Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

Do your advertisers a big favor and...

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Do your advertisers a big favor and...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 09:48 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Do your advertisers a big favor and...

Make it so we can click "back" on our browser to go back and see an advertisement. When you go back it's gone. I can't tell you how many times I've done this only to find that a new one has rotated into it's place. This time I didn't bother to try and go hunt for it or wait till it comes back. I just came here to tell you about it. And meanwhile they probably lost some business. Just a thought.

PS: This probably should have gone in the Suggestions area. Feel free to move it if you want.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:04 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Do your advertisers a big favor and...

If there is a specific ad you are looking for you can find it by viewing the list of RCU advertisers.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/allsponsors.cfm

Ken
Old 11-02-2009, 08:25 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

I did manage to see it. I actually clicked before the web page changed and was able to catch it. I still say you should make it so you can click back and see the ad. The problem with that list you gave me is that it doesn't have the graphic from the ad and you may have only seen the graphic, not the name of the vendor. Thanks for the workaround.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: RCKen

If there is a specific ad you are looking for you can find it by viewing the list of RCU advertisers.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/allsponsors.cfm

Ken
Ken,

Actually, that is the ONLY page on this website where there are NO ads. Just a long list of links, with no indication of what you'll find if you click the link.

If he caught the name of the advertiser before the page changed, he wouldn't have asked, he'd just try their web page. The point he made is valid.

Best wishes,
Dave Olson
Old 11-02-2009, 10:34 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

due to cache busting technology the back button will not work.  cache busters are used to not show you the same ad on every page which for obvious reasons would be bad. 

I am unable to come up with any workaround to this as a result even though it is a good suggestion.  The only thing we could do is keep a trailing record of what ads you viewed on recent pages and then have a link like "show me the last 20 banners I viewed".  That however may require extensive coding and put undue strain to track this on the system.  This is more of an edge type case too so not sure our coding efforts in other areas would pay you more dividends.