Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Selective Enforcement????????

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Selective Enforcement????????

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 12:14 AM
Warjet
My Feedback: (327)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selective Enforcement????????

I know the forums for specific manufacturers are there for members to post questions. A recent posting concerning the Futaba 9C synthesized module and its whereabouts had 2 comments, one by myself and one from another member, erased because the moderator stated the postings were for his responses to Futaba questions. Problem I have is: I read most forums everyday, and there appear many comments from other than the moderator in the collective Hobby Services posts that do not get deleted. Could it be because my comment was on the at least 5 month delay in the delivery of the item and my frustration in buying the 9C over another radio, say a Multiplex synthesized that would be supported by my home town Hitec folks, just because there was supposedly a synthesized module on the way? Or am I being too sensitive because I bought a 9C over a Multiplex thinking a synthesized module was on the Horizon (no pun intended for Great Planes)? It appears to me that other's comments are allowed as long as they don't reflect negatively on any Great Planes products, real or soon to be released. Am I correct here, or am I dreaming (like Santa please bring me a synthesized module)?
Old 12-24-2004, 02:06 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Selective Enforcement????????

You aren't dreaming, you are in a nightmare! Same thing happened when I posted a thread about Futaba 3004 failing me (4 out of 20 or so) they got deleted....twice! Now I buy Hitec servos. *Waits for delete*
Old 12-24-2004, 03:48 AM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

At the top of the forum from which you posted was deleted, there is a post entitled "About this Forum". That post is a policy statement about the forum. There is a line in the post that states:

This is a manufacturer's support forum, and we ask readers to please refrain from adding posts to individuals' questions or concerns. This is not a discussion forum. Inappropriate replies or discussions will be deleted or moved to a more appropriate forum.
This is normal procedure for any of the support forums. It is a service provided to members to have direct access to a manufacturers representative to ask questions. The representative is the only person allowed to answer questions or comment on the posted questions. If the original poster wanted comments from the general membership, he would have posted it in the open discussion forum.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Warjet
My Feedback: (327)

Thanks, but I made that statement in my opening line. What you didn't address was the selective enforcement, which is the point of my posting here. Members on the manufacturers forums chime in all the time, and it appears that the ones that are deleted from the forums are the critical ones.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:28 AM
ClemenTang

To select is human. I have to stand up for myself when politically harrassed.

Clement
Old 12-24-2004, 11:32 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps it is because it is only the negative ones that are brought to our attention? What it boils down to is that all mfg forums are for the single member and mfg to exchange info. Other members can read that thread and learn from that members problems. If a mfg wants one reply removed but feels another one should stay that is their perogative when it comes down to it. If you want replies from everyone then as lightfoot suggests use the regular discussion forums. Think of the mfg forums like you being on the phone with a company. It is you and their rep, period. Not a conference call. If the mfg wanted to allow others in on the call they could but that is at their discretion. Same thing here.