Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Delete a user account?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 12:45 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Delete a user account?

How do I go about deleting user account? During the change to the new site, I screwed up and created a new account only to immediately afterwards find my previous account had the -RCU added to the end. I of course used my previous account, but now I'm getting email messages to the second account. I don't use it and never will so I would like to just have it deleted. What do I need to do to make this happen?

TIA,
John
Old 12-04-2003, 06:00 PM
messlinger
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Delete a user account?

I don't think you can get the info deleted. Then their user count would be so low they'd loose more members, kinda like a run on the bank during a market crash.

I tried to get my information deleted months ago and all they told me was put dashes in my information slots under MyAccount. This keeps them from actually loosing numbers (head count).

If you (or the admins) figure out how to get my member info completely deleted from this place let me know.
What they're doing is undoubtedly illegal, but I just keep coming back to try my password and it still works.

Mark
Old 12-04-2003, 06:10 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the site to require the personal information is not illegal. You do not have to provide anything simply because no one forces you to join the site.

I OTOH have two accounts. I do not want the second and in fact have never used it.

John
Old 12-05-2003, 12:22 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JWN,

email me with the account you want me to deactivate.

messlinger - we don't delete records because we don't have a tool yet to wipe them out...if a user wants their info removed they simply go to myaccount and remove it. As far as our member numbers are concerned advertisers base campaigns on results not member counts. Many advertisers could care less what the member count is. What matters is if their ads get response and if they spend a dollar to make more than the dollar they spend. Fortunately on RCU advertisers get what they pay for. If you don't like the site remove your remaining info and put some random characters in for your password and go elsewhere. If you don't want to be here we don't want you here since that would make you unhappy obviously.

marc