Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

What does "awaiting approval" mean

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

What does "awaiting approval" mean

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 10:53 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: What does "awaiting approval" mean

Damn, Who let Blackie back in????
Old 05-14-2004, 11:09 AM
Texas 3D
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any chance we can ban Marc from RCU ??? oooops..... [X(]
Old 05-15-2004, 11:59 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Mike B. & Marc. Thanks for posting a reply. I to am guilty of some knee jerk replys and getting a little short with some replys. Maybe thats why what I saw from Fred didn't seem offensive? Or maybe I didn't see the post that caused this mess. Either way I can see your side of the coin now. I don't envy the job the moderators have. I'm sure it's a damned if you do damned if you don't kind of deal. Maybe a better way of censoring can be found. The awaiting approval thing seems a little unfair. I would rather recieve an E-mail saying I was off for two weeks. Instead of everyone else knowing I was being punished. This site is a great collection of people. Why not start a post asking for ideas.

Thanks again, David
Old 05-15-2004, 12:50 PM
AirGar
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: daveopam

I to am guilty of some knee jerk replys and getting a little short with some replys.

I don't envy the job the moderators have. I'm sure it's a damned if you do damned if you don't kind of deal. Maybe a better way of censoring can be found.

The awaiting approval thing seems a little unfair. I would rather recieve an E-mail saying I was off for two weeks. Instead of everyone else knowing I was being punished. This site is a great collection of people. Why not start a post asking for ideas.

Thanks again, David
Ditto Dave.

I too have had my typing hand slapped, one time deserving, and another time not so deserving.

The "awaiting approval" tag reminds of the "Here's your sign" song....making it a somewhat public humiliation if you actually had to wear...the "sign". Surely RCU could drop this tag while a member is being repremanded, or put on "time out".

It's very easy to get caught up in the moment (thread), and sometimes even harder to "not" post what you really want to say. I've bit my tongue. many times.

A thread for suggestions is a great idea.

Gary
Old 05-16-2004, 06:53 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When someone is put on "moderated" status, they're made aware of it. They know that their posts will appear with waiting for approval on them. If they don't want others to know that they're being disciplined in that way all they have to do is avoid posting. It's their choice.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:44 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Texas 3D

any chance we can ban Marc from RCU ??? oooops..... [X(]

Hmmm...we can only hope

As for the awaiting approval. I think it actually should only appear to the poster and the moderator and not to the general member populace. Originally I thought that is the way it was but such is not the case. I will have to do some coding to make it that way as there really is no reason for a member to see that and it may serve to embarass some who are on moderated status here. That is not the goal of the tool but rather to act as a filter to ensure everything is reviewed before it is ever read by another member instead of having it read first and removed later.