Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

WHY WAS MY POST DELETED?

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

WHY WAS MY POST DELETED?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 11:07 AM
MiniMental

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY WAS MY POST DELETED?

That SUCKS, RCU SUCKS, why cant you post sales ads in forums? does it do any harm?? erm...no.. does it lose you money??? erm...no.. so WHY!?
Old 05-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Rubberduck

Default RE: WHY WAS MY POST DELETED?

You should PM a moderator for an answer. Making a thread like this is a quick way to get yourself banned.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:21 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

From a readers perspective, posting ads in forums is irritating. I look at the forums to get information and participate in discussions with people. When I want to shop for something I go to the buy and sell section. If every person who wanted to sell something put an ad in the forums, it would be quite challenging to navigate one's way around the ads. So, put your ad where it belongs, which you had already done, and use the forums the way they were designed to be used.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to echo what Chuck said. In addition, I will point out that you were sent an Email, to your Email account of record, which specifies why your post was deleted. Since you posted this angry thread, I can conclude:
1. You didn't see the Email, so
2. Your account of record was bogus, or your filter settings stopped the email from reaching you. In either case, that is not the problem of the RCU admin, and it is certainly not the problem of us RCU readers.

Otherwise, good luck.
Dave Olson
Old 05-05-2005, 11:31 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mini,

This link will answer that question for you. I hope it helps

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/RCU_..._377662/tm.htm

But just in case and for everyones information, this is quoted right out of the rules:

This is a forum of ideas and discussions. We do not wish to have the readers of the forums overwhelmed with advertisements but realize that posting announcements or interesting new product information is information our members want. To balance this need for information and the need to prevent spamming of ads in our forums, we will allow the following to be posted:

Any current advertiser on RC Universe may post one announcement with product information or news no more than once every 2 weeks

Any non-advertiser on RC Universe may post one announcement with product information or news no more than once every month

Commercial announcements must be made in one forum only and the forum must be applicable to the topic of the commercial announcement thread

Members may reply to these threads and vendors may follow up with answers, support or additional information.

"Build Threads" are permitted

No "sale" ads or graphical ads allowed. This is for dissemination of product announcement, market research or pertinent news strictly.

No bumping is allowed. Companies should use common sense discretion when adding information so they don't aggravate their customers

Full disclosure of company affiliation is required for these posts.

Companies may answer within ongoing threads whether providing direct answers to questions about their products & support or adding pertinent product information such as specs, photos, videos, inventory status for example.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:12 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That SUCKS, RCU SUCKS, why cant you post sales ads in forums? does it do any harm?? erm...no.. does it lose you money??? erm...no.. so WHY!?
Truth of the matter is, RCU does not "suck", but it would if they let jerks like you do whatever they wanted to.
Dennis-
Old 05-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Dr.Watson
My Feedback: (10)

its bad enough having the ads at the top and bottom of threads.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I deleted the post because advertising is not allowed in the forums.
Want ads are also not allowed.
I would recommend that you suggest a forum for want ads and see if the senior moderators and administrators will accept that. If not, the present rule stands.
Please look under the rules link at the section for SELLING::
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/RCU_..._377662/tm.htm
Sorry

ORIGINAL: MiniMental
Old 05-05-2005, 01:27 PM
hookedonrc

Ditto on all the comments here. If I want to buy something, I'll go looking for it in the section where it should be.

Thanks Geistware!
Old 05-05-2005, 02:10 PM
mvigod
Banned

Discussion forums are for "discussions".

We have a full featured classified and auction marketplace where users can sell their stuff. There is no reason at all to clutter the "discussions" with ads for users selling stuff. This would add literally thousands of sale/wanted ads in the forums for visitors/members to wade through.

Organization has its merits. Without it there is chaos.

Thank you for your feedback though although it could have been presented a bit differently.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:43 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

We have a full featured classified and auction marketplace where users can sell their stuff. .

Was going to say the same thing but he beat me to it. You want to sell something, go to the sale forums.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:27 PM
hookedonrc

Marc,
Are you talking about my feedback? I am not sure where I stepped over the line at in my comments, but certainly would like to know where.

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

We have a full featured classified and auction marketplace where users can sell their stuff. There is no reason at all to clutter the "discussions" with ads for users selling stuff. This would add literally thousands of sale/wanted ads in the forums for visitors/members to wade through.

Organization has its merits. Without it there is chaos.

Thank you for your feedback though although it could have been presented a bit differently.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:34 PM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: hookedonrc

Marc,
Are you talking about my feedback? I am not sure where I stepped over the line at in my comments, but certainly would like to know where.
nope..didn't mean you..meant the original poster minimetal...the sucks comments were not called for by him...that is not constuctive criticism
Old 05-05-2005, 05:46 PM
hookedonrc

Gotcha...thanks