Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

@#$% popups

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 02:28 AM
bentwings

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default @#$% popups

Hi,
First let me say that I really like this forum and have been in it since it started off and on. I hardly ever write to admin. but when I do it is usually because something has really gotten under my skin.

Here is my problem. I have several popup killers.. some work, some don't and ironically I guess they probably should be just left alone as now only the really persistant and worst ones get through.
I spend and average of 1/2 of the first 15-20 minutes upon entering RCU getting rid of popups. They seem to diminish with time but they still log me off, delay searches, slow the post process and in general make a nusance of themselves.
I visit other sites (performance auto and streetrods) that don't have this problem. Surely these sites are not as big a RCU but nevertheless they just don't seem to get hit.

What gives? Isn't this one of the things that drove y'all to start this forum?

Other that this, RCU si one of my main sites that I visit nearly every day I'm home. Keep up the good work.

thanks

bentwings
Old 01-05-2004, 02:46 AM
Truglodite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: @#$% popups

hmm, i don't get any popups here and i have no pop-up filters or tweaked settings. in fact in the 8yrs i've been relying on the internet i have never had to spend 7.5 to 10 minutes shutting them down. sounds like you either have a virus or spyware issues. try running spyware and/or adaware and update your antivirous and scan. also, if you go to popup riddled sites (r/c universe not included) hit ALT+F4 to close popups quickly before they get out of control.

good luck.[]
Old 01-05-2004, 05:42 AM
Mike in DC

It's not RCU. I am 99% sure you have a spyware problem. I'm not sure why it hits when you come to RCU. I agree with Truglodite that a good spyware removal program should take care of it.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:42 AM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

This has been discussed at length many times before. RCU does not have pop-ups.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:45 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we have zero popups now. we had zero popups when we started. we will have zero popups in the future. you have a spyware issue. clean your computer now and get rid of them
Old 01-06-2004, 09:09 AM
dr_wogz
My Feedback: (3)

ad-aware version 6 worked for me!