Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Company / On-line Business Bashing

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Company / On-line Business Bashing

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 05:06 AM
Longhair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Company / On-line Business Bashing

I have noticed a lot of threads popping up that bash companies and on-line business that don't hold any merit.

It ranges from Tower Hobbies raising the prices (even though it is an industry price increase on certain products) to people getting "ripped off" because their order from China did not arrive in 2 days.

Forum regulars are able to tell the difference between a legitimate complaint and someone crying over spilled milk after a few days and the thread grows but for someone that stumbles upon this site using a search engine will not be able to. It not only hurts the people that are looking for information but hurts the whole industry and in the end us because prices go up due to this false information.

How about some more strict rules when it comes to company / on-line bashing to benefit us all?
Old 12-12-2008, 07:01 AM
qldviking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Company / On-line Business Bashing

and what about us that have legitimate grievances? I am not one to bash a company that offers service, and comunicates with us but a company that has no service, ups the price after charging our cards, and wont answer emails and is downright rude and obnoxious on the phone I will tell the world about, its that simple.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:07 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Company / On-line Business Bashing

There is a very fine line between letting people know about problems they are having with a company and manufacturer/vendor bashing, and RCU does pay attention to these posts when we find them. We do fully believe that people should be able to come on here and let others know about a company that isn't doing business right so that they may find a resolution to a problem or to simply warn others of the company. However we don't let somebody come on here and simply "bash" a company. As I said, it's usually a fine line between the two and is not always easy to tell the difference. However here are an example:

Allowed - airing a problem with a company.
On the 10th of November I ordered a Wowie Monster Truck from XYZ car company. When I received it and opened the box the controller was completely missing. I called the company and they said they would send me a new controller. I have been waiting for 4 weeks and I still have not received it. I have continued to call and they keep saying that they will send it, but nothing yet.

Not allowed - bashing a company
last monht i ordered a wowie MT from xyz. it took 5 days to get here instead of 2, so I called them and wanted my money back. they refused and toldme I didn't pay for fast shipping. this is so bogus that they won't give me my money back.

Usually the difference between the two is that an acceptable post will simply give the facts of the matter, the problem they are having, what they have tried so far, what the company has done to this point, and any other details. What's not acceptable is a simple mindless rant.

RCU feels that being able to help notify others about problems with companies is one of our biggest assets. This helps keep others from having the same problems. But we do take action when we find a post that is manufacturer/vendor bashing when we find it. However, RCU is a huge place and it's next to impossible for our moderators to view everything here. If you as a member find a post that is out of line simply report which will bring it to the attention of a moderator who can then deal with it.

Ken