Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

time limit on editing posts

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

time limit on editing posts

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 02:47 PM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time limit on editing posts

hi,

over in the Electric Indoor & Micro RC Flight forum, we have a sticky with a list of modifications that have been done to a certain plane. i try to keep this list of links updated as often as possible, as the thread moves quickly, and falling behind makes for a lot of catch up work.

but, since my post of links in that sticky is a few months old now, i cant edit it, and i have to get ahold of one of the moderators to do my dirty work. is it possible to either make that sticky, or at least my post, not have the time limit? i'm sure the moderators dont mind updating the list for me, but it would be nice to be able to handle it myself. it would also be nice if it were possible to remove the posts that are just conversation and dont have any modifications, just to keep things tidy (like my own post, #18).

just out of curiosity, why is there a time limit on editing posts anyway?

thanks,
Nick

edit: this is the sticky in question, post #3 http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4886434/tm.htm
Old 02-12-2007, 03:16 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: time limit on editing posts

The system wide setting is 60 days. After that you won't be able to edit the post.

Ken
Old 02-13-2007, 11:42 AM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info, Ken. i guess i'm curious as to why there's a time limit in the first place. i dont see the harm in members being able to edit their own posts, even if their 2 months old, or older.

nick
Old 02-13-2007, 12:43 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

It's not any administrative issue, but rather a system issue. It's the way that the RCU software archives its data.

Ken