Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

AOL links problem...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 07:10 PM
tiggerinmk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AOL links problem...

I've got an AOL address set up as my notification email. In the last couple of days the thread links have been displayed as standard text instead of being clickable in the emails.

The emails state: "If you are an AOL user click "enable links" in your preferences if you cannot click the links in this email".

However, I see no reference to this in either my RCU settings or preferences in AOL.

How do I get my clickable links back?
Old 01-12-2004, 08:31 PM
mvigod
Banned

Default RE: AOL links problem...

I'm told there is a mail preference in aol to enable links. we took out the html code which was there for aol users because it was causing some of their servers to reject some notices. also some isp's now give an email a high spam score and junk it if there are links in the email with html (href tags). this stinks because to ensure the mail gets through we cannot use the tags so each mail user must figure out how to enable live links in their email client if it is not on by default.

we put the full link in there and any client should be capable of making it clickable so check the preferences and let me know
Old 01-13-2004, 12:34 AM
tiggerinmk

I've had another look at all the mail preferences and controls I could find within AOL and could not find an option to make embeded URL's clickable. BTW, I'm still using 8.0 plus, maybe they've added it for 9.0?

There was however, an option to flag emails containing clickable URL's as spam. This option is not set on my account.

I shall change my RCU email address to another which I use in conjunction with Outlook and see how that compares...
Old 01-13-2004, 10:11 AM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: tiggerinva

I've had another look at all the mail preferences and controls I could find within AOL and could not find an option to make embeded URL's clickable. BTW, I'm still using 8.0 plus, maybe they've added it for 9.0?

There was however, an option to flag emails containing clickable URL's as spam. This option is not set on my account.

I shall change my RCU email address to another which I use in conjunction with Outlook and see how that compares...

let me know what you find when you change clients. I am unsuare if it is 9.0 that has that option...maybe another aol'er can let us know
Old 01-13-2004, 07:53 PM
tiggerinmk

Links are fine and clickable on my new setting, which is a Comcast account using Outlook Express...