Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Profile pictures not Showing or being able to be changed

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Profile pictures not Showing or being able to be changed

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 12:15 PM
linkadrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Profile pictures not Showing or being able to be changed

For awhile i ahd a pic of my triner up on my profile page Decided to change it to A Twsit i have and most of that pic is cut off. So i thought i'll dlete it and post something else as a profile pic but it doesnt change. Still have that cut off pic on the profile. This has been aproblem for some time now. and it has never worked right when i did get the trainer pic up there i left it for a long time. just got tired of it and would like to change it now and then.

So why is this messed up and never ben fixed? I figured withthe Down time the other day this wouldl have been one of the issues that was going to be fixed nope still the same way. So now i have a pic that is 3/4 cut off with a paper clip going to just delete it. and have no pic till its fixed i'll try again now and then. Maybe it will get fixed.

Dont know were else to post this issue it not a forum issue it's a profile pic issue.[]

pic of the image that is suppose to be on the profile..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19851.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	931979  
Old 04-21-2008, 01:15 AM
linkadrip

Default RE: Profile pictures not Showing or being able to be changed

I guess this isn't a very big issue. I can leave it blank, i dont need a profile photo. Just thought it would be kinda nice to be able to change it now and then. [&o]
Old 04-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Live Wire

Seems they are having bigger problems that are getting worse rather than BETTER.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:03 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is the exact nature of this bug or error?
Old 04-22-2008, 03:39 PM
linkadrip

The Exact error of this Bug is i can't chage the profile picture. It managed to load the old trainer photo which is what i have on there now. But if i try to change it to any other photo it won't change it. refreshes back to the same photo that is there.

I click on change photo or picture and the little browse winbdow pops up i find a picture i want to upload. then click the up load. it takes a few seconds and the window says your picture has been uploaded it may take 10 minutes to appear try holding down shift and refreshing the page to see your picture. i can do that and it goes right back to the same old Profile pic or i close the window with the close link and the page refreshes right back to the same old profile picture. i can wait ten minutes and it still doesnt change. I did get it to change one time but it Cut the picture in half so i removed the picture. it doesnt seem to have a problem removing a pic just wont change them. So i'm stuck with the photo of my trainer since that is the only one it will load.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:15 AM
WORNBOOTS
My Feedback: (33)

This issue has been addressed over a year ago and still its a problem today.
On the otherhand it not a problem if you simply dont use the feature, although its nice to have a profile pic in addition to an avatar.

History of this problem [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5489690/anchors_5567598/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#5567598]Profile Pic Change[/link]
Old 04-24-2008, 12:05 PM
linkadrip

Thanks read the thread wish i had known about it before. I have tried and tried again to change it with no luck. Just something to mess around with when your boared i guess and maybe you get lucky and it chages kinda like playin the lottery. Maybe one day it will change to my Twist 150. But for the time being its a trainer. Not gonna really sweat it anymore. i belong to many other forums were i can use the photos i have as profile pics with no problems. Its an RCU issue, someday they may fix it. but i'm sure they have alot more important issues to worry about then the profile pic.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:49 PM
WORNBOOTS
My Feedback: (33)

I think if you delete the pic (which does work when deleted and the blank appears) and leave it sit a week or so, then I was able to get it to change........ Atleast I think thats how I did it finally.

PS
Good luck finding flying places up in Tehachapi !!! That area was nice especially north of 58 through the meadows "north of the old airstrip".
Mojave had a area that I heard was nice ?? that was several yaers ago though.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Anomie

Ok, I changed my profile image about 3 weeks ago (as far as I can recall). It did not show the change immediately. I then became sidetracked by PMs and subsequently forgot about the change I had made. I have seen this thread as well as the other in the suggestions forum. I didn't give it a second thought.

I just noticed a few minutes ago that it has now changed. I see my profile every day at least, and would have noticed sooner. I don't understand why it has happened now after all this time, but nevertheless it's different.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:10 PM
linkadrip

Hey Hey what do you know mine has changed too. lol amazing [sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=teeth_smile.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]