Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 03:08 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Oh yeah,, and no more block list,, now the guys who I don't want to do business with can post their nonsense on my ads
So
no ratings/feedback
No sort by distance,
No invoice system
Clunky reply system opens in new window
No way to PM directly in ad
We are working to add back in ratings and feedback.
You can still sort by distance, it's at the bottom once you click a category.
No invoices -- sales are via PM.

As to the block list, since we are all forum based, you ought to be able to right click a seller's name in a listing, which brings you to their profile page. Then you can click USER LISTS and ADD TO IGNORE LIST.

You can do the same to ignore a particular buyer; in the future I hope to make this a simple left-click/ignore.

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Can I move to the new format without paying $24.00 again?

Custom Plane Building, Plans, Kit, or Ideas (ID: 1132838)
PM IBthomas for information about payments for seller tiers.

Originally Posted by tdevince
After viewing an ad, how do I get back to where I was in the marketplace. Hitting the back button sends me to page 1, I then have to find which page I was on to continue my browsing. It would be nice if the back button took me to the page I was on when I selected an ad to view.
I have reported the back button issue thank you.

Originally Posted by mongo
needs to be able to set view to more than 20 per page. not counting those godawful featured adds.
need to be able to mark it sold when it sells. so we do not have to go to the add just to see it was already sold.
You can mark items sold using the LISTING TOOLS button, right below REPLY. Just a matter of getting used to the new layout.

I will ask about viewing more than 20 listings per page.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:21 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by Mpizpilot
Not a fan at all. The "since last visit" button will be missed.
The old marketplace is still up -- but I don't see a "since last visit" button? Where is it?

Originally Posted by 4*60
I would like to know also how to mark my test ad "sold". I choose the option and it does nothing
Under LISTING TOOLS, MARK LISTING AS SOLD, PERFORM ACTION.

Originally Posted by rutanman
liked sorting ads by distance. Can't even figure out where this feature might be.

The biggest drawback on buying an item is location. Shipping on larger items is now super expensive. I used to rule out items just by seeing that an item was out of state - now I can't even tell what state an item is in??????
Choose a product type (airplanes) then sort by distance (it's right there at the bottom of the sort options -- country, postal code, within {x} miles.

The item's location is also, right there. You can see it in both the list of ads you pull up, as well as inside each ad.

Please try to get used to the new format. Most important features are right there (though perhaps in a slightly different format that you are used to); others we will re-add soon. Some we may not be able to add, but there are new features and ease of placing and sorting that may make up for it.

Originally Posted by kdunlap
There does not seem to be any relationship between clicking on a navigation word such as "parts" and what pops up...... Complete fail...
There is no "parts" category... not sure what you are seeing? Can you explain a bit more?

Originally Posted by kdunlap
Now menu items appear and disappear with no warning.....
What menu items are you referring to?
Old 03-26-2018, 03:29 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by MTIPilot
There is no specific listing category, no specific shipping or type of payment instructions.
Working to add categories back in.
Payment and shipping arrangements are all done through PM now.

Originally Posted by MYHELL99
Where are the ratings and profile photos? Where is the offer history? Where is the last login? Where are the sub-categories? These are such important features of RCU and made it stand out ahead of the other sites.
Working to get ratings back in there.
Profile photos are there (they are the profile photos from the forums).
Sub categories are coming back soon.
The Offer History is right below the item if you click in -- works just like the forum now, slightly different format. Don't see one? No offers have been made.
What is last login used for?
Old 03-26-2018, 04:46 PM
chooley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new web site SUCKS
Old 03-26-2018, 05:28 PM
pmu1957
My Feedback: (26)

What is going on with this site can’t find anything
Old 03-26-2018, 06:50 PM
757jonp
My Feedback: (48)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't get it... Why did you have to take a perfectly good classified Section and go ruin it? Only thing I can think of is "someone" just graduated from computer school and needed something to "fix"!
Old 03-26-2018, 06:53 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

that is exactly what it does for me, Tomas.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:02 PM
mongo

still seeing new post for sale jets in the legacy market place.
at least one added today on march 26.

Carf euro fighter - ARF (ID: 1133203)
Old 03-26-2018, 08:11 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Did you guys sold the rcunivers to China ,this looks like China instruction manual I got last time with speed controller programmer ,still don't know how to use it.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:19 PM
bruff
My Feedback: (18)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
That's right, everything is done with REPLY, and then the sale is made over PM.

The seller's Join Date is right there on the listing.

As we messaged in the announcement in post #1 here, the old marketplace is now read-only for 2 weeks, after which it will disappear. If you need to find an ad in the old marketplace, be sure you are selecting the "Market (Legacy)" tab.

