Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Site performance is degrading

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Site performance is degrading

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 10:19 AM
acw
My Feedback: (1)

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Site performance is degrading

Hey guys, I'm not sure what kind of monitoring you are using on RCU but performance is really a problem. When I click on RCU links, I often see latency of around 1 minute. Sometimes it never comes back... It is so bad that I often give up and go surf another site.

I suspect you guys could get a huge boost in traffic if you were to fix this performance problem. RCU is the only site I visit often with that problem so I don't think my client stack / internet access is the problem.

Thanks

Arnaud (a big rcu fan)

Old 09-21-2009, 09:13 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Site performance is degrading

Arnaud,

did you do a traceroute to make sure it was not network related?

we have a problem with one of our 5 front end servers flaking out. I am in the process of replacing that one and upgrading another one too. I think this will solve these issues. I assume your issue is not 100% of the time but intermittent right?

Also I have external and internal monitors on the servers and site ever 5 minutes. Timeouts are set to 30 seconds. I rarely get notices but again with 5 servers if the external is on a good server it won't know another one is slow. Our internal monitors pick this up and when it does we reboot the server to fix it. Right now it is our RCU3 server doing this. Next time you see a slow page load go to the bottom left and highlight the page there. it will show you the server side time to generate the page. if it is long we know it is a server issue. if it is < 2 seconds we know probably network related

marc
Old 09-21-2009, 10:02 PM
acw
My Feedback: (1)

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Marc.
I experience this basically every morning and everning pacific time. (8am / 8-9pm). This has been going on for weeks.
Let me know if I can do anything to help.
Arnaud
Old 09-21-2009, 10:15 PM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: acw

Hi Marc.
I experience this basically every morning and everning pacific time. (8am / 8-9pm). This has been going on for weeks.
Let me know if I can do anything to help.
Arnaud

check the traceroute for me. then try to tell me what server you are on by going to bottom of this page:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/buynow/

note the time you see the slowdown.

go back to forums and if page loads slow note the render time as noted in my post above
Old 09-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Live Wire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark
It is RCU-3 here and 3:12 PM. Just so you can compare and chech the problem.
Larry K
Old 09-23-2009, 04:27 PM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: Live Wire

Mark
It is RCU-3 here and 3:12 PM. Just so you can compare and chech the problem.
Larry K

Doesn't help me without the page speeds and traceroute as noted above in my post. I cannot figure out where the issue is without all the info