time/date chronologically, not the "as long as no one replies, it stays where it is", which allows days old stuff to be interspersed in with the newer posts.

Last edited by mongo; 04-10-2018 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:59 PM
DIssakani
My Feedback: (5)

CAN NOT list my item in buy and sell section. I have tried this on my mac and my PC. Both on FireFox and Chrome and all I get is a spinning circle. Can someone please help. I have tried many variations of listing my item and none of them work on the new site. Thanks in advance. Daniel
Old 04-10-2018, 05:01 PM
DIssakani
My Feedback: (5)

Also, is there a quick way to get to "My Marketplace" in the new website? Thanks again.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:07 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by DIssakani
CAN NOT list my item in buy and sell section. I have tried this on my mac and my PC. Both on FireFox and Chrome and all I get is a spinning circle. Can someone please help. I have tried many variations of listing my item and none of them work on the new site. Thanks in advance. Daniel
When people with very few forum posts try to post a link, it won't work. Perhaps that's happening to you.

Originally Posted by DIssakani
Also, is there a quick way to get to "My Marketplace" in the new website? Thanks again.
Go into a category and filter by MY LISTINGS.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:48 PM
speed20
My Feedback: (31)

Default What the hell?......

What in hell have you done to the Marketplace??? It totally sucks compared to the old old which was very user friendly and easy to navigate. If it isn’t broke don’t fix it! You have totally ruined this site now! A lot of you so called “web designers “have no clue what people like and this is one prime example .The once crown jewel of RC sites is now a mess, thanks for nothing!
Old 04-11-2018, 03:55 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
The ads appearing in New Posts has been reported.

On your issue with the member name/back button, can you give more detail please? When you say "this forum" do you mean the marketplace? Can you tell me what device/browser/forum skin you were using, and step by step what you did? When I use the back button it works for me.

The magnifier issue has been reported.

Thank you
Hello;
The "back button" seems to be working this morning when looking at someone's profile. "This Forum" means the one we are currently chatting within and how I am communicating with you. Window 10, Internet Explorer, and I have also done with the iPhone. I Googled "Forum Skin" for definition, but not really an answer. I was in this current forum that I am chatting with you. Anyway, the problem seems to be gone.

Thank you for taking the For Sale Items out of the Forums.

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 04-11-2018 at 04:18 AM.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:25 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

yeah spidey, that is what i was referring to with the "keywords" comment above.
i guess that the original add poster will have to relist their add with the new category selected.

now that we have the categories, can we get the sub forum selections for like, jets, where it has jets classified, to point to the new market jets listings, instead of the old marketplace adds?

also, can it be set so that the listings are ONLY sorted by listing time/date chronologically, not the "as long as no one replies, it stays where it is", which allows days old stuff to be interspersed in with the newer posts.
I don't really understand, are you saying that the categories are taking you to the old marketplace?

I can bring up sorting by original post date to see if that's something we can do.

Edit: You can sort by "last created" in order to see the most recently listed ads, as opposed to the most recently replied to.

Last edited by IBThomas; 04-11-2018 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:50 AM
mongo

there is a sub forum under rc jets that is a direct link to just rc jet adds. it still links to the old market place adds.
win 10, sea monkey 2.49.2
RC Jets (300 Viewing)
Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
somewhat like the above
Old 04-11-2018, 10:57 AM
IBobi

there is a sub forum under rc jets that is a direct link to just rc jet adds. it still links to the old market place adds.
win 10, sea monkey 2.49.2
RC Jets (300 Viewing)
Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
somewhat like the above
Aha -- we will get those redirected.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:25 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
It's there. Go to the marketplace, into any category (such as the one where you posted your ad), and check the MY LISTINGS box.

Can you post a link to a post where this is happening? I see photos in all the marketplace ads. We do know we have a bug on the thumbnail zoom, but I have not seen any "blank" pictures. Also let us know your device and browser and skin.
No pictures Multiple items - RCU Forums
Old 04-11-2018, 04:03 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by Propworn
So... you're not seeing this?

That is what I see, using chrome or FF on desktop.

If you are not seeing this, let me know what your setup is. And be sure to log out and back in, and then clear your cache, beforehand. Still happening? Turn off any blockers. Still happening? Post a screen shot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.