Link please?

You may post such inquiries by clicking REPLY, or be sending the seller a PM.

Accept via PM, and then mark the listing as SOLD using the Listing Tools.

Hmm it is working correctly for me. Can you tell me what parameters you plugged in?
Sorry but without invoices and the check and balances they provided this site just asking for trouble..
Bob
Old 03-26-2018, 09:36 PM
mongo

yeah, the invoicing and pay pal connection was what made this site's classifieds work.
as for buying, i do not buy a lot of stuff off rcg, because, well, if i don't already know the guy, like bob ruff, then it just isn't worth the risk. selling there is a hit or miss thing. folks will say, ya, i'll take it, then never get the payment to ya.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:50 AM
erieqc

This was a terrible mistake by rcu this is totally worthless. I'll just do all my business over on rc groups from now on!!!
Old 03-27-2018, 02:15 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Market place adds are taking over the new posts. On top of that we are subjected to seeing the same ad every time someone posts to that ad. Is this a forum or a freaking want ads.

Dennis
Old 03-27-2018, 04:16 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i have no idea who thought changing the market place to what it is now, but it was a terrible move. not user friendly at all. its killed the market place and left the door open to a competing website to swoop in and take unhappy rcu users. let me put it another way. if categories are not needed, then why not the same in the forum area. just have random post and let the user search for key words? i will tell you why, because that is foolishness. first, users like to go straight to where their interest is, second, when you search, you always wonder if you are seeing all related post. the answer is most likely not. the market place is like a library now. its a go find it yourself and good luck. very disappointing.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:54 AM
snellers1

You took away all the features that made RCU Marketplace great:
  • Being able to filter, e.g. being able to get to "Engines -> glow 2-stroke" with just a few clicks, or "Airplanes->Kits".
  • Viewing "Condition" and "Offers" by hovering with cursor.
  • Being able to view pending, rejected and private offers without having to search through a forum thread.
  • Straight-forward "Make an Offer" form.
It's just a forum now. Won't be coming back.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:03 AM
rutanman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Snellers1, u2fast, along with so many others have made some excellent points.

I have to wonder if the whole change was directed to a device (such as a cell phone), instead of to an end User of RCUniverse.

If you are truly trying to get the site back up with features that Users want to see, start a list of pending changes (with a status of priorities). The number one priority should be Categories and Subcategories set up ( with the help of a long time R/C Universe User).

(to piggyback off of u2fast's idea):
Can you imagine Ebay without categories and many sub-categories, everything all lumped together? Users time is as limited as ever. Many Users will give up on something if it takes too much of their time. A long time R/C person, from each major discipline - jet (electric/turbine), aircraft(electric/nitro/gas), heli(electric/nitro/gas),quads, etc,etc,etc. could easily come up with the main categories and subcategories for each discipline. Being able to subscribe to certain subcategories would make the most of users time. Also, can you imagine not being able to Search and Sort Ebay by distance? There is a reason that Ebay is so successful. It should be a model that you should be going towards and not away from.

Without proper planning and setup - all could be lost quickly. The old saying is so true: "Failing to plan is planning to fail." Again, apologies for being critical. But there is only a limited time to get this fixed before Users give up. Loss of Users turns into loss of revenue and advertisers quickly.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:12 AM
decartme
My Feedback: (21)

I totally agree with the main points of this thread there are some very bad changes
1. No seller or buyer ratings.
2. Loss of Paypal invoice.
3. No subcatigories
4. Highlighting adds that have been added since last log in
5. No agreement to user guidelines for selling and making offers.
6. No way to report fraudulent adds.

This change took the best available RC selling web site and killed it. I have 4 sub categories bookmarked and I jump in at lunch to see what has been posted for sale and I usually buy 2 or 3 things a month just because they are priced right and I can use them not because I want to search for them.

I hope that you did not pay large sums of money for this change as it looks like the changes were programmed by some fly by night company in a 3rd world country that has never seen Ebay or an RC airplane.

My feedback to this new approach is bring back the old site and start over on the programming of the new site as it is obviously not ready or complete.

Sincerely,
A former RCU user.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:45 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by snellers1
You took away all the features that made RCU Marketplace great:
  • Being able to filter, e.g. being able to get to "Engines -> glow 2-stroke" with just a few clicks, or "Airplanes->Kits".
  • Viewing "Condition" and "Offers" by hovering with cursor.
  • Being able to view pending, rejected and private offers without having to search through a forum thread.
  • Straight-forward "Make an Offer" form.
It's just a forum now. Won't be coming back.
Originally Posted by rutanman
Snellers1, u2fast, along with so many others have made some excellent points.

