Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Mods, good job, who was "D in C" anyway??

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Mods, good job, who was "D in C" anyway??

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 04:07 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods, good job, who was "D in C" anyway??

I went into the 3D forum to have a look at posts only to see a rude user name, so had a look and a very rude post, reported the post tho it then said access denied ( think it tried to take me to the mods forum )
was going to try again then look for his other 4 posts but by the time i went back it was gone.
good job keeping those scum off our boards

did my report work? coz all i got was access denied
Old 01-26-2004, 06:09 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mods, good job, who was "D in C" anyway??

the mods deleted his stuff and we banned him. this is a user out of puerto rico. we banned the user and his aliases. the issue though is that we had to ban his ip address and there are a few innocents who share his isp and ip addresses. this means that one moron is keeping real users from getting to RCU (about 3 guys) right now. I'm seeing if I can whitelist the innocents.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:24 PM
Cactus.

ah yes, the typical drunken night in where some mates are on your pc and find it funny to insult people on the forum you use.
you could see last night how hard it was to get to grips with the amount of posts he was making, and it seems i missed half of what was going on.
Nice speedy action boys[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-26-2004, 06:28 PM
mvigod
Banned

we have some new features coming down the road which will allow members with more than "xx" number of posts to report trouble posts and then without a moderator becoming involved the post will be tossed offline into a queue for moderator review. We will set it so x number of reports on the same post will remove the post from public view. Then anytime later a moderator can review the post and edit it as needed (or delete it).

Next we will solidify this where a user who has more than 3 posts per day removed by vote of the membership then that member gets suspended and put in a queue for moderator review. This is so fools like this troublemaker can get tossed quickly and easily even if a moderator isn't available.

marc
Old 01-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Cactus.

interesting, power to the people
even so, i never saw anything in threads that others did, only his own thread with that banana pic.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:58 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Marc,

Some of my friends in Puerto Rico are kind of dissapointed because thier IP has been blocked (cqui.net). They have nothing to do with the individual who has caused you trouble at all.

The reason I post this message is because apparently they have no way of posting here and let you know of the problem.

I sincerely hope you can resolve this issue and hopefully identify the individual. In the meantime there are some guys in PR who would love to return to the RCU community.

Thanks,

David R
Old 01-29-2004, 10:37 AM
mvigod
Banned

we hope to have this resolved today.