Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

No Locks Allowed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 08:33 AM
Longhair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Locks Allowed?

Can someone point on in the rules where pictures of LOCKS are not allowed?
Old 09-26-2008, 09:24 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: No Locks Allowed?

MANAGING USER CONTENT:
Members of RCU are solely responsible for all content posted under their account. It is each member's obligation and responsibility to log off at the end of their session to prevent unauthorized use of RCU and account access. RCU shall have the right, but not the obligation, to correct any errors or omissions in any content, as it may determine in its sole discretion. RCU further reserves the right to delete or remove any user content from the site and to deny the access of any member to all or part of this site, at any time for any reason without prior notice or liability.

Thread titles must reflect the full content and be fair to any person or vendor where things have been resolved. Please update the thread title by either adding the word RESOLVED to the title or re-wording the title to better reflect the situation.
Ken
Old 09-26-2008, 09:35 AM
RCtruckRacer

Or perhaps this covers it even better:

HARASSMENT & FLAMING:
RCU members are not permitted to harass or "flame" other members. Please do not post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. Please note that this also includes the posting of taunts on a forum solely for the purpose of demeaning that forum's topic and/or members.
Moderators are members too. It's only too obvious that you post such things to express your displeasure about actions moderators have taken in the past. This could not be more blatant. I understand that you are unhappy with the way things are run on RCU, but the rules were put in place by the owner of the forum. Frankly, I cannot understand why you choose to populate a privately owned forum that you have so much displeasure with.

Rob
Old 09-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Longhair

What I am getting out of it is this: If a moderator does not like someone, then they can do everything in their power short of banning them to keep them from posting here.

Thanks for the answer.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:08 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: Longhair

What I am getting out of it is this: If a moderator does not like someone, then they can do everything in their power short of banning them to keep them from posting here.

Thanks for the answer.
While this may be "technically" true, it's not going to happen more than once or twice. Regardless of what you may think, the Moderators here do not do things "just because they fell like it". All actions of the Moderators here on RCU are reviewed by those above them. So what we do here is seen by the Owners and Administrator of RCU. So to answer your question, no a Moderator that doesn't like you will not be able to keep you from posting here. The Moderators here on RCU are human just like everybody else. If we see that there are personal differences between a member and a moderator that moderator will be asked to steer clear of that person. This has happened in the past, but not often. The Moderators here on RCU are selected partially because they have proven that they can deal fairly with the membership here on RCU. And as I said above, we are constantly reviewed to ensure that we continue to deal in a fair manner.

I hope that this answers your question.

Ken
Old 09-26-2008, 11:11 AM
RCtruckRacer

ORIGINAL: Longhair

Thanks for the answer.
Ken replied well to this, but I am unsure that it specifically addressed your statement in regards to the subject line of this thread. You asked why you were not able to taunt the moderators with a passive-aggressive post (let's be totally honest here - you are unhappy with a moderator or moderators and posting a 'lock' thread with no content can only be perceived as a taunt). Imagine if this type of behavior were to be allowed globally (on the forums). Threads would spiral out of control very quickly and no one would want to frequent RCU. In regards to this specific subject, I cannot see how one would interpret the removal of the thread as simply "keeping someone from posting here."

For at least one person, this is a business first and foremost. A love too, but it puts food on the table. As such, certain rules must be enforced. For instance, if you had a problem with a co-worker at your place of employment, would you be allowed to make comments about your displeasure on the company's bulletin board? Of course not, you would go to your (or their) immediate supervisor and solve the problem without getting everyone in the company involved. This is not much different. Whatever your issue(s) is/are, it should be taken to the forum administrator. As that person is second in command, if the issue is not found in your favor you really only have two choices: accept the decision and move on, or just move on to somewhere else.

Honestly I have no idea where all of this stems from, or who all is involved. I can only give you one perspective - that of a moderator. And I hope you can accept my take on things as I see it - without the bias of being involved in the original circumstances that brought all this out. From my viewpoint, I believe that all of the moderators on RCU perform their duty with the intention of upholding their responsibilities to that standard that I mentioned previously:
For at least one person, this is a business first and foremost. A love too, but it puts food on the table.
Perception is individual however, so if one of the mod's falls away from that course the forum administrator or the owner can and will put us back on track.

I'm not sure how I can elaborate on this any more. And I hope you can find peace with however this turns out.