RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Forum questions or problems (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forum-questions-problems-239/)
-   -   Report bugs with new vbulletin forum here (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forum-questions-problems-239/11584402-report-bugs-new-vbulletin-forum-here.html)

SkidMan 08-06-2013 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by acerc (Post 11584498)
And I really hate the fact that just because I post in a forum it is automatically added to my Subscribed forums. Like I said above, "This new and inproved RCU bites"!!!

Under the blue menu bar click on the "Form Actions" pull-down
From there click on "General Settings"

You can set your "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "Do Not Subscribe"

This will make the subscriptions work like the previous software.

The admins can set the global default for that setting and it would save them some aggravation if they set the default to "Do Not Subscribe."

Paul

ahamay 08-06-2013 01:54 PM

There's something major broken on how the forum logs you in or keeps you logged in. Between the usercp wrapper and the actual forum it's not keeping you logged into the forum.

SkidMan 08-06-2013 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by ahamay (Post 11584571)
Can't get the site working at all with chrome. I get pages and pages of non formatted text. Using IE every time I refresh or browse to a new forum or page it logs me out.

Chrome is working fine for me on Windows 7 64-bit using Chrome Version 28.0.1500.95 m (Current release)

Paul

Airplanes400 08-06-2013 02:09 PM

Does this thing work?

Cub Flyer Fresno 08-06-2013 02:17 PM

I'm not normally one to complain and I don't know about anybody else, but the blue seperator line against the white background really does a number on my eyes! It looks good, but......

I'm also having a problem with Chrome, it gives me "Page not found". I'm using the same system and version as SkidMan. I have not tried to clear the cache or anything like that yet.

UPDATE!!!
Just tried it in Chrome again, it works now. Did someone fix something? If so, good job!

CW 08-06-2013 02:43 PM

"Upgrade"?

Can't find any Electric Pattern- message says new thread no posts? Help please:(

acerc 08-06-2013 02:48 PM

Skidman I just did that, Thank's. Now how do I get photos to appear.

daveopam 08-06-2013 02:53 PM

The quick navigation button is not functioning correctly. For example on the old site if I was half way down the list of forums and I clicked to jump to another forum, it would start off with where I was currently at. The new quick jump takes me to the top of the list of forums no matter what I was just looking at.
Also I notice most of us are basic members and most don't have an avitar.

David

Neddy191 08-06-2013 02:58 PM

I keep getting 'page no found' errors when trying to look at any of the forums when using firefox on mac. Safari works but I HATE it. And please get pictures working STAT

IBobi 08-06-2013 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Neddy191 (Post 11584614)
I keep getting 'page no found' errors when trying to look at any of the forums when using firefox on mac. Safari works but I HATE it. And please get pictures working STAT

Be sure to CLEAR YOUR COOKIES. Let us know if that doesn't fix the Page Not Found issue.

sensei 08-06-2013 03:04 PM

In the old forum we could see who was on a particular thread, is that capability gone?

Thanks,

Bob

acerc 08-06-2013 03:06 PM

And where did the my models go. I just looked up Neddy191 and there is no option to see his models. I use that feature a lot in regards as to what people say and are capable of.

bigtim 08-06-2013 03:08 PM

so I tried to post images to my thread and the 1.9mb photos loaded yet the 2.1mb one did not calling the file too large the photo was also taken at the same time .2 mb is the deal breaker on photos?

for the life of me I can't find the subscription button

Rob2160 08-06-2013 03:19 PM

Works ok on Firefox but no formatting on IE. Can't post on IE..

phmaximus 08-06-2013 03:21 PM

When im writing a post I cant press "enter" on the keyboard to move my curser down the the next line. When I press "enter" nothing happens

Neddy191 08-06-2013 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 11584621)
Be sure to CLEAR YOUR COOKIES. Let us know if that doesn't fix the Page Not Found issue.

It worked for the page not found. As far as pics, I can now see the pics acerc posted today in his pitts thread but I have to click on the file name for all the old pics to come up (in a new tab). Are you working on getting the old pics to some up as thumbnails instead of links?

Neddy191 08-06-2013 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by acerc (Post 11584623)
And where did the my models go. I just looked up Neddy191 and there is no option to see his models. I use that feature a lot in regards as to what people say and are capable of.

I agree Robert, I really liked the models page on the old forum. I hope they'll bring it back.

IBobi 08-06-2013 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Thud_Driver (Post 11584532)
Any way I can hide the list of sub-forums at the top of the RC Jets page??

I'll find out.

pvogel 08-06-2013 03:35 PM

No articles in the Electric Pattern forum? There were quite a few in the old RCU. Thanks for the upgrade to vBulletin! vBulletin supports Tapatalk, can you enable that? Pretty please???

IBobi 08-06-2013 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by pvogel (Post 11584647)
No articles in the Electric Pattern forum? There were quite a few in the old RCU. Thanks for the upgrade to vBulletin! vBulletin supports Tapatalk, can you enable that? Pretty please???

That's Electric Pattern Flying, not EP Aircraft, right?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/elec...rn-flying-515/

I'll look into that, we may have missed an import there.

IBobi 08-06-2013 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Neddy191 (Post 11584642)
It worked for the page not found. As far as pics, I can now see the pics acerc posted today in his pitts thread but I have to click on the file name for all the old pics to come up (in a new tab). Are you working on getting the old pics to some up as thumbnails instead of links?

Yes indeed -- over the next day or so, all the attachments will slowly be replaced by thumbnails as the database catches up :)

Nathan 08-06-2013 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by acerc (Post 11584623)

The capability is still available-
RCUniverse Member Profile: Neddy191

The My Models link is at the very top of any page, at the top of the RCU main header.

pvogel 08-06-2013 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 11584648)
That's Electric Pattern Flying, not EP Aircraft, right?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/elec...rn-flying-515/

I'll look into that, we may have missed an import there.

That's correct. Electric RC Pattern Flying, as linked to from the "Pattern Universe" section here: Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying

Peter+

flyinwalenda 08-06-2013 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cub Flyer Fresno (Post 11584597)
I'm not normally one to complain and I don't know about anybody else, but the blue seperator line against the white background really does a number on my eyes! It looks good, but......

I'm also having a problem with Chrome, it gives me "Page not found". I'm using the same system and version as SkidMan. I have not tried to clear the cache or anything like that yet.

UPDATE!!!
Just tried it in Chrome again, it works now. Did someone fix something? If so, good job!

I don't care for the blue either. It's similar to the "other" site that did a facelift...not eye friendly. How about the green on the message banner at the top of the page ? The white and black show up much better.
Anyway. So far so good running on Seamonkey and Firefox

bigtim 08-06-2013 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by bigtim (Post 11584624)
so I tried to post images to my thread and the 1.9mb photos loaded yet the 2.1mb one did not calling the file too large the photo was also taken at the same time .2 mb is the deal breaker on photos?

for the life of me I can't find the subscription button

so supposedly we can upload 25 photos according to Ken's FAQ, now I go back to my 3 year old thread to edit "My" post and I am locked out of My thread so I can't seem to make a edit within a 30 min period