Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Old 04-11-2018, 04:25 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Old 04-11-2018, 04:48 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

...aaaaand that's how you get banned.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:53 PM
perdo
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worst down grade in a web site I have seen in 15 years. Sorry to say good bye until you bring back the RCU I joined.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:26 PM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mpizpilot

i just tried actually using the new marketplace for the first time. Omg, dont try fixing it, just go back to the legacy version. No offer button anymore? Just a reply that is public knowledge? Garbage. Everyone needs to migrate to RCG and stope posting stuff for sale here

This is REALLY REALLY GOOD advice right here, go back to the old marketplace until the new market place has at least been beta tested.

I've been engineering software for decades, I know how it feels to get mashed on a production cast with a project I've been working on for months.... it just gets worse if the fixes are tried right now.

Don't think about fixing the new stuff until it's back in the test environment, it'll cause more harm than good

JM2C

Last edited by erh7771; 04-12-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:54 AM
IBobi

Guys, not only are we not going back to the old marketplace, we are turning it off for good, like, today. We thank you so much for the reports and suggestions -- keep them coming -- but "go back" is not on the radar.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:10 AM
skyarrow1

If I could just ask this questions and sorry if it has been asked... What is the reason for the move and such strong objections to staying on the old format. Being a software and IT guy, I can understand needing to move to something different do to maintenance or something along those lines, but when you are having such an overwhelming negative response, just thought I would ask.

Mike
Old 04-13-2018, 11:12 AM
IBobi

Old version of the market was unsupportable custom code. New version is based on the forum software.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:29 PM
paulsf86
My Feedback: (52)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well I guess we just have to find something else that works better.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:40 PM
DIssakani
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by IBobi
When people with very few forum posts try to post a link, it won't work. Perhaps that's happening to you.

Go into a category and filter by MY LISTINGS.

Thanks. How many forum posts do I need in order to place an ad in buy and sell section?
Old 04-14-2018, 01:54 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

ok guys,
this is what should not be happening:

Feibau Dolphin S - RCU Forums

an add placed 3/28 is being injected in the list ahead of adds placed 4/7-4/9.
and yes, "last created" is the sort by criteria i have selected.
irrespective of the last post date, the adds should all be listed by date created information.

ok, now it is becoming apparent that the date created only remains supreme, until you look at an add, then return, at that point some of the adds move around driven by their last post date/time.

Last edited by mongo; 04-14-2018 at 07:10 PM. Reason: new data
Old 04-14-2018, 07:01 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

for what it is worth, i am still able to view the old marketplace.
not that any new adds have posted since 04/05, but what hasn't expired yet, is still there.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:38 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Question

Over the past couple of weeks, I've tried listing approximately 25 items and "new" marketplace is useless...no matter how long/short of description I put in the field, then press LIST ITEM button...I get error.

What is that about?

I don't why I try and bother listing anything. The cars/trucks forums are on life support .

Old 04-15-2018, 05:45 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Well, I'm trying to get used to the new format, but one thing is very very annoying,,, when ever you hit the "back" button it goes all the way back to where you've first loaded the market main page, you then need to re sort/filter to get back to the list of things you were viewing. If that could get fixed and a link to send the seller a PM in the ad itself, that would be great

Why can't you just make the "Date created" the forum default,, seems to be that would solve the resort display problem

again, windows 10 laptop,,, Chrome
Old 04-15-2018, 12:59 PM
twiztidbowler
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Whats going on with the pics, I cant get them to work when I try to sell something , I upload the pic and its there , but when I go to list the add theres no pic , I can see it on other peoples ads as well
Old 04-15-2018, 01:28 PM
Kim Couturier
My Feedback: (120)

This new RCU is horrible! Whatever possessed you to take a perfectly good working format, and install this mess? Tried to list a plane today ... again...and can't get to my pictures to put one in the ad. Entered it without the picture, and clicked " list it". Two hours later, it was still sitting there withe nufty circle going round and round and round trying to get it entered. Aghhhhh!
Old 04-16-2018, 04:26 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts

Things seem to be getting worse, rather then better! Pictures don't work on the Market Place, could be a pixel upload issue from the guy who post them. Did my surf from "Last Created", looked at an ad, and then went to "return" to previous page, and it took me back to "Last Post". Classified ads are still in the Forums. What really pissed me off today, was that I was responding to a Forum. Wrote out a average paragraph response. I didn't copy and save it, hit the "Post Quickly Reply". That took me to a new page saying that I had to sign in, when I was already signed in, the page took a dump and lost my response paragraph.
Damn! Get it together! It's like the IT guys just came out of school, or are too old to know the new programming. I am not an IT guy, so don't know what it takes, but definitely someone better then who is doing this website.
Starting to get used to RCG again and using it more now.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:35 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

The Russians have taken over LOL

RCU = Real Cute Utility LOL
Old 04-16-2018, 08:28 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by DIssakani
Thanks. How many forum posts do I need in order to place an ad in buy and sell section?
You should be able top go straight into it and make a listing.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:32 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by mongo
ok guys,
this is what should not be happening:

Feibau Dolphin S - RCU Forums

an add placed 3/28 is being injected in the list ahead of adds placed 4/7-4/9.
and yes, "last created" is the sort by criteria i have selected.
irrespective of the last post date, the adds should all be listed by date created information.

ok, now it is becoming apparent that the date created only remains supreme, until you look at an add, then return, at that point some of the adds move around driven by their last post date/time.
We're in the process of fixing this, but it may be that when you go back your search criteria is reset to the default.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:34 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by RustyUs
Over the past couple of weeks, I've tried listing approximately 25 items and "new" marketplace is useless...no matter how long/short of description I put in the field, then press LIST ITEM button...I get error.

What is that about?

I don't why I try and bother listing anything. The cars/trucks forums are on life support .

What error are you getting? I'd like to try and recreate this. What browser were you using?
Old 04-16-2018, 08:39 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Well, I'm trying to get used to the new format, but one thing is very very annoying,,, when ever you hit the "back" button it goes all the way back to where you've first loaded the market main page, you then need to re sort/filter to get back to the list of things you were viewing. If that could get fixed and a link to send the seller a PM in the ad itself, that would be great

Why can't you just make the "Date created" the forum default,, seems to be that would solve the resort display problem

again, windows 10 laptop,,, Chrome
We're on this and working to fix it.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:09 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by warbirdflyer68
Whats going on with the pics, I cant get them to work when I try to sell something , I upload the pic and its there , but when I go to list the add theres no pic , I can see it on other peoples ads as well
Originally Posted by Kim Couturier
This new RCU is horrible! Whatever possessed you to take a perfectly good working format, and install this mess? Tried to list a plane today ... again...and can't get to my pictures to put one in the ad. Entered it without the picture, and clicked " list it". Two hours later, it was still sitting there withe nufty circle going round and round and round trying to get it entered. Aghhhhh!
I've just reported this issue to tech. Will keep you guys updated.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:45 AM
smarks

Having the same issue with the pics today when creating listings. Worked fine two days ago.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:03 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by smarks
Having the same issue with the pics today when creating listings. Worked fine two days ago.
Got word from tech that is an external error with a server that we use. Hopefully they can get a handle on it soon.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:52 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by RustyUs

What is that about?

Why have you waited until 25 tries to report this error?

Can you include a screen shot of the error message please?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.