I have to wonder if the whole change was directed to a device (such as a cell phone), instead of to an end User of RCUniverse.

If you are truly trying to get the site back up with features that Users want to see, start a list of pending changes (with a status of priorities). The number one priority should be Categories and Subcategories set up ( with the help of a long time R/C Universe User).

(to piggyback off of u2fast's idea):
Can you imagine Ebay without categories and many sub-categories, everything all lumped together? Users time is as limited as ever. Many Users will give up on something if it takes too much of their time. A long time R/C person, from each major discipline - jet (electric/turbine), aircraft(electric/nitro/gas), heli(electric/nitro/gas),quads, etc,etc,etc. could easily come up with the main categories and subcategories for each discipline. Being able to subscribe to certain subcategories would make the most of users time. Also, can you imagine not being able to Search and Sort Ebay by distance? There is a reason that Ebay is so successful. It should be a model that you should be going towards and not away from.

Without proper planning and setup - all could be lost quickly. The old saying is so true: "Failing to plan is planning to fail." Again, apologies for being critical. But there is only a limited time to get this fixed before Users give up. Loss of Users turns into loss of revenue and advertisers quickly.
Originally Posted by decartme
I totally agree with the main points of this thread there are some very bad changes
1. No seller or buyer ratings.
2. Loss of Paypal invoice.
3. No subcatigories
4. Highlighting adds that have been added since last log in
5. No agreement to user guidelines for selling and making offers.
6. No way to report fraudulent adds.

This change took the best available RC selling web site and killed it. I have 4 sub categories bookmarked and I jump in at lunch to see what has been posted for sale and I usually buy 2 or 3 things a month just because they are priced right and I can use them not because I want to search for them.

I hope that you did not pay large sums of money for this change as it looks like the changes were programmed by some fly by night company in a 3rd world country that has never seen Ebay or an RC airplane.

My feedback to this new approach is bring back the old site and start over on the programming of the new site as it is obviously not ready or complete.

Sincerely,
A former RCU user.
We hear you and we're working to bring many of these features back. Right now, the highest priority for our team is getting back filters/sub-categories.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:24 AM
MYHELL99
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about my watchlist and getting email notifications on ads that I'm interested in? Did that go away too??
-Richie
Old 03-27-2018, 12:24 PM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by Auburn02
I am using Chrome as well and there are definite inconsistencies in the navigation. I can duplicate an issue every time by doing the following.
1. Go to Marketplace Home
2. Select a Product Type (I chose Airplanes)
3. Ooh, look, airplanes
4. I changed to a different product type (I selected Engines and unselected Airplanes)
5. Ooh, look, engines.
6. Select a listing.
7. Ooh, look, an engine
8. Click the back button in the browser
9. Ooh, look, airplanes - wait a minute, wasn't I just looking at engines?
Good Catch. I'll open a ticket on this.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:54 PM
Fontanooch
My Feedback: (42)

I will leave the site and come back in a month or two to see if fixed. I do not need the aggravation of learning something new. This at one time many years ago was a good site, then it changed format and was not so good. Now it changed format again and it is BAD
Old 03-27-2018, 01:34 PM
cjpres
My Feedback: (43)

Default Help this new site has serious issues

Hello
how come I can't get off page 1 of engines and motors? Hit nexpage and it goes back to main menu.
Not happy with the new site.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:56 PM
tdevince

It's not very useful for browsing, selecting an item to view, hit the browser back button and you're back to page 1, not the page you were on when you viewed whatever item you looked at. Too frustrating to use, why don't you look at what RCGroups.com did, its much more user friendly than this. Like others mentioned, I'll try back after a few months to see if you fixed it.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:03 PM
RadioPhlyer
My Feedback: (3)

Hey get a grip this place has been changed. Will they try and fix it so everyone will shut their trap..... yeah sure. But don't expect them to put it back like it was. Its not gonna happen. It's their way or the highway.
I haven't heard anything that remotely sounds like they are making the slightest effort to put it back. Yeah they can see that people liked certain features of the old set up. And they will try to fix it.
But put it back .... not a chance. But they are going to find that people will talk but eventually will give up and go a long with what they feed them.. there will be a few who decides the highway is the best way.
But once changed they hardly ever go back. Because you are going to get what someone else wants you to get.
(Just my opinion). your mileage may differ.... Can anyone recall one that went back to what it was..... nope me neither. Does that mean you shouldn't use the new set up ..... no it doesn't.... Unless it really matters to you.
RF

Last edited by RadioPhlyer; 03-27-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:18 PM
caseyairbus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey buddy you better fix this proplem we all want the old site back or you guys will be out of business

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.